Suzuki Swift

chuang

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Suzuki dealer in kampangpet starts to deliver their first new swift lot. We were told those were the order placed early April! Now if you order now you will get your swift in November.

Thanks a lot...

• 1 month later...

Excuse my ignorance but is this a new swift model that is waiting for production to begin? Is it being built in Thailand? I am looking at a Brio, this is very interesting but who would want to wait 6-7 months? Is this going to get any better?

I've been told 6-10 months for delivery. Might be worth the wait - looks much better than the brio (the brio goes well, and good fuel economy - I drove it briskly on open roads getting almost 20km/l on a test drive). Not sure if the suzuki will do as well for fuel - the 1.2 is a proven motor from overseas so I don't see a problem with it - the problem will be when they sell thousands and don't have enough service centres to service them!

Thanks, that may work but I would like to know if it is expected to get beter than that or will remain 6-10 months. They will lose a lot of sales at that time frame.

Thanks, that may work but I would like to know if it is expected to get beter than that or will remain 6-10 months. They will lose a lot of sales at that time frame.

It may change, but I don't even know if the car is 'available' yet. It the meantime I bet there is a building backlog over the coming months. At the show I think they were offering 50% discount on insurance. Then there is the mitsubishi mirage which I think will have the best economy of the lot - quite cheap, free insurance, but I'm not sure on delivery times. I don't like it's look though and looks lower spec than the suzuki. It seems delivery is slow for many vehicles due to backlogs after the floods. You would need to phone around to check on deliver times. If you don't mind waiting, my choice would be the suzuki. I see too many things I don't like in the other vehicles, but I don't know what the almera is like.

It certainly looks the best of the lot and from the reviews I have seen it is still a sweet little car. The old model was quite popular and they had to get it right with this model as well. It's right in my sights now, ticks a lot of boxes. I will call around when I get back this week.

Went to checkout the Mitsubishi and Suzuki yesterday, Suzuki has a waiting time of 10 months but mirage is available in 1 months time.

Mitsubishi, although the looks are not that good compared to that of swift, the top model comes with the DVD navigation. The mirage is quite spacious and feels solid.

Went to checkout the Mitsubishi and Suzuki yesterday, Suzuki has a waiting time of 10 months but mirage is available in 1 months time.

Mitsubishi, although the looks are not that good compared to that of swift, the top model comes with the DVD navigation. The mirage is quite spacious and feels solid.

Did you get to test drive them?

I did for the mirage but not for the swift. Design wise definitely swift but performance wise I'm unable to make a comparison.

I did for the mirage but not for the swift. Design wise definitely swift but performance wise I'm unable to make a comparison.

I haven't driven either; but I saw the suzuki zipping around the test drive area at the last motor show. It appeared to be a quick little car! I think it would be fine around town but typically they would struggle to overtake a truck on the highway at speed. Note also the brio appears to be electronically limited to 145km/h, but the march can pull over 170 in the manual version. God knows why anyone would wanna go that fast in such a small car. Mind you I topped out my old mini at 100mph back in the day...that was fun:)

There's plenty of reviews of the suzuki on youtube, but they are mostly in foreign languages.

Just put a deposit down. I can wait, it is an awesome little car for the money. They have a test driver available. Nice to drive, you need to boot it a bit but flip the switch on the gear lever into sport and it gets along ok. For me it was a toss up between this and the Brio but I liked the style, fitment and quality of the Swift, worth the extra 50k IMO. Just opening and closing the doors of the Brio was enough for me, very "tinny", the Swift felt more solid.

No extras or insurance, nothing. She was adamant so I guess everyone gets nothing.

Great selection of accessories as well.

They only wanted 3000 Baht deposit, refundable, so no worries if you change your mind. With 10 months wait I hope some people will change their mind! One sales guy said 8...be nice to get it buy xmas but at least it will be here for the school run next wet season.

The dealer in CM was packed, they had 5 groups of people looking at the 4 swifts on display. I went away to think about it over lunch and again it was packed when I got back...The sales lady said they sold over 20 last week.

Just put a deposit down. I can wait, it is an awesome little car for the money. They have a test driver available. Nice to drive, you need to boot it a bit but flip the switch on the gear lever into sport and it gets along ok. For me it was a toss up between this and the Brio but I liked the style, fitment and quality of the Swift, worth the extra 50k IMO. Just opening and closing the doors of the Brio was enough for me, very "tinny", the Swift felt more solid.

No extras or insurance, nothing. She was adamant so I guess everyone gets nothing.

Great selection of accessories as well.

They only wanted 3000 Baht deposit, refundable, so no worries if you change your mind. With 10 months wait I hope some people will change their mind! One sales guy said 8...be nice to get it buy xmas but at least it will be here for the school run next wet season.

The dealer in CM was packed, they had 5 groups of people looking at the 4 swifts on display. I went away to think about it over lunch and again it was packed when I got back...The sales lady said they sold over 20 last week.

It's a great looking car but I sincerely worry about servicing with the low number of service centres? Did they say anyhting about opening more service centres? The brio is a good drive but the styling and quality in the swift is much better - no insurance with the brio too! Which colour did you order? I like the blue or white:)

I got the Blue. It's a nice shade compared to some other makes blue offerings. The white is the most popular though, I found it a little plain even though it's pearlescent paint. I reckon the blue will look good with the white accessory stripes.

Re the service centres, I am not sure what they have around the country but the one in CM is having a makeover and it's a big facility. Bodes well that they are investing money and it will make it's way to other service centres as well although it is never going to be on par with Honda or Toyota. If I lived somewhere without a service centre nearby I would have probably got something else.

Can anyone confirm fuel consumption figures for the swift? I can't seem to find a definitive answer for this new 1.2 cvt model which is a bit odd as it is one of the main selling points.....

I am trying to compare it to a lightly used Fiesta 1.6 sport for similar money I am considering.

*edit* Found it, it gets 20.5 Klm/L or 4.88L/100klm. Looking at the Fiesta it is getting around 6-8L/100klm from peoples real world findings posted on the Fiesta thread.

Edited by Bung

Can anyone confirm fuel consumption figures for the swift? I can't seem to find a definitive answer for this new 1.2 cvt model which is a bit odd as it is one of the main selling points.....

I am trying to compare it to a lightly used Fiesta 1.6 sport for similar money I am considering.

*edit* Found it, it gets 20.5 Klm/L or 4.88L/100klm. Looking at the Fiesta it is getting around 6-8L/100klm from peoples real world findings posted on the Fiesta thread.

Like the other ecocars I'm pretty sure you would get closer to 15km/l or less around town. 20 would be with fairly open driving without much traffic. Which website does the 20.5 km/l come from?

The swift in top spec is still cheaper than the 1.5 fiesta isn't it? The fiesta's main draw back to me is that it's far too small in the rear.

As an aside, Ive seen several red plate suzukis around. I thought they might be the old model, but one i saw closely showed it was the new 1.2. It looks very good!

I ended up buying a second hand Fiesta 1.6S for the same money, 1 year old with just 8000 k's on the clock.

Being 170k more baht new it is much more of a car for the money and it would have done my head in waiting 10 months for the Swift. Shame as if they could have delivered I would have got it....

The Fiesta will be much better on the long runs than the swift and should still get good consumption, the Vigo will be in semi retirement as I won't need it now for anything outside the city, just if I need to carry something which is rare anyway. The Fiesta gets about 2 klm/100k worse economy than the swift from what I can tell so cost about 70 baht/100k's more to run, 700/1000 etc....

I would have most likely booted that swift around town to get it to go anyway and trashed it's economy.

I still have the deposit on the swift though, I kind of still want it in a way....Maybe time to flick the 4x4 and just run smaller cars...I would probably regret not having a pickup though....Compromises....A 1.6 fiesta and Vigo will do me for now....

I ended up buying a second hand Fiesta 1.6S for the same money, 1 year old with just 8000 k's on the clock.

Being 170k more baht new it is much more of a car for the money and it would have done my head in waiting 10 months for the Swift. Shame as if they could have delivered I would have got it....

The Fiesta will be much better on the long runs than the swift and should still get good consumption, the Vigo will be in semi retirement as I won't need it now for anything outside the city, just if I need to carry something which is rare anyway. The Fiesta gets about 2 klm/100k worse economy than the swift from what I can tell so cost about 70 baht/100k's more to run, 700/1000 etc....

I would have most likely booted that swift around town to get it to go anyway and trashed it's economy.

I still have the deposit on the swift though, I kind of still want it in a way....Maybe time to flick the 4x4 and just run smaller cars...I would probably regret not having a pickup though....Compromises....A 1.6 fiesta and Vigo will do me for now....

Good choice I think - saw a new test video of the swift on youtube by konnaimairoo. You can search for it. It's all in Thai but it took the dam_n thing nearly 16 seconds to get to 100 km/h !! I thought it would be quicker; hope to see a full review of it sometime soon. I think the pickup with good ride height and ecocar are a good combination if you must have 2 cars. The fiesta will serve you well though. Saw another video of a fiesta racing a mazda 2 in tests in another youtube video. The mazda was much quicker off the line and beat the fiesta to 100. This must be due to the gearbox ratios / design. However the fiestas extra power became evident after a few laps where it passed the mazda and beat it by a significant margin.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Today I have been told but Mitsubishi Lamphun, order Mirage today, delivery next year ... very long queue ... impressive !

P.