Land Rover Evoque.

mjj

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to my parents being slackers and not giving me lots of cash I wont be buying one.

Lovely looking car but that's used Ferrari money back home. Hmmmmmmm.

Anyway Mr Smith, buy 2 and we can compare verdicts.

In OZ it's lead in model is under $45,000. Compared to Range Rover of about $130,000. So it seems the Evoque is been pitched in a different segment to the traditional Range Rover.

Price here will depend on which configuration Thailand chooses to sell. With duties and protection of local industry I'd suspect it's top models. Also remembering Australia has big tarrifs on Imported cars, especailly the luxury segment.

They do look sexy and I recently test drove one while in Sydney. Excellent drive, but interior was a tad bland. With such a low price point I think they'll become a soccer mums car. Which of course is not an issue here. Just my feeling

4m for a grey market one, real one would be more I guess. That's basically lexus/x3 type pricing, and the X1 and X3 have a waiting list a year long, Mini Countryman (a love it or hate it IMHO quite horrid looking car) is 3m.

Slick fancy looking SUV capable of pulling some skirt. Well either that or a soccer mum's ride in Aussie laugh.png

All my twirty something hi-so aspiring female friends love it - all they know and say is Victoria Beckham helped in the design so it's VERY cool ...wub.png

cheesy.gif ,she couldn't design a head rest. cheesy.gif , the only thing she has designed is how to make a mouth go a funny shape for the cameras. cheesy.gif

• 10 months later...

'Pure' starts at 3.5 million................... So what is the difference the proper Range Rover was something over 10 million ?? even the TDi was over 9 million

Guess is why you see a lot of Evoque about, but very few Vogues.............. So is this thanks to TATA Motors ?

The Range Rover Evoque all models are cheaper than any of the RX Lexus models here

Edited by ignis

All my twirty something hi-so aspiring female friends love it - all they know and say is Victoria Beckham helped in the design so it's VERY cool ...wub.png

cheesy.gif ,she couldn't design a head rest. cheesy.gif , the only thing she has designed is how to make a mouth go a funny shape for the cameras. cheesy.gif

Looks like an Elephants sat on it to me, or they got the roof pillars out of the Mini Cooper box .If the WAG designed a Headrest for Herself it wouldnt fit in a Evoque, sloppy tart.giggle.gif

• Like 1

differerence is under the hood... it is always about the engine. For example if you want the Evoque petrol 240 hp you need to be read to pay an extra 1M thb... That is crazy... Since it exceed 200 hp and customs want more money :(

So many (like me) buy the 190 HP diesel and than tune up to 230 hp... :)

'Pure' starts at 3.5 million................... So what is the difference the proper Range Rover was something over 10 million ?? even the TDi was over 9 million

Guess is why you see a lot of Evoque about, but very few Vogues.............. So is this thanks to TATA Motors ?

The Range Rover Evoque all models are cheaper than any of the RX Lexus models here

differerence is under the hood... it is always about the engine. For example if you want the Evoque petrol 240 hp you need to be read to pay an extra 1M thb... That is crazy... Since it exceed 200 hp and customs want more money sad.png

So many (like me) buy the 190 HP diesel and than tune up to 230 hp... smile.png

So Many like Me... > In you Dreams. Have to informed you Insurance , upgraded the Brakes, dear me,wheres my Moped.cheesy.gif

A friend of mine bought one... a grey market 2.2 SD4 Prestige Model (white) with Lux kit... apparently it had the full roof moon-roof, 850 meridian sound system... It was the nuts.. For 2 hours at least.

Before he had even got it home it broke down on the express way, he had to call out the recovery truck and get it towed off the express way, then another and have it taken to the garage. This was after just two hours of ownership. It was under warranty of the Grey Importer and after two weeks the garage couldn't fix whatever the fault was... He got a full refund and has chosen something less noticeable.. (a BMW).

There are some known issues on certain vehicles. I mean also some recall and other bulletins. It is easy to run the VIN number on TOPIX Land Rover website to see if there is any issue on your car. That's what I did. I also bought the last model 2013 which has much less issues than some previous versions.

Anyway 2.2M it looks like a used one, and probably with some known issues, this is why the price. It is too low even for a prestige model.

Mini Cooper, if you mean the Countryman (I had one before the Evoque) is 2.7M for the grey market import, full options. I enjoyed that car but it is the wrong car for thai roads. Evoque with the adaptive dynamics suspensions is another world...

There are some known issues on certain vehicles. I mean also some recall and other bulletins. It is easy to run the VIN number on TOPIX Land Rover website to see if there is any issue on your car. That's what I did. I also bought the last model 2013 which has much less issues than some previous versions.

Anyway 2.2M it looks like a used one, and probably with some known issues, this is why the price. It is too low even for a prestige model.

2.2 is the engine size... price was about 4MB.