Thai Airways A380-Update

WilliaminBKK

What about LONDON ???? I guess they don't want to give up their valuable slots at Heathrow and will continue to run double daily with A346 or 747's grrrrrrr

Frankfurt makes sense as a major Star Alliance Hub, and Paris as well as AF is pulling service to BKK, SIN & HKG for training short term, but I still want London...............

-------------------------

THAI Airways International (THAI) has revealed its plans for the Airbus A380 aircraft that will be deployed progressively from 3Q2012.

The planes will first be utilised on the carrier's daily services to Hong Kong (TG600/TG601) and Singapore (TG409/TG410) during the period October 28–December 14.

Starting December 15, THAI will deploy the A380 on its daily Bangkok–Frankfurt flights (TG920/TG921). An extra A380 service to Tokyo (Narita) (TG676/TG677), operated daily, will be launched on January 16, 2013.

As the carrier takes delivery of additional A380s, the plane will be utilised for daily Bangkok–Paris (Charles de Gaulle) services, replacing the existing 10-weekly flights operated with Boeing 777-300ERs.

THAI's A380s will offer 507 seats in a three-class configuration (12 first-class, 60 business-class and 435 economy-class). Compared to the first tranche of A380s delivered to Singapore Airlines, Thai’s A380s will offer an additional 36 seats in economy class.

Source: http://ttgasia.com/article.php?article_id=3506

Compared to the first tranche of A380s delivered to Singapore Airlines, Thai’s A380s will offer an additional 36 seats in economy class.

Sounds like an offer that's not much of an offer. Don't see how cramming in extra people can be considered an offer (other than a lower price?).

Compared to the first tranche of A380s delivered to Singapore Airlines, Thai’s A380s will offer an additional 36 seats in economy class.

Sounds like an offer that's not much of an offer. Don't see how cramming in extra people can be considered an offer (other than a lower price?).

(other than a lower price?). Hell would freeze over before that have happened with Thai

So being sqeezed in nice and tightly next to some sex tourist, thats all the extra seats mean, how thoughtful. Cant wait to continue flying with Etihad.

But just think of all those girlie smiles from the guy's. eh. giggle.gif

Considering the size of the A380, i hardly doubt Thai is "cramming" in more seats.

They will have more room for economy seats because their business class is smaller than SQ's.. I bet they will still have a bigger seat pitch.

SQ's economy offering on the A380 is pretty reasonable in terms of seat pitch. The biz class ones that they make such an advertising meal of are a bit of a con IMHO! And not very comfortable either....

They will have more room for economy seats because their business class is smaller than SQ's.. I bet they will still have a bigger seat pitch.

SQ's economy offering on the A380 is pretty reasonable in terms of seat pitch. The biz class ones that they make such an advertising meal of are a bit of a con IMHO! And not very comfortable either....

I find SQ business class seats on the A380 great. I find they conform with their marketing. 5* comfort the whole way.

I find SQ business class seats on the A380 great. I find they conform with their marketing. 5* comfort the whole way.

Fair enough, I just can't get on with them myself. For a start, I'm too tall to fit in the "diagonal" sleeping position unless I can get a bulkhead seat! I'd rather fly first class on Thai, or possibly Emirates, both of whom charge about the same as biz class on SQ! Of course, that means you have to transit somewhere instead of flying direct. Pros and cons etc...

Edited by Captain Chaos
  • Like 1

So being sqeezed in nice and tightly next to some sex tourist, thats all the extra seats mean, how thoughtful. Cant wait to continue flying with Etihad.

I must have missed the announcement from Etihad that they don't allow sex tourist on their flights, do you have a link ?

Regards

• Like 1

I must have missed the announcement from Etihad that they don't allow sex tourist on their flights, do you have a link ?

Regards

You see your fare share with who ever you fly with, but at least they ain't cramming in all those extra seats and still charging to much for the airfare. And from reading other people's experience and my own, I didn't enjoy terrible service on board and no private tv's from an airline that has a slogan "smooth as silk" more like, rough as sand paper.

But imagine that as an add campaign for Ethiad, no sex tourists, fly with us.

Chris.

Its to be expected that some here will have the "Thai is great" motto...but they are almost all of the "I flew with another airline once and hated it" crowd.

Thai Airways is near to Lufthansa and a shade above KLM. Probably on a par with BA.

That is not a recommendation by the way...

Regards

You see your fare share with who ever you fly with, but at least they ain't cramming in all those extra seats and still charging to much for the airfare. And from reading other people's experience and my own, I didn't enjoy terrible service on board and no private tv's from an airline that has a slogan "smooth as silk" more like, rough as sand paper.

Chris.

I have to ask - how does one recognise a sex tourist on the plane to Thailand? Is it the thinning hair/ponytail combo? Or the extravagant gut hanging over a cinched belt? Or the turn-upped trousers that are too short and worn with 99 Baht, slip-on shoes and no socks? I think we should be told.

Regards

Chris.

I have to ask - how does one recognise a sex tourist on the plane to Thailand? Is it the thinning hair/ponytail combo? Or the extravagant gut hanging over a cinched belt? Or the turn-upped trousers that are too short and worn with 99 Baht, slip-on shoes and no socks? I think we should be told.

I've seen one bloke on Planes with all those credentials !

Regards

Chris.

I think your missing my point.

Thai airways are offering extra 44 seats on their A380 flights, great you would think, but no. so I am implying you will be squeezed in nice and tightly and sorry if I offended you, but I used the sex tourists as an example. why you ask? then just open your eyes to what Thailand is known for. and before you jump on that statement, it's known for a number of great reasons, but what do single lonely men come to thailand for?

What you described of the average sex tourist, I can say yes, I have seen a guy on my last flight over who fits that description.

Chris.

Thai airways is always expensive, good service but expensive. Other than in country I never fly Thai Air because of the price.

Thai airways are offering extra 44 seats on their A380 flights, great you would think, but no. so I am implying you will be squeezed in nice and tightly

Have you seen the seat map compared with Singapore Airlines? Having more seats doesn't necessarily mean it will be more cramped.

What exactly is wrong with sex tourism? It's a business, just like an Air Operator eager for bums on seats. I'm sure that TG will do just fine with their A380's. BTW why none on the LHR sector, at least not yet? Maybe the sex tourism sector is still not strong enough out of the UK(?)

Maybe i should heed advice and break in gently with you guys.

Or maybe i should have said, Thai Airways are offering an extra 44 seats (i think was mentioned) so passengers would be squeezed in like sardines in a tin.

I hope no one takes offence with this latest comment.

Chris.

Or maybe i should have said, Thai Airways are offering an extra 44 seats (i think was mentioned) so passengers would be squeezed in like sardines in a tin.

Chris.

I hope no one takes offense with this latest comment.

Chris.

Don't worry. smile.png

Chris.

I hope no one takes offense with this latest comment.

Chris.

Don't worry. smile.png

I know this has gone way off topic now and sorry.

I aint worried, i actually enjoy the banter the guys can give and from reading previous posts etc.. and seeing the lads give it, this is why i joined. If people cant see a joke then i am lost on you.

Chris.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like LHR will not receive the Thai A380 as the International schedule shows the 6 planes ordered will be utilised on

Frankfurt/Narita/Paris routes.

Malaysian are going to use one of their new A380s on the KUL/LHR route and, as I live in Phuket, I shall be trying this on my next trip back to London. HKT-LHR-HKT with Malaysian cheaper than BKK-LHR-BKK with any of the direct carriers and no HKT-BKK leg to pay for.