I Won’t Quit, Pm Tells Taxi Drivers

cdnvic

Looks like he is packing his bags. Just sold Shin Corp holdings for Baht 68 billion. :D Not quit , but escape. :D

Not yet, but perhaps soon...and when they do, it will be for 200 BILLION :o:D :

12-26-05

BANGKOK (Dow Jones)--Thai telecommunications conglomerate Shin Corp. PCL Monday denied a report in a local newspaper that major shareholders will sell their stakes in the company to Norway-based Telenor ASA.

The Thai-language Kao Hoon newspaper reported Monday that Telenor is in talks to buy a stake in Shin because the conglomerate holds a controlling stake in Advanced Info Service PCL, the country's largest mobile phone operator.

However, according to the report, relatives of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra and his wife - Shin's principal shareholders - would be willing to sell their stakes only if the selling price reaches THB200 a share. The deal would be worth around THB200 billion, the report says.

The relatives of the Thai premier and his wife hold a combined 49.61% in Shin. Thaksin's daughter Pinthongta Shinawatra is the largest shareholder, with a 14.67% stake.

Edited by sriracha john

Looks like he is packing his bags. Just sold Shin Corp holdings for Baht 68 billion. :D Not quit , but escape. :D

Not yet, but perhaps soon...and when they do, it will be for 200 BILLION :D:D :

12-26-05

BANGKOK (Dow Jones)--Thai telecommunications conglomerate Shin Corp. PCL Monday denied a report in a local newspaper that major shareholders will sell their stakes in the company to Norway-based Telenor ASA.

The Thai-language Kao Hoon newspaper reported Monday that Telenor is in talks to buy a stake in Shin because the conglomerate holds a controlling stake in Advanced Info Service PCL, the country's largest mobile phone operator.

However, according to the report, relatives of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra and his wife - Shin's principal shareholders - would be willing to sell their stakes only if the selling price reaches THB200 a share. The deal would be worth around THB200 billion, the report says.

The relatives of the Thai premier and his wife hold a combined 49.61% in Shin. Thaksin's daughter Pinthongta Shinawatra is the largest shareholder, with a 14.67% stake.

Not Telenor , but Singtel and China Mobile. :o

Edited by ilyushin

Ahhhh ok, the OTHER denial reported 10 days prior to the Telenor denial....

:o

Friday December 16, 2005

BANGKOK (Dow Jones)--Thai telecommunications conglomerate Shin Corp. PCL Friday denied a report by a local newspaper that its major shareholders will sell their stake in the company to Singapore Telecommunications Ltd.

Shin issued the denial in a filing to the Stock Exchange of Thailand.

Thai Rath newspaper reported Friday that the families of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra and his wife are in talks to divest their combined 49.61% stake in Shin to SingTel. The deal would be worth around THB70 billion-THB80 billion, according to the report.

So they may be selling shares? :D

And buy some of these... :D

luggage.jpg

In order to do one of these... :o

moving_landing_pic.jpg

At night, of course :D

Feel the heat pushing you to decide

Feel the heat burning you up, ready or not

Some like it hot and some sweat when the heat is on

Some feel the heat and decide that they can’t go on

-Robert Palmer

So they may be selling shares? :D

And buy some of these... :D

luggage.jpg

In order to do one of these... :o

moving_landing_pic.jpg

At night, of course  :D

Then, the next morning, they ride one of these (his, of course):

AirAsiaJet.jpg

In order to get off here:

CaymanIslnds_welc_sign_th.jpg

The following day, they offload a pallet of baht and change it to this:

MCCW05_MoneyStack.jpg

In order to buy this:

jpalace.jpg

until...

(to be continued)....

Is Sondhi allowed to talk about "a barking dog at Hua Mark" when referring to Taksin?

That's an all time low for the PM - he was nearly swearing in front of thousands of people and jouranlists.

Giving away prises from his own pocket is also strange - it's not chocolate and candies, it's cars and houses! He is certainly confused about his personal life and the country he's working for.

CITY RALLY: I won’t quit, PM tells taxi drivers

Published on December 26, 2005

Thaksin said his loyalty to His Majesty was demonstrated by the fact that he had graduated from the police academy, where he swore an oath and drank sacred water.

“If I am not loyal [to the Royal Family], who else will be? So, I have to tell you, taxi drivers, straightforwardly so that you will all get a real understanding,” Thaksin said.

Hassaya Chartmontree

The Nation

Graduated from police academy?

Well that´s end of the discussion then :o

Thai Royal Army officer´s can say that

and also have some firepower behind

those words, sorry Mr. Thaksin :D

I’ve been elected by nearly 20 million people, and my party has over 370 MPs, so it’s not right that I suddenly have to quit just because someone started barking at Lumpini Park or because someone hired people from Phetchaburi, Phuket and certain slums in Bangkok

Certain slums? Well at least he doesn't have to live in them, unlike a large chunk of his audience. Anyway its a problem easily fixed, you just offer the poor people more money and hire then back. Except Thaksin would never offer people money for that sort of thing.

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra yesterday handed over the keys to three taxis and 10 houses to the lucky winners of a prize draw during the “PM meets the Taxi Drivers” event at the Hua Mak Indoor Stadium in Bangkok.

Whoops :o

The cracks are showing, and about time too.

:D looks like T. is still quite popular here on TV ! lot of T.-bashing still continues...

I wonder what would happen if somehow he is not PM anymore - would the atendence here drop drastically ? :o

or all those who love to suckle such topic from all sides possible would simlpy switch to his whoever successor ?

Yeah, now it's TV's fault. Never mind corruption, boasting, lying, cheaiting and stealing - it's those TV members who stir up the trouble for their own personal interests.

If I had a personal interest I would have cashed it by now.

People of Dr T's composition can't comprehend the idea of thinking for the whole nation. Patriots have no place in Dr T's Thailand - only nationalists and likewise zealots.