Red Shirts Want Decisive Say In The Choice Of Chiang Mai Candidate

webfact

Maybe Thaksin will now see the problem with the beast he has created! It is starting to think for itself. You don't need a paymaster if you believe that you can take majority power with your own party, own people.

I was sat watching the Disney cartoon the 'Lion King' today with the kids. Thaksin would do well to watch it. The bad guy wants the power and coerces with promises of power and food all the hyenas to do his dirty work for him and put him on the throne. Later when the hyenas learn that they were just being used by the bad guy to get him in to power, and that he didn't care for them one iota, as they were so 'below' him, the hyenas turned on the bad guy............end of dynasty....end of bad guy.

Seems the red hyenas are getting the idea that they may have been Thaksin's stooges after all.

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Thaksin will now see the problem with the beast he has created! It is starting to think for itself. You don't need a paymaster if you believe that you can take majority power with your own party, own people.

I was sat watching the Disney cartoon the 'Lion King' today with the kids. Thaksin would do well to watch it. The bad guy wants the power and coerces with promises of power and food all the hyenas to do his dirty work for him and put him on the throne. Later when the hyenas learn that they were just being used by the bad guy to get him in to power, and that he didn't care for them one iota, as they were so 'below' him, the hyenas turned on the bad guy............end of dynasty....end of bad guy.

Seems the red hyenas are getting the idea that they may have been Thaksin's stooges after all.

No it is just about the money...you see how many people come to red shirt demonstrations without money....

500-2000. Maybe countrywide 3000.

As the network of Red Villages grows, so does the egos and sense of power of the leadership.

Their plan to ride Thaksins coattails, until the capitalist is no longer needed is bearing early buds, if not fruit.

These later-day Marxists are nothing if not long term thinkers, ideologues always are.

And as such will happily ingratiate themselves with their opposites, if it furthers a long term plan.

Thaksin is such a arrogant Bishop held in league with pawns and rooks... but the rookery is aiming to

become Bishops, Knights and Rooks; nothing higher needed in their hoped for future.

Does Thaksin not see this? Or does he think his clan is stronger than

the Opposing Amart AND the Red Shirts he has been cudgeling them with?

Trianagulation of aims and purposes and so many loose cannons flying about.

Pandoras Box is well and truly opened, I doubt Thaksin has the weight

and keys to get it back in the box. When he exits from infirmity or quicker...

what then?

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

Ahhh so you did know what he was saying...ha ha Red humour...now I get it. Why do militaristically minded members make you feel uneasy? Is it that subliminally planted red brainwashing that starts a panic attack with you saying 'coupists, coupists' over and over again?

No, just people who agree with using the military and its snipers on it's own people.

Ahhh so you did know what he was saying...ha ha Red humour...now I get it. Why do militaristically minded members make you feel uneasy? Is it that subliminally planted red brainwashing that starts a panic attack with you saying 'coupists, coupists' over and over again?

No, just people who agree with using the military and its snipers on it's own people.

you mean the Thaksin mercenaries paid to start his own little turf war, is that 'it's own people' who were throwing grenades and using rocket propelled grenades?. Phiphidon, you will never smell the coffee until someone spills it in your lap.

Edited by GentlemanJim

• 2 weeks later...

Woravat said the red shirts and local residents would rally behind the Pheu Thai candidate should the ruling party decide to nominate Kasem Nimmolrat for the by-election race.

He dismissed speculation that the red shirts were displeased with the Kasem candidacy, even though Yaowapha Wongsawat, sister of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, had given her blessing.

He said the Pheu Thai executive board was still open to accept the nominations from all sides before finalising the decision next week.

Report in the other paper has that Pheu Thai has decided to run with Santa Claus as their candidate.

He dismissed speculation that the red shirts were displeased with the Kasem candidacy

How could anyone in their right mind be displeased with Santa Claus running for Parliament???

165757_1251501063909_1721003395_453130_7296035_n.jpg

Kasem Nimmolrat's public domain Facebook photo

(no need to Photoshop as the potential MP candidate has done so himself already)

He should fit right in with his fellow PTP MP's at Parliament.

"Pheu Thai belongs to the people. It is not a private company"

Wrong! Don't these people know anything about politics? If they want a say in what PTP does, join the party. The red-shirt movement is not part of PTP and really has no say in what they do.

Right! There is only one person who decide the candidates and this is Thaksin.

And if Mr. Phichit talks to much he'll get replaces because it is Thaksins own private company. Who pays who decides.

Hilarious. Only a matter of time before the reds split, they'll be better off for it too. Meanwhile "Thaksin thinks, PTP obeys".

• Like 1

Woravat said the red shirts and local residents would rally behind the Pheu Thai candidate should the ruling party decide to nominate Kasem Nimmolrat for the by-election race.

Can someone please explain to me what the difference is in 'red-shirts' and 'local residents' and how that might be important in the Chiang Mai Constituency 3 by-election

He dismissed speculation that the red shirts were displeased with the Kasem candidacy, even though Yaowapha Wongsawat, sister of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, had given her blessing.

He said the Pheu Thai executive board was still open to accept the nominations from all sides before finalising the decision next week.

Report in the other paper has that Pheu Thai has decided to run with Santa Claus as their candidate.

He dismissed speculation that the red shirts were displeased with the Kasem candidacy

How could anyone in their right mind be displeased with Santa Claus running for Parliament???

(no need to Photoshop as the potential MP candidate has done so himself already)

So here we have a post from buchholz, quoting buccholz, quoting buchholz, quoting buchholz. I'm sure you find yourself very interesting but don't you think this is a tad narcissistic?

• Like 1

Can someone please explain to me what the difference is in 'red-shirts' and 'local residents' and how that might be important in the Chiang Mai Constituency 3 by-election

Could you get your head round the fact that a local resident who is not a red shirt may wish to vote for the PTP candidate? Just a thought.

Could you get your head round the fact that a local resident who is not a red shirt may wish to vote for the PTP candidate? Just a thought.

Of course for 500 Baht

Nice one.

Phiphidon,if you don't live a red village area, and only think you know about their antics, why post until your SURE. There may be a small per/cent of residents that vote PTP who are not liking the reds hard line, but living here amongst it, very doubtful. in many villages if you do not conform you do not get favours from the headman, The same as Thaksin said to the people in the south....If you do not vote for me you will get no favours.   You side with this mentality, something amiss here,  Before you come back and say I am a democrat---NO NO......just bash where needed.

So here we have a post from buchholz, quoting buccholz, quoting buchholz, quoting buchholz. I'm sure you find yourself very interesting but don't you think this is a tad narcissistic?

So here we have a post from phiphidon discussing posters rather than topic again.

p.s. If you struggle to determine which of my posts are simply quoting the news articles I post, you're free to go back and see.

OR

you could just continue to troll threads and post about posters instead of the topic.

Edited by Buchholz

My dear chap, whereas the group of local residents consists of various colours and flavours including red-shirts, the group of red-shirts has local residents (in regard to Chiang Mai constituency-3) and non-locals. The non-local red-shirts may have a say in the selection of a Pheu Thai candidate as far as they are registered members of the Pheu Thai party, but they no not have voting rights in the constituency and as such it seems a wee bit strange to have in one sentence "red-shirts and local residents rally behind a Pheu Thai candidate".

I can understand that some local residents who are neither red-shirt nor UDD member may still vote for k. Kasem. Still the OP is on "red-shirts want decisive say in the choice of PT candidate".

I guess something must have been lost again, in translation that is smile.png

Nice one.

Logic is not easy for some. Local residents may be red-shirts, red-shirts may be locals. To write "red-shirts and locals" seems to suggest those red-shirts are not locals. blink.png

Phiphidon,if you don't live a red village area, and only think you know about their antics, why post until your SURE. There may be a small per/cent of residents that vote PTP who are not liking the reds hard line, but living here amongst it, very doubtful. in many villages if you do not conform you do not get favours from the headman, The same as Thaksin said to the people in the south....If you do not vote for me you will get no favours. You side with this mentality, something amiss here, Before you come back and say I am a democrat---NO NO......just bash where needed.

The last I heard Chiang Mai was not a red shirt village and the head man is a mayor.

• Like 1

So here we have a post from phiphidon discussing posters rather than topic again.

p.s. If you struggle to determine which of my posts are simply quoting the news articles I post, you're free to go back and see.

OR

you could just continue to troll threads and post about posters instead of the topic.

Normally posters only post once - you seem to find it necessary to bump your posts several times (presumably so that we get your message)

My dear chap, whereas the group of local residents consists of various colours and flavours including red-shirts, the group of red-shirts has local residents (in regard to Chiang Mai constituency-3) and non-locals. The non-local red-shirts may have a say in the selection of a Pheu Thai candidate as far as they are registered members of the Pheu Thai party, but they no not have voting rights in the constituency and as such it seems a wee bit strange to have in one sentence "red-shirts and local residents rally behind a Pheu Thai candidate".

I can understand that some local residents who are neither red-shirt nor UDD member may still vote for k. Kasem. Still the OP is on "red-shirts want decisive say in the choice of PT candidate".

I guess something must have been lost again, in translation that is smile.png

Now I understand.

OR

Normally posters only post once - you seem to find it necessary to bump your posts several times (presumably so that we get your message)

And yet more posting about posters. :rolleyes:

Normally, posters don't post news. If I quote a news article that I previously posted, I don't see it as quoting "myself".

No one has ever had a problem with that.... no one has ever even mentioned it before....but then, no one posts about posters as much as you do.

And yet more posting about posters. rolleyes.gif

Normally, posters don't post news. If I quote a news article that I previously posted, I don't see it as quoting "myself".

No one has ever had a problem with that.... no one has ever even mentioned it before....but then, no one posts about posters as much as you do.

The topic being so interesting that you referred to it three times is.................

a facebook picture of a PTP candidate dressed as Santa Claus

The topic being so interesting that you referred to it three times is.................

Where's you sense of humour, dear chap, or don't British politicians dress up occasionally rolleyes.gif

What the topic is not...

posting about posters.

If you have a comment about Santa's run for Parliament, you're welcome to proceed and end your persistent off-topic trolling.

Santa gets to use # 1 in his campaign billboards.... :)

Pheu Thai's candidate gets No 1 in by-election

A Pheu Thai candidate on Monday obtained No 1 for his by-election campaign in Chiang Mai's Constituency 3 after Pheu Thai MP Chinnicha Wongsawat was disqualified for a false declaration of her assets.

Kasem Nimmonrat was given the number as he was the only one to apply to run in the election on the first day of application period, which ends this Friday. About 300 of Kasem's supporters showed up at the venue.

The by-election is required following the disqualification of Chinnicha, the daughter of former Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat, by the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions for a false declaration of her assets.

She was also banned from politics for five years.

Chiang Mai's Election Commission Chairman Boonrat Wongyai said the application period on the first day was quiet, possibly because of the rain.

Candidates from other parties have time until Friday to submit their applications. The Chairman was confident that the campaign and the election set for June 2 in Chiang Mai would be peaceful, as in the past.

In the previous election, voter turnout in the province was 86 per cent so he expects the turnout to be not less than 70 per cent.

He also warned voters that the June 2 election falls on Saturday and not Sunday as is usually the case.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-05-08

Edited by Buchholz

• 3 weeks later...

Abhisit campaigns for Democrat candidate to Chiang Mai

Opposition leader Abhisit Vejjajiva was in Chiang Mai's constituency 3 on Thursday to help campaign for Democrat candidate Kullayakorn Jiamkittiwattana who is standing in next month's by-election

The June 2 election is required following the disqualification of Chinnicha, the daughter of former Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat, by the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions for false declaration of her assets. She was also banned from politics for five years.

Somchai is the brother-in-law of fugitive ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra.

Abhisit told reporters that the Democrats are considered underdogs in the province, which is the home of the Shinawatra family.

However, Kullayakorn is a Chiang Mai native and is familiar to locals and determined to work for Chiang Mai people.

"We have our members to talk to people, showing our determination to represent them. We hope that this will help our popularity among the people. However, everything depends on the voters," Abhisit said.

Abhisit said Chiang Mai's constituency 3 is different from Pathum Thani where a Democrat candidate won over Pheu Thai earlier this year. "In the general election last year, a Democrat lost out to his Pheu Thai rival by almost 20,000 votes in Pathum Thani and lost even more votes in the Chiang Mai areas. So, it is difficult to say whether we could win over Pheu Thai this time," he said.

The Pheu Thai candidate is Kasem Nimmonrat, 48, a Chiang Mai local politician and a close aide to Somchai's wife Yaowapa while Kullayakorn, 29, is working for community radio in the province.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-05-25