Air Asia On Eu`s Black List

espinoza

Or they have not paid some of their duties to somebody, etc.

I am wondering though, how can a carrier that has never been in the neighbourhood of the EU be blacklisted by the EU? And why?

No it means Air Asia Philippine are, not Air Asia X or Thai Air Asia.

As a foot note - Air Asia Philippine never flew to Europe, but Air Asia X did.

But I thoght Air Asia Philippine is owned 100% by Air Asia Malaysia as all the other Air Asia airliners.

If they don`t take good care of the safety in Air Asia Philippine, how can we trust they are doing it in the other airliners ?

1. fro memory: around 300 airlines are blacktlisetd by the EU-at least 250 of them are African-often using old Aeroflot USSR/Russian aircraft. Reasons are some of those mentioned above, and others. It may also have as result your travel-insurance from an EU-company is not valid if you fly on them. Plus that I thought-OP?!- hat Norge is not a EU-member.

2. as AA-Phill. has also never flown into the EU-there can be no issue of not having paid taxes etc.

3.again the tipical TV-responder, like sanitwong- grabbing any chance to beat at some hardly known opponent-just echoing British gutter press. Would save enormous amounts of cyberspace if that stopped.

Looks like the whole country of the Phillipines has been blacklisted..

1. fro memory: around 300 airlines are blacktlisetd by the EU-at least 250 of them are African-often using old Aeroflot USSR/Russian aircraft. Reasons are some of those mentioned above, and others. It may also have as result your travel-insurance from an EU-company is not valid if you fly on them. Plus that I thought-OP?!- hat Norge is not a EU-member.

2. as AA-Phill. has also never flown into the EU-there can be no issue of not having paid taxes etc.

3.again the tipical TV-responder, like sanitwong- grabbing any chance to beat at some hardly known opponent-just echoing British gutter press. Would save enormous amounts of cyberspace if that stopped.

All airlines from the Philippines are blacklisted from the EU, and they are also a class B carrier to the USA only being allowed to fly a specific aircraft type to the USA. What gets me is countries like Singapore, Hong Kong & Canada do not listen to the US/EU and take action against airlines based there.

The blacklist has to do with IATA/ICAO regulations governing airports in the Philippines, is it unfair ? not at the Phil Government has done nothing to upgrade their airports & safety concerns, from air traffic control to C checks on aircraft. I read the report some years ago about Manila and some red light issues were the way cargo containers were stored directly on the ground and the lack of pest control at NAIA, the issue is if a rat were to get into a cargo container and in turn end of on a plane they chew wires, all simple fixes in my mind but nothing happens.

Air Asia Philippines is owned by Filipinos as per local law, they were added to the list because they are simply based in the RP.

But I thoght Air Asia Philippine is owned 100% by Air Asia Malaysia as all the other Air Asia airliners.

AirAsia (Malaysia) is part owned by Malaysian airlines.

All subsidiary AirAsias are Joint Ventures with "local" companies --- Thailand - Japan - Indonesia - Vietnam - Philippines.

The ban can be for various reasons, poor standards for example. Siem Reap were on the list but Bankgok Airways were not, but in essence the same company. If they are on the list your flight insurance is null and void. That is why it matters.

• Like 1

The ban can be for various reasons, poor standards for example. Siem Reap were on the list but Bankgok Airways were not, but in essence the same company. If they are on the list your flight insurance is null and void. That is why it matters.

Not true. Insurance will still be valid, except if you take on the of the EU blacklisted airlines to or from the EU.

Not true. Insurance will still be valid, except if you take on the of the EU blacklisted airlines to or from the EU.

How can they fly to Europe is they are blacklisted?

"The list of air carriers banned in the European Union is a blacklist which includes airlines from countries with safety concerns due to alleged poor maintenance and regulatory oversight standards on the part of the EU, preventing them from entering the airspace of any member state. The first version of the list was published in 2006, on the legal basis of the Regulation No. 474/2006 of the European Commission, issued on 22 March of that year."

Edited by Mosha

How can they fly to Europe is they are blacklisted?

"The list of air carriers banned in the European Union is a blacklist which includes airlines from countries with safety concerns due to alleged poor maintenance and regulatory oversight standards on the part of the EU, preventing them from entering the airspace of any member state. The first version of the list was published in 2006, on the legal basis of the Regulation No. 474/2006 of the European Commission, issued on 22 March of that year."

Yes, you can't, making your first statement about insurance being invalid total BS.

Edited by stevenl

I believe AA- Phil is relatively new. If, as others say, all Phil airlines are blacklisted by the EU, then they would just be adding the new one, without any specific safety concerns. Just a thought.

All airlines from the Philippines are blacklisted from the EU, and they are also a class B carrier to the USA only being allowed to fly a specific aircraft type to the USA. What gets me is countries like Singapore, Hong Kong & Canada do not listen to the US/EU and take action against airlines based there.

The Phillipine airlines flight to YVR goes on to Las Vegas. As such, the US FAA is the final authority. If the FAA were to say no, it is highly likely Transport Canada would follow. The equipment used on the transpacific routes is not much worse than some of the crap flown by many US airlines or TG. Think about the US airlines still flying the MD series or using B757 for transatlantic flights.