Name Me Half A Dozen Good Things To Do Around Bkk

ShanePashen

Haven't been there for 20 odd years, spending a couple of weeks there in Early June,

Don't mind travelling a bit, daytrips overnighters? and throwing a bit of cash around.

Will be with my TGF, so please nothing too Lewd.

Maybe something a bit off beat?

I like animals, so wanted to see some tigers, monkeys etc.

I believe cock fighting is now banned, unless it's in Patpong :)

Open to any suggestions that doesn't involve ping pong show etc.

I'm not sure whether cockfighting is illegal, though it might be; up here in Phitsanulok it certainly takes place at our local farm/shop every Sunday. It seems to be a tradition associated with King Naresuan who is a demigod locally.

Before I came here to live, my wife made a deal with Naresuan that if I did come to be with her she would have a cockfight at the ruins of his palace - and she did..... looked more like WFF wrestling than a genuine fight, I'm pleased to say.

Snake farm.

Bridge over the River Kwai

Floating market

How about that macabre hospital museum with a sliced human head and the mummified body of an executed racist - forget where that is.

And the Ancient City . . forget what it's proper name is now . . .

Edited by bendix

Up the river on a day ticket and stop off where you fancy. Visit the temple. Chinatown or simply enjoy the ride.

where is the starting point should i embark for the trip ?

phra athit road is a good place to get on ,right beside kao san rd and all the craziness that goes with it ......

the boat stop is behind the fort

Edited by wana

Up the river on a day ticket and stop off where you fancy. Visit the temple. Chinatown or simply enjoy the ride.

phra athit road is a good place to get on ,right beside kao san rd and all the craziness that goes with it ......

are there different boats for different route or only one route ? where does the boat goes too ?

Thank you very much to all those responses.

I really do appreciate them

Particularly 2uniques thoughts.

Yes I like the idea of a boat trip up the river.

I also like many have a fascination to go to the Tiger temple

I know people are divided about it.

Might do a bit more research on that one.

I also have a bit of a morbid fascination to see cock fighting as well.

I know its wrong, but for some reason I feel compelled to see it.

I don't know why,.

Perhaps the reality might be more disturbing for me.

are there different boats for different route or only one route ? where does the boat goes too ?

Near Thaksin ? BTS Station, as I recall? (BKK members can correct me on this one). There are different boats available with different prices. I used to buy the 'Day Ticket'. That may be a more expensive method but I used to like travelling up and down, taking in the sights and getting on and off wherever the fancy took me.

• Like 1

How about that macabre hospital museum with a sliced human head and the mummified body of an executed racist - forget where that is.

The Museum of Forensic Medicine at Sirrirat Hopsital...there's lots more there than just that lot too...

A wander down the Saen Seab canal is a nice way to escape the "in your face" concrete and traffic.

Late afternoon/early evening around Lumpini Park.

This link may help regarding the river taxis http://www.chaophray...ndex.aspx#fares

I can't find anything online about the price of the all-day ticket, but a couple of years ago we paid (I think) 105 Baht each.

Another good day out is riding the Skytrain on an all-day ticket, getting off and on as often as you like - just don't carry any balloons.

Edit - just to clarify - I think the all-day ticket is only available for the blue flag boats.

Edited by chickenslegs

Snake farm.

Bridge over the River Kwai

Floating market

And the Ancient City . . forget what it's proper name is now . . .

"And the Ancient City . . forget what it's proper name is now . . ."

I take it you are talking about, Muang Boran as it is known in Thai, Ancient City is the farang name.

Combine it with a trip to the crocodile farm which is right next to it over at samut Prakarn.

I believe you can stay overnight at Khao Kiow zoo Sri Racha/Bang Pra if you fancy camping to the sound of the animals at night.

They have these superb airconditioned marquee tents with electricity and modcons...

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

My favourite place is Erawin mueseum.

A 40 metre high 3 headed elephant with a temple in the belly.

Mueseum has ancient buhdist relics

Some beautifull park grounds. A relay peacefull place.

150 baht entry.

Take BTS to Bearing and then a atxi for 100 baht.