Motorbike Flat Tyre Repair

mrireland

Hi,

I have flat tyre on my motorbike but im staying out on the canal road and its a long distance to the nearest garage. Since its the front tyre i could probably drive it in but im not sure if that will damage the tyre itself, i imagine it would.

Does anyone know someone that would call out and fix it at my apartment? Obviously it will cost more than if i bring it to the garage but thats fine, hell need reasonable english so i can explain how to get to me (out near 700th stadium) and tell him what the problem is as i dont know thai.

If anyone has a number for someone i would appreciate it

From GT Rider

Joe's got a powerful sidecar (Kawasaki VN1500 motor) for breakdown pick-ups, and they're an awesome pair on the road at times. Prices start at 300 baht inside Chiang Mai city. Up country pickups cost 500 baht + 7 baht per kilometre. Ring Joe 053251186 to check availability. Sundays not available. Other days depends on work load in his work shop (rental customers come first) so he may not always be able to respond immediately.

Could call and ask if he'll do a puncture repair on the spot

• Like 1

re .. Does anyone know someone that would call out and fix it at my apartment?

ask any thai to call this man ... hes usually around chiang puak gate area

but will probably come out to you : )

dave2

WOW...that's a great shop on wheels...it's even got a little stool to sit on...but what's with the reverse mirror on the sidecar ?...is this to "reflect" the police since there is no license plate ...laugh.png

Try buying a repair can for car tires , this puts some foam in the tire and should get you to the nearest repair shop. You can find the repair cans at tesco, Just be sure that all the air is out of the tire and don't put to much foam in it otherwise your tire will explode.

Good luck.

Hope you do not take offence at my reply....These repair cans only work on tubeless tyres. The majority of alloy wheels produced today for motorcycles do not use inner tubes, thus they do not suffer from "pinch punctures, which are caused by the inner tube pinching between the rim and against the tyre. These repair cans are totally ineffective on tubed tyre structures.

However before somebody jumps on my statement...some bike riders decide to include an inner tube on an alloy tubeless wheel for whatever reason they decide.

Hope that helps the OP to decide what he / she should do.

Edited by Raindancer