Sausage King And More New Products

SausageKing

Thanks Chiang mai--- many have never owned a business in Chiangmai or Thailand but its a headache at the best of times. In the food game or any game--- your staff will want to learn then copy then start in opposition --- the rules & regs change to suit the Thais & of course the opposition may put obstacles in your way. Bobs been in this game many many years and one has to take ones hat off to him to stay the distance in years he has done. He has a good name in CM & respected. I know one company in CM who makes small goods [ now in Thai hands ] used his factory to make then kicked out the other foreign investors once he got control of it & all the imported machinery was in place with them paying ---he still sells [ & you probably may buy this companies small goods] at the expense of these good foreign guys. No fault of theres---- this Thai changed the rules with Thai help of course & he owned the building solely. One of those who lost never gave up and started his own company thats doing exceptionally well today all over Thailand. One of the drawbacks doing any biz including the food biz is to expect the unexpected but with good management & I mean "one" good Thai on your side you can win--this is the hard part?????????----- immaterial of anything else.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pasty report.

Delicious contents - moist and scrumptious. Crust, however, not quite so good as my grandmother's, but she had a great hand with suet and lard - perhaps we ate better before we learned to eat better??

I warmed in oven, of course. Microwaves just wreck crusts, I think. But great for curries (except pies).

To those insisting upon spelling conventions - food tastes as good either way, methinks.

I warmed in oven, of course. Microwaves just wreck crusts, I think. But great for curries (except pies).

To those insisting upon spelling conventions - food tastes as good either way, methinks.

Microwave frozen pie for 5 minutes and put in toaster oven for just 2 mins to help the crust. Works every time just like the oven.

Again you move away from the question of pies. I never mentioned curries or their prices in comparison to yours In my original question, I asked about your pies and why you deem them better than others. I do not think your self promotion of having lived with an indian family qualifies you to be an expert on british pies. And yes I have tried your pies....once was enough. Size of 350 g is definitely not important, but quality certainly is!! But as you choose to mention or ask who is cheaper than your curries on the market...read my answer again.. I stated quite simply that there were better curries and Cheaper rice around. I never stated that there were CHEAPER curries. But maybe that needs to be looked at gramme for gramme and taste for taste sake.

Actually, he answered the question of the pies, by saying they're filled with "top quality meats and gravy with no msg". What more do you want?

The fact that he's still producing and selling pies, and running an obviously successful business which would be nowhere with bland or tasteless (or overpriced, for that matter) offerings, should tell you that a lot of people think they are better than others.

How do you possibly expect the man to answer why he feels his pies are better than others without any self-promotion? Methinks you have a bee in your bonnet for some inexplicable reason.

+1- I see this as either a trade based "attack" or a personal issue from an unhappy customer, if it's the former it has no place here and if it's the latter, you've said you peace now move on.

+1

Microwave frozen pie for 5 minutes and put in toaster oven for just 2 mins to help the crust. Works every time just like the oven.

You could microwave the pie wrapped in kitchen roll which absorbs the moisture and leaves a decent crust

• Like 2

Never heard of this before thanks for the tips

You could microwave the pie wrapped in kitchen roll which absorbs the moisture and leaves a decent crust

Most days we have hot fresh pies just out of the oven.Maybe we should have a pie day every Saturday,Pie of the week ?
  • Like 1

Fresh pies out of the oven, No 'Pasty tax'!

Never heard of this before thanks for the tips

Most days we have hot fresh pies just out of the oven.Maybe we should have a pie day every Saturday,Pie of the week ?

Is there a usual time?

12 o clock lunch time on Saturdays would work to have the fresh hot pie of the day form the oven.

Is there a usual time?

12 o clock lunch time on Saturdays would work to have the fresh hot pie of the day form the oven.

SK it seems to me that you work very hard, trying to ensure everyone gets what they want.

Where do you buy your stamina pills......I want some!

Is there a usual time?

SK it seems to me that you work very hard, trying to ensure everyone gets what they want.

Where do you buy your stamina pills......I want some!

I guess i am a busy guy,God knows what i would do with myself with out sk,I could take a guess tho ?

Just picked up a Bangers and Mash SK ready meal at Rimping this afternoon.

What a great easy meal. Great Sausages, a nice smooth Garlicy mash, and a really tasty gravy. Thats a winner there Rob!

Cheers

Thanks for that and glad you like the Bangers & mash microwave meals,Don"t forget we do fresh hot pie of the day every Friday & Saturday.Today fresh Cornish pasties on sale all day and 10% off for all Thai Visa members. Rob.

Map Sausage King (Google)

http://maps.google.c...F-8&sa=N&tab=wl

post-112062-0-84577100-1336189111_thumb.

post-112062-0-29987600-1336189151_thumb.

What a great easy meal. Great Sausages, a nice smooth Garlicy mash, and a really tasty gravy. Thats a winner there Rob!

Cheers

Thanks for that and glad you like the Bangers & mash microwave meals,Don"t forget we do fresh hot pie of the day every Friday & Saturday.Today fresh Cornish pasties on sale all day and 10% off for all Thai Visa members. Rob.

I have your pies at home and I have had your pies in a restaurant's.

Too bad some restaurant staff don't realise that the pie should be defrosted before heating!

Visited SK yesterday and met Rob and his lovely wife. We just had delicious smoked streaky bacon with poached eggs and I'll have the pastie for lunch. If only we had a decent freezer ... oh well, not far to SK or a Rimping store.

• Like 1

Visited SK yesterday and met Rob and his lovely wife. We just had delicious smoked streaky bacon with poached eggs and I'll have the pastie for lunch. If only we had a decent freezer ... oh well, not far to SK or a Rimping store.

Rob please make some more Pasties and send them down here to Pattaya - your chap here needs them smile.png

The service from SK is brilliant. I had a tiny hiccup with my order and while it was no biggie, SK insisted on replacing the order FOC. Have to compliment you on the pork sausages man and as you say, you do need to cook them longer than normal as they are packed pull of meat and don't rely on big lumps of fat inside the sausage to cook them like the normal toss on the market. Fair Play to you mate!

Cheers

Rob,sorry to carp...but...the pasty you show on your post is certainly NOT the pasty I bought at Rimping yesterday...mine was 8o% mushy potato...your pic shows a great deal more meat than I had...luck of the draw I guess....never mind your samosa's more then make up for this disapointment.

One important point however is that traditionaly a Cornish Pastie does not have carrots ..must be turnip.or swede..guess thats why you offer a PASTY and not a PASTIE....this is going to cause an argument on the forum !!

Edited by gennisis

Cheers

Rob,sorry to carp...but...the pasty you show on your post is certainly NOT the pasty I bought at Rimping yesterday...mine was 8o% mushy potato...your pic shows a great deal more meat than I had...luck of the draw I guess....never mind your samosa's more then make up for this disapointment.

One important point however is that traditionaly a Cornish Pastie does not have carrots ..must be turnip.or swede..guess thats why you offer a PASTY and not a PASTIE....this is going to cause an argument on the forum !!

IMHO, parsnip is even better if it can be sourced in CM, but the white radish/white carrot is a good substitute ... better than regular carrot. Anyway, the pastie was yummo ... :)

Cheers

IMHO, parsnip is even better if it can be sourced in CM, but the white radish/white carrot is a good substitute ... better than regular carrot. Anyway, the pastie was yummo ... smile.png

Hi all and thanks for the comments and all good.The pasties or pastys ? We sell our pasties much cheaper then the rest,However we will change the carrot for the white radish as a substitute for parsnips as hard to fine in Chiang Mai. The meat content is fair and we only charge 85baht and our pastries are made with real import butter.The meat loaf we do stock some frozen but like to make this fresh for our customers,Give me 1 day notice and we will make you a meat loaf you will never forget.If you buy direct we are even cheaper +10% extra off for anybody who comes to our workshop and lets us know you are a Thai visa member.Don't forget we make fresh hot pies on Fridays and Saturdays at the workshop yum yum.

http://www.sausage-king1.com/

post-112062-0-50247500-1336575913_thumb.

post-112062-0-94341200-1336576017_thumb.

post-112062-0-16688200-1336576131_thumb.

Edited by SausageKing

i bought the bangers and mash from SK workshop and they were very very nice and with the discount

very cheap. also i had there beef stew and it was lovely with boiled potatoes have to go back to stock

up on more

richard

i bought the bangers and mash from SK workshop and they were very very nice and with the discount

very cheap. also i had there beef stew and it was lovely with boiled potatoes have to go back to stock

up on more

richard

Thanks Richard and glad you liked the Bangers & Mash and Beef Stew. As you know we have a lot more products as the workshop then whats in Rimping,We have space limit in the freezer sections in Rimping Supermarkets.

Plenty of hot pies sold every weekend at our workshop.

http://www.sausage-king1.com/

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tok=AsZG6oO33GHFvEnWPrT5qg&pq=pork+pie&cp=10&gs_id=22&xhr=t&q=sausage+king+chiang+mai&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1024&bih=610&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

post-112062-0-68750100-1336742221_thumb.