They Got Me

pipo1000

I have a hotmail address which I don't use anymore for the past year or so since I registered a gmail address.

I haven't logged into the hotmail address for at least 1 month,but as of today it started to send spam emails to my complete address book including my new gmail address,that's the way I discovered it.

What can I do to stop it.I have registered versions of malwarebytes and Nod32 installed on my computer for ages.

Edited by pipo1000

There is a problem with Hotmail that MS sorted out today, but it enable others to get into your account and change your password. That means you can no longer access Hotmail.

If that is your problem I'm not sure of the solution but I am sure the hotmail page will tell you.

I can still access my account,but didn't use it any more since hotmail is a real pain in the arse all the time.I kept the account active because however I notified all my contacts of changing my account to gmail and there is a notification in big red letters in every email i send,after 1 year I still receive emails through hotmail which are automatically forwarded to my gmail account.I changed my password today and will see what happens.

I think you need to delete everyone from your contacts list on the hotmail account. Otherwise they will keep sending spam to them.

Good luck!

I think once they got in, they've got all the email address, right? But for sure good idea to remove all the addresses and close out that account.

I've had my account hacked before. Just changed the password to a really complex one and haven't had a problem since then. Internet cafes are the worst place to check email!!

• Like 1

I think you need to delete everyone from your contacts list on the hotmail account. Otherwise they will keep sending spam to them.

Good luck!

I think once they got in, they've got all the email address, right? But for sure good idea to remove all the addresses and close out that account.

I've had my account hacked before. Just changed the password to a really complex one and haven't had a problem since then. Internet cafes are the worst place to check email!!

That's correct.

Once they got in, they already have all the emails. But at least they won't be able to use the hotmail account to send this spam which should help the anti spam of the recipients figure out it's undesired mail.

Good luck!

Internet cafes are the worst place to check email!!

Never use the remember password option

Edited by FritsSikkink

Happened to me with yahoo mail about nine years ago. I believe my account was intercepted using a public internet place in Brazil.

They got into my account and deleted all my addresses, then those people got spam that was purportedly from me, so it got past their spam filters. Embarrassing along with all else.

Were you using IE?

Happend to me to but i did get a email from some friend and there was a link and it was from a friend so i clicked and i was f_ckd.All my contacts then get a mail from me,they thought with a link and so on.I just change password when i found out and told all my friends not to click on anything but to late,many did alreaday click so it still going around I think