Sms To Uk

doctormann

Hi

I'm having an annoying problem trying to send SMS text messages to UK. I'm on 1-2-Call pre-pay and my intended recipients are both on Orange pre-pay in the UK. When I try to text either of these people they never receive the message, despite the fact that my phone tells me that the message has been sent successfully. Strangely, if they send texts to me I can receive them OK. This is not a problem with country pre-fixes etc. as I can make normal phone calls, using the same numbers, with no bother.

Any thoughts on this one?

Cheers

DM

Hi

I'm having an annoying problem trying to send SMS text messages to UK.  I'm on 1-2-Call pre-pay and my intended recipients are both on Orange pre-pay in the UK.  When I try to text either of these people they never receive the message, despite the fact that my phone tells me that the message has been sent successfully.  Strangely, if they send texts to me I can receive them OK.  This is not a problem with country pre-fixes etc. as I can make normal phone calls, using the same numbers, with no bother.

Cheers

DM

look at www.ipipi.com and send them from computer.

Hi

I'm having an annoying problem trying to send SMS text messages to UK.  I'm on 1-2-Call pre-pay and my intended recipients are both on Orange pre-pay in the UK.  When I try to text either of these people they never receive the message, despite the fact that my phone tells me that the message has been sent successfully.  Strangely, if they send texts to me I can receive them OK.  This is not a problem with country pre-fixes etc. as I can make normal phone calls, using the same numbers, with no bother.

Cheers

DM

A couple of thoughts:-

What idd prefix are you using, if it's anything other than 001 (i.e. 002 - 009) SMS messages may not work, these cheaper rate systems do not appear to support SMS messaging.

Also, a number of European mobile providers are blocking SMS messages from Asia, I assume because they don't get a cut of the revenue. Had this problem from Malaysia to my UK mobile.

50% of my sms I send to foreign countries, and if I use 12call, they never fail to arrive.... no matter if to Europe or any other country in Asia..... I dont dial "001" though, I just use the internation "+" and then the country prefix, f.e. "+60" for malaysia....

sms to foreign countries sent from my DTAC-number somtimes dont arrive, those sent to Malaysia almost NEVER arrive.

Actually I dont like the AIS company and esp. not their owners, but when it comes to sms, they are the best option..... but very very expensive at 10 BT each SMS to foreign countries..... probably because sending an sms to a foreign country does not match with the THAI RAK THAI slogan :o

Hi

Cheers

DM

A couple of thoughts:-

What idd prefix are you using, if it's anything other than 001 (i.e. 002 - 009) SMS messages may not work, these cheaper rate systems do not appear to support SMS messaging.

Also, a number of European mobile providers are blocking SMS messages from Asia, I assume because they don't get a cut of the revenue. Had this problem from Malaysia to my UK mobile.

No, it's not an IDD prefix problem. I was aware that the cheap rate prefixes do not work for SMS so I use 001 for this purpose. More likely to be a blocking problem, as you suggest, so it will be interesting to see if the IPPI or ThaiVisa SMS options will work. I've just tried both options - no replies yet but it's still pretty early in UK so maybe later.

Thanks for the help

DM

Hi

Cheers

DM

In October i gave my g/f an NEC 338 which i brought from the UK,

i got it un-locked but unfortunatly it's all in eglit.

She is also with 1-2call but she can't txt to the UK,on her old crappy Nokia

there was no problem,also what's the story on picture messaging ditto ? :o