Document For Marriage Visa

Hi guys, I'm from Singapore coming over to Los in 2 months time to join my Thai wife for long term basis. I think this question has pop out several times. Just to double confirm what are the documents I need to bring during the apply for marriage visa. Is there any procedure I need to do? Pls advise. I don't end up like the other time for the extension of visit pass, I went to the wrong district for application and end up wasting time,energy and most importantly, $$$. I also need to convert my Singapore marriage cert to Thai version. Where should I go? Can someone provide me the full address? Thanks a lot!

Khor kun kup

No such thing as a Marriage Visa.

I think you are asking about a 12 month extension of stay.

Registering your Marriage in Thailand? Not sure but someone will know and post soon.

If you are talking about a 12 Month Extension from Immigration this is a basic list of what you need.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Registry entry.

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

Kelvin, you should go to the Thai consulate in Sing and get a Non Imm O visa, single entry. You then extend it in Thailand within 90 days of your arrival, at your local immigration office, providing the documents listed above plus Bt1,900.

You should be able to get the certified Thai translation of your marriage cert. in Sing before you come, the Thai consulate should be able to give you a contact there.

You then have to renew the visa extension at the office 12 months from your arrival and report to the office every 90 days.

The requirement is that the marriage be listed at District Office in Thailand so both translation and certification by Singapore Embassy in Bangkok and registration at MFA and finally at District Office is the routine. Not sure but Thai Embassy Singapore or Singapore Government may have a shortcut or provide rather than Embassy in Bangkok so check with them if nobody responds with a Singapore experience.

• 3 weeks later...