2 Killed, One Hurt In High-Speed Crash On Bangkok Tollway

webfact

"In the driver's seat of the Porsche, whose front section was wrecked..." clap2.gif

30180885-01_big.JPG

Well if you look under the foot of the rescue worker in blue, on the left, the front tyre is below his foot!

I know it is the front wheel, as the bonnet to the right has the air-filter attached..... you can see clearly!

So the car, from

front to back totally disintegrated, and the side curtain air-bags didn't much whilst the engine was slicing the driver in half. giggle.gif

As you can sense, I kind of didn't like this bloke... 55.

But staying with the post, the car with the front damage, in the pic, isn't exactly a Ford Fiesta, and is also a very powerful car. Where is the pic of the van?

mel.

What are you talking about? Engine air filter? Ventilation system air filter? Engine slicing in half? I can't see the engine anywhere in this photo. What have side air bags got to do with an ultra high speed frontal collision? It is pretty obvious it is the RHF wheel. I think you're imagining way too much.

It looks to me that the roof has been cut off by the Emergency Services in attendance. Same as all the comments regarding 280 KPH. Utter rubbish at this stage. Rev counter at 7,800? That motor won't do it.

Sorry? :o What did I write about the ventilation system or rev counter? Seems you are mis-quoting me, rather a lot.

The side air-bag firing was a laughing comment, as the guy was obviously not wearing a seat belt and had no chance of side air-bags helping him any way, thank God! :P

If you can't see any part of an engine in this pic then stop talking out of your ass and calling me out as a utter rubbish comment addition.

The components of the, what's left of it, are clearly visible, even if there are only half of them visible. Have you designed cars?

As for a Porsche not being able to do 7,800 revs...... your comment is idiotic...... A 911 can cycle at upto 9,000 rpm......

Porsche F1 cycle at 18,000 RPM........ and that technology is applied to production cars, but not to the same extent. Where do you think ABS came from, a Honda Civic? :P

grow up, and don't call my words rubbish!

-mel.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they wern't racing each other. The Porsche at 280kmh was doing this alone, so the Fortuner driver shouldn't be blamed

apply local custom - the fast lane is a runnaway strip for airplanes. you must face the facts and adjust for local conditions - theres no point in pretending there are laws here is there?

I wasn't applying any laws, if I had it my way I would take all slow drivers off the road. I'ld get to work in 20 minutes not 35 minutes on the Bangna-Chonburi expressway, so I truely know local customs, and would happily sit on 160kmh in the right conditions. But then I did start driving at 4 yrs old! But I am not in favour of letting planes land there!

"In the driver's seat of the Porsche, whose front section was wrecked..." clap2.gif

30180885-01_big.JPG

Well if you look under the foot of the rescue worker in blue, on the left, the front tyre is below his foot!

I know it is the front wheel, as the bonnet to the right has the air-filter attached..... you can see clearly!

So the car, from

front to back totally disintegrated, and the side curtain air-bags didn't much whilst the engine was slicing the driver in half. giggle.gif

But staying with the post, the car with the front damage, in the pic, isn't exactly a Ford Fiesta, and is also a very powerful car. Where is the pic of the van?

mel.

What are you talking about? Engine air filter? Ventilation system air filter? Engine slicing in half? I can't see the engine anywhere in this photo. What have side air bags got to do with an ultra high speed frontal collision? It is pretty obvious it is the RHF wheel. I think you're imagining way too much.

It looks to me that the roof has been cut off by the Emergency Services in attendance. Same as all the comments regarding 280 KPH. Utter rubbish at this stage. Rev counter at 7,800? That motor won't do it.

Sorry? ohmy.png What did I write about the ventilation system or rev counter? Seems you are mis-quoting me, rather a lot.

The side air-bag firing was a laughing comment, as the guy was obviously not wearing a seat belt and had no chance of side air-bags helping him any way, thank God! tongue.png

If you can't see any part of an engine in this pic then stop talking out of your ass and calling me out as a utter rubbish comment addition.

The components of the, what's left of it, are clearly visible, even if there are only half of them visible. Have you designed cars?

As for a Porsche not being able to do 7,800 revs...... your comment is idiotic...... A 911 can cycle at upto 9,000 rpm......

Porsche F1 cycle at 18,000 RPM........ and that technology is applied to production cars, but not to the same extent. Where do you think ABS came from, a Honda Civic? tongue.png

grow up, and don't call my words rubbish!

-mel.

Please re read my quote.

You mentioned the air filter and I was asking what you were referring to as these cars have more than on filter. Simple as that.

How do you know that he was not wearing a seat belt, considering the roof has been cut off at the window line of the A pillar?

I know I'm elderly, but I still can't see any sign of the engine? Please point it out for us all to see?

As for 'my idiotic comments', regarding the RPM limit of that particular engine all I can say is you are making your obvious ignorance of the subject quite pronounced.

Porsche F1 engine? I assume you're referring to the TAG/Porsche engine which has absolutely no relationship to any road going Porsche ever.

ABS did not come from Honda or Porsche, it was developed by Bosch in collaboration with Daimler Benz and first released in their S Class 1975 LHD/76 RHD.

I did not mention you commenting on the speedo or RPM counter. Again, please do re read my post

This time you really are talking total rubbish.

I'd love to see the fortuner pickup? that can do 280kph. Judging by the damage the porche was travelling significantly faster than the car it rear ended.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I drove Porsche since 1982 and some other fast cars I rented on special occasions, (Ferrari, Lamborghini). Its also illegal to drive in my home country Austria more than 130 km/h but I did mostly.

280?

I would presume, the Fortuner drove also fast 160-180? and he was changing the lane from left to right to overtake somebody.

At his higher speed he normaly must not look for a faster car coming behind him in the right lane, so he did maybe not look at all.

But there was the Porsche coming with his 280 km/h and the accident happened.

Not enough time to react properly for the Porsche driver.

I would not think, the Fortuner driver saw the Porsche coming and changed lanes than, in a suicide move!

The number plat is kar kor 911. So I guess the car model is the aged 198x Porsche 911.

911 has top speed of 150 mph or 242 km/h (Wiki).

280 km/h is not possible.

You can say what exactly typo and year of Porsche it is from the number plate, because it reads 911?

Please stop that Non sens!

In my home country Austria, (Porsche started there his car business), 911 is until today everything called,

what looks like a 911 and when its a Model 2012!

315 km/h on the Autobahn? Really! Your driving prowess amazes me. Less impressed with your cerebral powers. There's only one place for 315 km/h and it's a professional race circuit, and not a public highway, albeit one without a legal speed limit. Incidentally the "design speed" for the Autobahn is 160 km/h!

I would not be so harsh, actually its difficult to drive on a race circuit over 300 km/h with a number plated road car. The straights are to short, seldom more than a km. Not enough!

NARDO in Southern Italy is a circuit same a "O" there it can be done, its, 12 km around that "O" but who drives there, so far away!

When you are patient you can do on a German Autobahn legally the over 300 and I did so with a Motorbike.

With a car only 290, seldom.

Wait until nearly no traffic in front of you for two Kilometers and than, GO!

And when you reach the next traffic slow down. If not something same that thread is about, can happen!

I presume, the Fortuner did not look or realize that there is a crazy guy coming so fast in Thailand and changed lane in front of the Porsche. Kabumm!

But if you are a responsible driver you can avoid such horrible accidents.

Do not pass other cars so fast, special in countries who are not so used to high speed same in Germany!

Even there accidents happen in that way!

I am just waiting for one of the "You can always leave brigade" to come in.

I have just done a 20 min after dark journey on my motorbike and was overtaken by no less than 8 motorbikes without rear lights some at high speed with no idea that they have an indicator to indicate turning or changing lanes.............but (sigh) i suppose i can always leave !

I live in Lak-si, and have seen and experienced this Porsche asshol_e up by backside many a time, as I also know the reg plate, which is incidentally 911. He drives, drove now - past tense, like a maniac and I did say to my wife only 2 weeks ago he'll kill or get killed. Seems he's achieved both. I have no sympathy at all for the rich arrogant fecker, and am I glad I nearly ran him off the road last week when he tried to cut me up, but I also accelerated like hell in sports mode after he was flashing and flashing, I was also speeding at 140 in heavy traffic, and he ended up with nowhere to go when he tried to cut off to the third lane. He came back up my ass, flashing again, and I slammed my brakes on - ready to hit the bastar... d.

If you can't drive with respect, no matter whether you have a Porsche, a Ferrari or a Lada, then up yours. He got what he deserved! Death!

My words were correct, and he got, in sincerity, what he deserved, as he could and probably has killed before, but got off scott free for a small buy out!

I AM saddened that he took others with him...... that is not deserved. Putting a Thai into a Porsche is like putting a 4 year old into the cockpit to land a 747!

-mel.

Incredible Mel that you have seen the guy before eh!, by all accounts he was an accident waiting to happen , but as you rightly say its a shame about the innocents involved .

Why do Thai drivers just sit in the fast lane and refuse to move over ? My own partner, quite an intelligent person , is normally a very good careful driver, but she will insist in staying in the fast lane. There's a row every time she drives on a long run. I cannot get her to understand why she should move over. I am told, this Thailand not Australia ! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

both vehicles had been travelling at high speed.

Two less idiots to worry about on the roads.

Farangtalk. Why do you say the two drivers killed were idiots? Were you a witness to this crash? I could be wrong, but it looks to me going by what I've read, one of the drivers may have been innocent, depending of course how fast he was travelling.

The way i see it is, the first (pick up) who was going quite fast, just pulled out to overtake the third car without using his mirror (normal) and the Porsche was going too fast intending to overtake both slower cars so unable to avoid the pickup....................Yep both driving like idiots !

30180885-01_big.JPG

So the car, from front to back totally disintegrated, and the side curtain air-bags didn't much whilst the engine was slicing the driver in half. giggle.gif

mel.

Sniggering and clapping sick man

Na! Just somebody who's lived here longer than you have, obviously. Sports car rich kid freaks, who get given corrupt money from mummy and daddy, should know better. Why? Cos it's impossible for them to do so!! Daddies don't drive like freaks, as they all have a black Volkswagon Van to run them about; but to show of prowess they buy their kids toys. Unfortunately, cars are not toys but killing machines in the wrong hands, and considering these kids have been driving at 200Km/h plus, on their i-pods for years........ well..... I have nothing further to add.

As for sniggering, I have a right. As for clapping I have a right.

If you don't like it then report my post as abusive!

-mel.

Well, its obvious that Mel has had a rather frightening driving experience with this 911 driver. Sorry for you Mel, i can imagine your feelings.

• Like 1

~ snip

Porsche F1 cycle at 18,000 RPM........ and that technology is applied to production cars, but not to the same extent. Where do you think ABS came from, a Honda Civic? tongue.png

~snip~

Got to take u up on this one. Porsche F1?

For previous poster saying the car would explode at 7000rpm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search/Porsche_911_GT3_4.0_(2012_997)

For yourself: http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2005/7/3327.html

Porsche supplied the McClaren engine.... ( However, my comment was about rpm, and that F1 cars can go to 18,000; and a Porche 911 can go way above 7,000.... ;) )

-mel

As a modern Porsche owner, it is no way possible for the speedo to Jam at a certain speed seeing its a digital dash.

Yes it has a needle but it doesn't work like the old analog needles and would reset once the power cut or wheel speed declined.

This video, http://news.mthai.com/general-news/163537.html, shows the speedo and tach pegged. Possibly, something was pressed firmly against the gauge panel before they could reset!

Why do Thai drivers just sit in the fast lane and refuse to move over ? My own partner, quite an intelligent person , is normally a very good careful driver, but she will insist in staying in the fast lane. There's a row every time she drives on a long run. I cannot get her to understand why she should move over. I am told, this Thailand not Australia ! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

They are like naughty, arrogant children that think they know it all, when in actuality they know nothing.

The Thai Highway Code (for what it's worth) states drivers should remain in the left lane unless overtaking.

It is legal to undertake on the left hand side in Thailand, if conditions permit, not so in the UK or Australia I believe.

~ snip

~snip~

http://en.wikipedia....3_4.0_(2012_997)

For yourself: http://www.formula1....005/7/3327.html

Porsche supplied the McClaren engine.... ( However, my comment was about rpm, and that F1 cars can go to 18,000; and a Porche 911 can go way above 7,000.... wink.png )

-mel

Why don't you post the correct model to verify your claim Mel? The GT3 is an entirely different motor altogether from the crashed car. I have owned two of them.

The crashed car is a GT2 2002 - 2004 model.

Edited by Woodsie888

The Thai Highway Code (for what it's worth) states drivers should remain in the left lane unless overtaking.

This is strictly enforced with motorcycle drivers. Following helmets, and uncovered pick up beds, it's probably the BIB's biggest revenue streams.

Edited by Curt1591

~ snip

~snip~

Porsche supplied the McClaren engine.... ( However, my comment was about rpm, and that F1 cars can go to 18,000; and a Porche 911 can go way above 7,000.... wink.png )

-mel

My own AE86 4age does a sweet 11,000rpm, so I know you are informing them correctly of there are many Porsche engines capable of exceeding 7,000rpm. But, I was questioning what Porsche engine you were referringing to, simply that, as Porsche have not had an engine in F1 since I started watching religiously in '98. There maybe, but I can not recall it...

• Like 1

Before we can pass judgment on why your partner chooses to hog the right lane, two questions need to be asked;

1) Is she hi-so Thai-Chinese? and

2) Is her car a Benz or a Beemer?

If the answer is No to any of the above, then she is simply just a bad driver.

Contrary to your comments, I find pickup, van drivers and common Toyota, Honda and all to be worse than Benz and Beemer drivers, The later are normally trying to find a way past like I am. In Thailand now you can offend find the far left hand lane on expressways and large inter province carriagways completely empty while the right hand lane is bumper to bumper..... one comment......... BUFFALOS

• Like 2

Two people died in a highway car crash.

It's very sad

But it happens all the time everywhere in the wold.

But we are in Thailand.

One of the vehicule is a Porsche, the other one is a Fortuner, and both drivers seem to be hi-so, indeed a wonderful opportunity for all the people who date a bargirl and drive a Honda Wave to express their frustration.

coffee1.gif

Edited by JurgenG
  • Like 2

30180885-01_big.JPG

So the car, from front to back totally disintegrated, and the side curtain air-bags didn't much whilst the engine was slicing the driver in half. giggle.gif

mel.

Sniggering and clapping sick man

Na! Just somebody who's lived here longer than you have, obviously. Sports car rich kid freaks, who get given corrupt money from mummy and daddy, should know better. Why? Cos it's impossible for them to do so!! Daddies don't drive like freaks, as they all have a black Volkswagon Van to run them about; but to show of prowess they buy their kids toys. Unfortunately, cars are not toys but killing machines in the wrong hands, and considering these kids have been driving at 200Km/h plus, on their i-pods for years........ well..... I have nothing further to add.

As for sniggering, I have a right. As for clapping I have a right.

If you don't like it then report my post as abusive!

-mel.

Well, its obvious that Mel has had a rather frightening driving experience with this 911 driver. Sorry for you Mel, i can imagine your feelings.

The driver of the Porsche was 54 years old, hardly a rich kid!

I saw the video, posted in 'socilacam'. To the lest one could see the porsche speeding by the camera. There was certainly no fortuner near it; the porsche was along. The camera panned to the right and the accident had already occurred. I couldn't make out the fortuner clearly but the porsche was a right-off. At 280km/h no car in front would have a chance, as at night time it would have been impossible to judge the speed/distance of this car behind when glancing in your mirror to change lanes. Also there seemed to be large number of cars on the rod at this time. If the porsche drive always drove like that, he's lucky to have lived to be over 50.

• Like 1

~ snip

~snip~

-mel

Why don't you post the correct model to verify your claim Mel? The GT3 is an entirely different motor altogether from the crashed car. I have owned two of them.

The crashed car is a GT2 2002 - 2004 model.

Sorry! blink.png So Sorry...... I couldn't make out the model from what was left, just as you couldn't even see an engine component. I bet you could also identify the make of the <Snip!> seat he was cut out of?? giggle.gif

-mel.

Edited by metisdead

Probably not a politically correct statement but it just goes to show, even the upper class are not immune to the Thai driving mentality! RIP if you can find any.

I can honestly say that everytime one of these accidents happen it means there is one less bad driver on the road. In front of my village too include a 20kilm before my village is one of the deadliest placeses to drive. I call it Death Vally Road. In fact our village had a monk party out front because we have deaths on a regular basis...by road hogs and Thai's who think they are invensable.

For me I hope these guys don't rest in peace and I hope that they burn in hell. The people who drive like this have a personality defict and I am happy to see them go. In more cases then not, I would guess most of them have been involved in some kind of hit and run or some type of curruption . So I wouldn't say RIP to any of those but whips too also includ the two jerk offs from the UK in my village that think it's ok to drop their gas peddle to speeds up to 80klm in a single soi road with children, these guys seriously think that they can kill and chlid an pay a parent off....I have had to fight with them, and even after one came on my property thinking he was going to show me by kicking my ass found out just how passionate I am about him slowing down..after I knocked him out.. I'm for the innocent that are cought in the middle, expecially the children that are so often hurt by some jerk off who feels the need to speed down single lane soi's in and out of villages.

When I call someone a speeder I am not talking about the guy who gets in a hurry once in awhile I talking about the jerks who feel invensiable behind the wheel of a car.

• Like 1

... we read daily about this simply incredibile stupidity ... at some point, does it make sense to ask: "Are Thais capable of learning?"

... what is it? ... something in the DNA? ... how they are educated? ... their socialization? ... what?

... I just don't get it.

Edited by swillowbee