Divorce To A Thai

Jake829

Our marriage was registered in Bangkok years ago, do you have to go back to the same Bangkok Amphur office where it was registered. Or is the local one ok?

Again from experience married Samui divorced Banglamung. No witness just me and her, asked are you happy with arrangement yes, she asked same, photo copy and small fee out in ten minutes. 0 baht settlement, i let her keep the house she paid for but aquired after we married. i had a weak solicitor i wanted half. Alos week advior should i say working for team of solicitors avised i accept divorce, helps more with visa's if married and stops others wanting to go down same route.

Edited by marstons

Sorry guys if I could clarify, my wife left me and my son on the grounds of her being unable to raise our son as she is not that motherly and couldn't cope with having our son as it got in the way of her Lao khao drinking and then sleeping it off in the hammock and letting my young boy get in to mischief, she has the house and truck which I'm happy to leave her and as I said I've taken the rest of my money out of Thailand so she's had a good ride on the ol farang gravy train, but she just won't come down the amphur to sign a simple piece of paper, I'm going back to the uk with my son next week so maybe I'll see an English lawyer to send and submit the papers on her.

You will need permisison from the mother to take the child out of the country. Sometimes they do check for this, especially if the child has another last name then yours.

Only when you have sole custody can you take the child out of the coutnry without the mothers permission. Do try to have the mother agree to the divorce at the amhur and have her in the divorce agreement state that she hands you full parental rights.

If you leave it, it can become a parental kidnapping case.

You will need permisison from the mother to take the child out of the country. Sometimes they do check for this, especially if the child has another last name then yours.

Only when you have sole custody can you take the child out of the coutnry without the mothers permission. Do try to have the mother agree to the divorce at the amhur and have her in the divorce agreement state that she hands you full parental rights.

If you leave it, it can become a parental kidnapping case.

In Thailand you can't kidnap your own child (assuming parents were married at the amphur office and not divorced).

Thailand is party to the treaty on parental kidnapping and as said, nowadays immigration sometimes check for permisison.

Thailand signed to agree to return children kidnapped in a foreign country and abducted to Thailand.

Taking your own children in Thailand is not a crime in Thailand, therefore the treaty does not apply.

You got the wrong end of the stick my friend, my son has lived longer in England than he had in Thailand and has British citizenship which is why I was granted ward of court from the royal courts of justice in London or she faced having the house seized and imprisonment for kidnapp and taking him without my consent back to Thailand as a bargain chip which back fired on her big time, she obviously loved the house and truck I paid for more than our son hence which is why I have sole custody and also she can't step foot in England as fear of kidnapp charges

• Like 1

Good to hear you had the custody settled, but you didn't settle it in Thailand and that could make all the difference.

A check is rare, but does happen. If the child doesn't have your last name, take the birth certificate with you t show ou are the father. (Checks are in place to protect children against trafficking, a child traveling with an adult with a different last name currently can expected to be checked).

Thailand is party to the treaty on parental kidnapping and as said, nowadays immigration sometimes check for permisison.

Thailand signed to agree to return children kidnapped in a foreign country and abducted to Thailand.

Taking your own children in Thailand is not a crime in Thailand, therefore the treaty does not apply.

That is what I also thought, but looking at the treaty I could not find a reservation regarding Thai nationals.

And I do notice that Thailand starts to question people travelling alone with one or more children.

I hope you cna provide me with a link to a site that limits Thailands comittment to nationals of other countries, as currently I fail to see a reservation by Thailand. But do agree that the practise is that Thailand will not return a Thai child kidnapped to Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There,

Reading one of these forums yesterday a chap was looking for an Australian Family Law Lawyer ,I can help with a contact soon to be living in Khon Kean. I have trolled these forums again but dont see his post so if anyone has seen the post contact me **** by PM ****

Edited by Mario2008
email remove to avaoid spam of the address

Go ask a lawyer. He could give you reasons for divorce. A good one is wife stopped having sex with the husband. This is one of the best, the Thai women donot want their sex life talked about in a court room.And the lawyers will get right into their sexlife,they arenot shy or diplomatic here.If you get a lawyer and go the no sex route I feel it willnot even make to court you will have your divorce signed at the amphur,with maybe her lawyer there to make sure it happens and there is no court. If you donot go to a lawyer and she does them you are in a poor position.Always be first to apply for the divorce on your terms.If she counters hers maybe rejected as vengeful, and often is.

A wife not having sex with a husband is not grounds for divorce in Thailand or any other country that I know of.

Thats not what my lawyer tells me.It is grounds for divorce in Thailand ask any lawyer.Research before you type next time ok.Please.

Also in Western counries can be grounds for divorce

Go ask a lawyer. He could give you reasons for divorce. A good one is wife stopped having sex with the husband. This is one of the best, the Thai women donot want their sex life talked about in a court room.And the lawyers will get right into their sexlife,they arenot shy or diplomatic here.If you get a lawyer and go the no sex route I feel it willnot even make to court you will have your divorce signed at the amphur,with maybe her lawyer there to make sure it happens and there is no court. If you donot go to a lawyer and she does them you are in a poor position.Always be first to apply for the divorce on your terms.If she counters hers maybe rejected as vengeful, and often is.

A wife not having sex with a husband is not grounds for divorce in Thailand or any other country that I know of.

Thats not what my lawyer tells me.It is grounds for divorce in Thailand ask any lawyer.Research before you type next time ok.Please.

Also in Western counries can be grounds for divorce