Keeway Rkv 200 - Any Good?

Keeway bikes are being manufacturing in Brazil, on the same factory of Benneli bikes. Just started 7 months ago.

I have not yet seen them in Brazil, it seems they are exported to other South American countries.

In Brazil it's 99% Honda/Yamaha market.

The Quality requirements for bikes in Brazil is as high as in Europe, specially because of the horrible quality and very long roads! :D

Altho Keeway bikes are becoming popular in South America, specially Chile and Argentina.

The 600cc inline four looks amazing. I wish they had that one in Thailand, to give some competition here for the 500+ market...

Sources:

http://www.motoadventure.com.br/motoadventure/ctBenelli_e_Keeway_no_Brasil.do

http://www.bestriders.com.br/bramont-entra-para-mercado-duas-rodas-com-motos-keeway/

http://www.pequenasnotaveis.com.br/area-de-debate-7/keeway-chegando-no-brasil-43964/

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeway bikes are being manufacturing in Brazil, on the same factory of Benneli bikes. Just started 7 months ago.

I have not yet seen them in Brazil, it seems they are exported to other South American countries.

In Brazil it's 99% Honda/Yamaha market.

The Quality requirements for bikes in Brazil is as high as in Europe, specially because of the horrible quality and very long roads! biggrin.png

Altho Keeway bikes are becoming popular in South America, specially Chile and Argentina.

The 600cc inline four looks amazing. I wish they had that one in Thailand, to give some competition here for the 500+ market...

Sources:

http://www.motoadventure.com.br/motoadventure/ctBenelli_e_Keeway_no_Brasil.do

http://www.bestriders.com.br/bramont-entra-para-mercado-duas-rodas-com-motos-keeway/

http://www.pequenasnotaveis.com.br/area-de-debate-7/keeway-chegando-no-brasil-43964/

actually they have one available in thailand, there is a thread running here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/639066-benelli-keeway-generic-600-rk6bn600/

and here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/601716-benelli-tnt-600-inline-four/

Yesterday I stopped by a Keeway dealer in Ramkhamhaeng, just a 100 meters before Lam Sali intersection.

All the three 200cc bikes final price is 63,000 baht with the tax.

I was told that the Dorado 250 is 93,000 baht with tax.

They did not have the Dorado250 for show, if I wanted to buy, I would have to pay in advance 40,000 baht.

Looking to buy one soon, I want the 250cc Vtwin power for traveling in Thailand and Malaysia... just need to get my damn Thai driving license soon.

If you buy the Dorado don't forget to open a thread and give some reports about it please. We have some owners of the Lifan Cruiser 250 with mostly positive reports so far. But we are missing owner reports about the Keeway Dorado 250 smile.png

Edited by wantan
  • Like 1

I have had the Keeway TXM200 for a couple of months now. Price was 62K. The TXM is the supermoto-style version of the Keeway 200. It shares many parts with the RKV 200, including the engine. The quality seems to be quite good. Nothing looks cheap or junky. It does NOT like to go over 100 kph. The handling and stability are very nice. Takes the bumps far better than the usual noodle-bike types, although I do occasionally hear a clunk noise in the front suspension. The seat is the most comfortable one I've had in recent memory. All I've done to it in 1300km are an oil change, valve-adjusment, and a spark-plug upgrade. Valve adjustment was incredibly easy because once the fuel tank and the valve cover are removed, there is nothing in the way of the adjustment procedure. Everything is right out in the open. Mine came with no owners manual at all. Dealer didn't care at all that my manual and some of the tools were missing. Did not offer to find or order any replacements. Purchased at Mod Daeng Motors. This dealer is not recommended. No after-sale support is provided, whatsoever. The 1000 km checkup was nothing more than an oil change. Nothing else was checked or adjusted.

The bike is just fine. Dealer sucks.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

After riding my new RKV200 since one week, I am more or less agree with the OP. Sorry but considering it's my first bike, don't expect detailed feedback..

What "bother" me a little bit right now is that I find the front brake quiet soft. As OP said : it needs a good squeze. The rear brake looks very powerfull in comparaison..

The head light need to be adjusted, I will try to do it tomorrow.

The delearship advice me to use Gazohol 95, do you think it is the best for this bike ?

I think I will change oil at 300km

Edited by DrAzTiK

I visited a regular SYM and Keeway showroom in Bangkok on Saturday. They have the following bikes:

• Keeway TXM200 61,900 Baht
  • Keeway RKV200 59,900 Baht
  • M-Bike Enduro 49,000 Baht
Prices are inclusive basic insurance, Greenbook, Plates, a helmet and a jacket if paying cash. They also had the Keeway Cruisers "Superlight200" and "Dorado" there, but i didn't asked about the prices.

I made a short test drive around the corners with the RKV200. Now i know why Familyonthemove has described it as "it feels like a diesel". The bike has a nice low end torque. But it doesn't feel very lively. This may be caused by the small, cheap looking carb. If the engine ever brakes down this sure will not be caused by too many "power explosions". The sound is great for such small bike. It sounds like having an aftermarket exhaust.

After comparing TXM200, RKV200 and M-Bike Enduro in my opinion the RKV200 is the best value for money Keeway offers at the moment. It has a nice look, nice features like gear indicator and adjustable brake lever. The overall finish is OK for this price in my opinion, but of course we will have to wait a while if this will be given proof over the time. So the only reason why i hasitate buying this bike is the lack of power/highspeed for touring. It would be a nice city bike but it has no rack on the back to fit a top box for shopping. But maybe its possible to use the mounting points for the pillion handgrips to install some "self made" rack.

Wantan. Can you compare the engine performance to the Tiger 250?

Faster. Slower. More torque etc.thanks.

Also those wanting more top end are you running out of power or do you think a sprocket gear change would help?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I visited a regular SYM and Keeway showroom in Bangkok on Saturday. They have the following bikes:

Prices are inclusive basic insurance, Greenbook, Plates, a helmet and a jacket if paying cash. They also had the Keeway Cruisers "Superlight200" and "Dorado" there, but i didn't asked about the prices.

I made a short test drive around the corners with the RKV200. Now i know why Familyonthemove has described it as "it feels like a diesel". The bike has a nice low end torque. But it doesn't feel very lively. This may be caused by the small, cheap looking carb. If the engine ever brakes down this sure will not be caused by too many "power explosions". The sound is great for such small bike. It sounds like having an aftermarket exhaust.

After comparing TXM200, RKV200 and M-Bike Enduro in my opinion the RKV200 is the best value for money Keeway offers at the moment. It has a nice look, nice features like gear indicator and adjustable brake lever. The overall finish is OK for this price in my opinion, but of course we will have to wait a while if this will be given proof over the time. So the only reason why i hasitate buying this bike is the lack of power/highspeed for touring. It would be a nice city bike but it has no rack on the back to fit a top box for shopping. But maybe its possible to use the mounting points for the pillion handgrips to install some "self made" rack.

Also those wanting more top end are you running out of power or do you think a sprocket gear change would help?

From what i remember the Tiger Boxer 250 felt much more agile. I guess even a Boxer 200 will have more power than the RKV200. This was the main reason why i haven't bought the RKV. But i just made a short test ride on small sois in central Bangkok and wasn't able to get near high speed. But from what i felt i doubt the RKV will be much faster than 100-110kmh.

I guess you will have to tune the engine to get more power. But doing so is not my cup of tea. For sure you risk a lot more wear and maybe breakdowns. The RKV is a nice bike for the city and touring at lower speed. Its not a race bike for sure. But the engine may last forever. And thats fine too smile.png

After riding my new RKV200 since one week, I am more or less agree with the OP.  Sorry but considering it's my first bike, don't expect detailed feedback..

What "bother" me a little bit right now  is that I find the front brake quiet soft. As OP said : it needs a good squeze. The rear brake looks very powerfull in comparaison..

The head light need to be adjusted, I will try to do it tomorrow.

The delearship advice me to use Gazohol 95, do you think it is the best for this bike ?

I think I will change oil at 300km

I highly doubt some Chinese bike requires 95 octane fuel, it ain't high performance engine. For best recommendation consult MOM (motorcycle owner's manual).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The technical manual for the Keeway RKV200 advice to use RON 93, now we have no RON 93 in Thailand and the air pressure and density is probably not the same as in most countries so you could use RON 91 or RON 95 safely with your Keeway RKV200. The Keeway RKV200 uses a low compression 197cc engine (compression ratio 8.3:1) and therefore I personally would advice you test RON 91 fuel first... (RON 95 fuel is often only recommended for engines with compression ratios of 9.5:1 and higher).

• Like 1

Good informative post Richard, for 8.7 to 1 I would personally use 91, my bikes manual calls for 91 and it's 9.0:1 engine, my Suzuki ATV in Canada calls for 91 and it's 10.5:1 engine. 8.7:1 on keeway will run just fine on 91.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

From what i remember the Tiger Boxer 250 felt much more agile. I guess even a Boxer 200 will have more power than the RKV200. This was the main reason why i haven't bought the RKV. But i just made a short test ride on small sois in central Bangkok and wasn't able to get near high speed. But from what i felt i doubt the RKV will be much faster than 100-110kmh.

I guess you will have to tune the engine to get more power. But doing so is not my cup of tea. For sure you risk a lot more wear and maybe breakdowns. The RKV is a nice bike for the city and touring at lower speed. Its not a race bike for sure. But the engine may last forever. And thats fine too smile.png

Wow that seems Godawfully slow for any bike My 1969 Yamalube 80 would do 68 mph which was probably a tad more than the Keeway offers.

Talk about reverse technology . I guess for a few baht more they could offer an engine that can go 120 without exploding.

Wow that seems Godawfully slow for any bike My 1969 Yamalube 80 would do 68 mph which was probably a tad more than the Keeway offers.

Talk about reverse technology . I guess for a few baht more they could offer an engine that can go 120 without exploding.

I never heard of an exploding Keeway engine. What are you talking about?

Maybe we should ask an owner of the RKV200: How fast is it? How fast on the speedometer and (if tested) how fast on GPS device?

IIRR the D-Tracker/KLX250 without derestricting is not much faster than 110kmh too, or am i wrong.

Looking at http://www.keewaymotor.com there is the "RKV200" with 9.5 KW @ 7,500 rpm and 13.5 Nm @ 6,500 rpm.
post-129800-0-34928400-1371480878_thumb.

And there is a "RKV200S" with 12.0 KW @ 9,000 rpm and 14.5 Nm @ 6,000 rpm.
post-129800-0-85740700-1371480896_thumb.

And there is a "RKV200S Factory" with the same specs as the RKV200S

But one year ago M-Bike sold a RKV200 with 8.2 KW @ 9,000 rpm and 9.2 Nm @ 7,500 rpm clap2.gif

post-129800-0-85702400-1335798410_thumb.

First we need a dyno it seems thumbsup.gif

Edited by wantan

Looks like the S has the larger Carb. If Keeway did an upgrade kit that was jetted correctly it would be an interesting addition. I for one would not like to add a Thai mechanics mash up. Maybe an email to that Keeway company asking what the difference is between the standard and the S.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

As you can expect the only real difference between the Keeway RKV200 and the RKV200S is the breathing and the exhaust. The RKV200S has a larger carburetor and a more easier flow exhaust system, the “S” also has a larger oil-cooler (not really have the idea that this is needed).

Also two pictures, the RED is the Keeway RKV200 as sold in Thailand, and the Black is the RKV200S (the different exhaust pipe is very easy to see).

post-12170-0-82431200-1371524113_thumb.j

post-12170-0-34386500-1371524125_thumb.j

• Like 1

As you can expect the only real difference between the Keeway RKV200 and the RKV200S is the breathing and the exhaust. The RKV200S has a larger carburetor and a more easier flow exhaust system, the “S” also has a larger oil-cooler (not really have the idea that this is needed).

Also two pictures, the RED is the Keeway RKV200 as sold in Thailand, and the Black is the RKV200S (the different exhaust pipe is very easy to see).

Well according to the keeway website the black one is the factory.

That is true, but the Thai version is more like the RKV200S, as it has an oil-cooler, which the RKV200 doesn t have. Anyway the RKV200S Factory is what you get if you should now order a Keeway RKV200S from the Chinese factory.

That is true, but the Thai version is more like the RKV200S, as it has an oil-cooler, which the RKV200 doesn t have. Anyway the RKV200S Factory is what you get if you should now order a Keeway RKV200S from the Chinese factory.

Is the Rkv200s available in Thailand?

These are the engine specs according to keewaymotor.com. Seems like two different engines. So no easy upgrade to the S version possible i guess.

Engine RKV200
Engine type: Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, OHV, single cylinder, 2-valve
Displacement: 197.0 cc
Bore x stroke: 63.5 mm x 62.2 mm
Compression ratio: 8.3 : 1
Maximum power: 9.5 KW @ 7,500 rpm
Maximum torque: 13.5 Nm @ 6,500 rpm
Lubrication system: Pressure splash lubrication
Fuel system: Carburetor
Clutch type: Wet, multiple-plate
Ignition system: C.D.I
Starter system: Electric and kick

Engine Engine RKV200S
Engine type: Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, single cylinder, 4-valve
Displacement: 199.7 cc
Bore x stroke: 68.0 mm x 55.0 mm
Compression ratio: 9.5 : 1
Maximum power: 12.0 KW @ 9,000 rpm
Maximum torque: 14.5 Nm @ 6,000 rpm
Lubrication system: Pressure splash lubrication
Fuel system: Carburetor
Clutch type: Wet, multiple-plate
Ignition system: TLI
Starter system: Electric

IMO in Thailand the normal RKV200 version is sold. It has a small oil cooler sitting on the left side. The S version has a (bigger?) oil cooler sitting in the front/middle of the engine. I guess M-Bike has wrong specs on their website, but who knows?

smile.png

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Down here in south america (Venezuela) keeway controls the motorcycle market as i would roughly say that out of a 100 bike on the street 99 is a keeway due to economics n availability. Keeway variety here is crap. Right now there's only the new owen150 (if you can find one in a dealer), horse II 150, arsenII 150, the new speed200, tx200 (hard to find), the rkv200, the outlook 150. the 250's are no longer available unless second hand. I don't know if the names would be different in other countries. The rk6 supposedly coming out this year but i fear for the price tag. To what i been told it's already in the country assembled n all butt they waiting for price to hike up before.

The quality is good for the motorcycle price range. Of course due to our ever declining economy I paid 28000 bsf for the rkv200 which is equivalent to 4444 us dollars. The rkv is the better looking of all available keeway bikes here. My first was a speed 200. Great bike for city once u get to highway not so fun anymore due to it's limited engine size. The tire size is the real let down. This brings me back to quality.... I'm sure everything was good til it hit the dealership where they assemble them. It felt real underpowered until i had a friend pop open the carb where we discovered that it wasn't set right. Now it's as it should be. The mechanics that put them together here are paid per bike assembled so they just throw everything together as fast as they can.

Sorry i drifted off.

The rkv as I've said before i think it's the best looking keeway low end. I've had it for almost 4 weeks only. It seems it has more low torque than my speed. On top I've only been able to run it up to 108 km/hr with the engine screaming to me to ease off. The speed i was able to top it at 118 km/hr. maybe bad assembly n needs to be checked over too? Finding neutral is a pain seem to be the general consensus. But in my case it goes father. When i do find neutral (neutral light on n all) n i let out the clutch it stalls 90% of the time. It seems to be between neutral n a gear. My mechanic is on vacation. I haven't taken it back to the dealer cause i don't want their mechanic to touch my bike anymore. I had a real bad experience with him with my speed 200 where i suspect it was him who put water into the engine oil. Oh n lastly.... The left peg for the pillion is bent outwards. Hard to explain I'll see if i can post pics of it today.

Wait.... The tires. As all chinese bikes come with crap tires that needs to be changed as soon as possible down here at least. The stocks are real horrible. In dry when it's hot it's alright but on cool days/night grip declines. In wet it's real bad. The owner of this thread says different... Maybe different model tires here compared to Thai? I'm gonna order some sport demons soon. We're in rain season now n the spill i took on my speed earlier this year is enough for me lol

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Down here in south america (Venezuela) keeway controls the motorcycle market as i would roughly say that out of a 100 bike on the street 99 is a keeway due to economics n availability. Keeway variety here is crap. Right now there's only the new owen150 (if you can find one in a dealer), horse II 150, arsenII 150, the new speed200, tx200 (hard to find), the rkv200, the outlook 150. the 250's are no longer available unless second hand. I don't know if the names would be different in other countries. The rk6 supposedly coming out this year but i fear for the price tag. To what i been told it's already in the country assembled n all butt they waiting for price to hike up before.

The quality is good for the motorcycle price range. Of course due to our ever declining economy I paid 28000 bsf for the rkv200 which is equivalent to 4444 us dollars. The rkv is the better looking of all available keeway bikes here. My first was a speed 200. Great bike for city once u get to highway not so fun anymore due to it's limited engine size. The tire size is the real let down. This brings me back to quality.... I'm sure everything was good til it hit the dealership where they assemble them. It felt real underpowered until i had a friend pop open the carb where we discovered that it wasn't set right. Now it's as it should be. The mechanics that put them together here are paid per bike assembled so they just throw everything together as fast as they can.

Sorry i drifted off.

The rkv as I've said before i think it's the best looking keeway low end. I've had it for almost 4 weeks only. It seems it has more low torque than my speed. On top I've only been able to run it up to 108 km/hr with the engine screaming to me to ease off. The speed i was able to top it at 118 km/hr. maybe bad assembly n needs to be checked over too? Finding neutral is a pain seem to be the general consensus. But in my case it goes father. When i do find neutral (neutral light on n all) n i let out the clutch it stalls 90% of the time. It seems to be between neutral n a gear. My mechanic is on vacation. I haven't taken it back to the dealer cause i don't want their mechanic to touch my bike anymore. I had a real bad experience with him with my speed 200 where i suspect it was him who put water into the engine oil. Oh n lastly.... The left peg for the pillion is bent outwards. Hard to explain I'll see if i can post pics of it today.

Wait.... The tires. As all chinese bikes come with crap tires that needs to be changed as soon as possible down here at least. The stocks are real horrible. In dry when it's hot it's alright but on cool days/night grip declines. In wet it's real bad. The owner of this thread says different... Maybe different model tires here compared to Thai? I'm gonna order some sport demons soon. We're in rain season now n the spill i took on my speed earlier this year is enough for me lol

Hi everyone,

Sorry i drifted off.

4444 us dollars for a keeway? Thats expensive. In Thailand we can buy a honda cbr 250abs for that and have some change left.

How much is a cbr250 in venezuela (if they are available)?

• Like 1