Legally Your Kids, Without Need To Marry ?

Nakonamath

Hi, we have 2 kids, 14 months and 3 months, but due to certain reasons i feel no urge to marry, we have been very close to do it, but no ( red. familly ect. )

Can i be the legally father of my kids, so i have my good rights, in case some problem in the future, and i securly can take them to my home country, in case my Gf died or something. ?

Anyone have experiense with this subject ?

Jack

Make sure you are registered as the father would be a good start.

well, im in the original birth certificate, and they carry my lastname, ( which had made alot of trouble ) the hospital and the local amphur suggested not to use my last name, for aloooot of reasons :-)

But what more ?

You can become the legal fahter by petitioning the court to be recognized as such.

See: http://www.thaivisa....ts-as-a-father/ for soem more infor. Right now you are not the leagl father, at least under Thai law. You might have recognized the children under your own country's law, if they have your nationality etc, but that doesn't stand in a Thai court.

You can become the legal fahter by petitioning the court to be recognized as such.

See: http://www.thaivisa....ts-as-a-father/ for soem more infor. Right now you are not the leagl father, at least under Thai law. You might have recognized the children under your own country's law, if they have your nationality etc, but that doesn't stand in a Thai court.

THat is what i had heard too, but, can she, turn them over to me by free will ? somehow ?, we are not in any fights what so ever, i just dont want them to end up in the ricefields as slave workers, in case some accident, or other

Jesper

When you are the legal father, you will get shared custody togehter with the mother (ask for it when you petion to become the legal fahter). It will be a simple case if the mother doesn't contest.

In case the mother dies, you will have automaticaly sole parental rights as the sole surviving legal parent.

If you want her to give you sole parental rights you better ask a lawyer how she can give up he own parental rights and give you sole responsibility. I'm not sure how to do that.

When you are the legal father, you will get shared custody togehter with the mother (ask for it when you petion to become the legal fahter). It will be a simple case if the mother doesn't contest.

In case the mother dies, you will have automaticaly sole parental rights as the sole surviving legal parent.

If you want her to give you sole parental rights you better ask a lawyer how she can give up he own parental rights and give you sole responsibility. I'm not sure how to do that.

'

So how to become the legal father ? is it enough i am on the birth certificate ? or do we need to apply for something, what and where ?

Jesper

Is it the case that a child of around 7yo can go to the amphur with you and testify themself to get this legal status and no need to go to court for recognition.

Is this the same for legal custody ??....or is that a separate demon ??

Is it the case that a child of around 7yo can go to the amphur with you and testify themself to get this legal status and no need to go to court for recognition.

That is a bit vague, but I believe that you will get parental rights together with the mother if you go by way of the amphur (as that is jmtual consent)

If you go to the court, it can be mutual consent. But if not, the mother could argue about you gaining parental rights. I believe that one in that case will get parental rights (access) but the mother might be appointed as prime caretaker. All depending on the circumstances of the case.

But this question is best asked from a competent lawyer in family law.

• 1 month later...

That is a bit vague, but I believe that you will get parental rights together with the mother if you go by way of the amphur (as that is jmtual consent)

If you go to the court, it can be mutual consent. But if not, the mother could argue about you gaining parental rights. I believe that one in that case will get parental rights (access) but the mother might be appointed as prime caretaker. All depending on the circumstances of the case.

But this question is best asked from a competent lawyer in family law.

Thanks

I will scan in the documents we have now where my name is on, so the one who know more than me can explain to me, what i have so far

i dont think my wife try to cheat me in any way, she just dont know better. to say she thinks the papers are correct, we dont know other Farang/thai couples, no one in our area to ask.

Jack