Tot Pattaya Problems

JusticeFT96

I don't have any dial tone on my fixed TOT line. If I call my number it rings and I still have internet access if you can call it that. I gave up trying to get through to customer service as there was no saying how many hours I'd need to hold - using my cellphone.

Will need to visit the office in person to get something done.

If you cant access google your screwed anyway as ToT have google as their DNS server :) changed my to open DNS and google to spread it about a bit. I know one of the DNS for ToT is google the other may be a thai IP which is why you can access thai sites when there is a problem.

It's been really dicey the last few days in Jomtien. Sometimes down, often just switching off. No special pattern related to international websites though.

My normally very reliable 3BB premier connection has just gone down. Perhaps there's a more widespread problem in the area.

(ironically I'm posting this with my hardly ever used TOT connection)

Edited by tropo

Yesterday TOT internet not working here in Huay Yai...all the lights were on on the router but no internet...My wife called. They said it was some sort of problem involving Singapore. Who knows. They said just wait. I did...an hour or so later it was working. I settled in & suddenly a quick moving thunderstorm moved in & a huge lightening bolt sounded...the desktop & the router began turning off & on. I shut down the power...waited for the storm to move on. Fired up the computer. The router registered two lights...had a connection but no internet.

The router was fried.

My wife went to the TOT office, they tested the router...proclaimed it dead & sold her a new one.

Now it works....

Mine went down again about an hour ago. As for the thunderstorm post, you should consider buying a power unit that will kick in for its battery power when the power goes off its also got surge protection also I think. Comes in very useful when the power goes off, mine lasts for about 40 minutes and it means I can still use the internet whilst the power is off.

• Like 1