Pattaya Is Thailand’s Role Model

Rimmer

Oh sorry i forgotten, once married to a girl 1/2 or 1/3 men's age, he is no longer a dirty old man thumbsup.gif

You saying I should get married? rolleyes.gif

if you do not want to be a dirty old manclap2.gif

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have given some thought about Pattaya negatives. YES, I really dislike the fact that there are normally too many people there and too much traffic. Entirely too much congestion. Why do you suppose that is? Could it possibly be that most truthful people like Pattaya? Perhaps the guys who are not allowed to go there can make up some lie so they can actually have a look for themselves. Making up a lie should not be a problem for the bashers.

• Like 2

Oh sorry i forgotten, once married to a girl 1/2 or 1/3 men's age, he is no longer a dirty old man thumbsup.gif

You saying I should get married? rolleyes.gif

if you do not want to be a dirty old manclap2.gif

Better a happy dirty old man. :rolleyes:

Like it or not. Companies come to Pattaya to have their meetings or Conventions. You might find the place inappropriate, without a Opera House or whatever but that it is not what is needed to hold meetings. And the market gives the ranswer. Companies come to Pattaya to hold meetings so, going on discussing if that makes sense or not, does not change what the market percives.

Any more words are just a waste of time.

Pattaya will make or break you. If your smart with your cash and have a good circle of Thai and foreign friends alike, have a hobby and socialize in bars now and then not all the time then Pattaya is "the" number 1 place to live in Thailand.

If your not so smart with your monies have no friends, like to drink a lot and have no interest in a hobby then your better off living in the village in Loserville with a bottle of Lao Khao an internet connection and slag the place off you'd really like be.

• Like 2

Pattaya will make or break you. If your smart with your cash and have a good circle of Thai and foreign friends alike, have a hobby and socialize in bars now and then not all the time then Pattaya is "the" number 1 place to live in Thailand.

If your not so smart with your monies have no friends, like to drink a lot and have no interest in a hobby then your better off living in the village in Loserville with a bottle of Lao Khao an internet connection and slag the place off you'd really like be.

I'm sure everyone living in places like Bangkok, Phuket, Samui and Chaing Mai only dream of living in Pattaya. Poor buggers are wasting away in those crap holes with nothing to do. Don't know what they are missing. That is why they slag on Pattaya. I think you figured it out. clap2.gifwink.png

What I don't understand is why guys who live in Pattaya get their feelings hurt so easily when people who live in more civilized areas give it a good rubbing. It's not like you were born there and have any real attachment to the place. Pattaya is what it is. No reason to make excuses for it or try to justify it. YOU chose to live in the worlds largest brothel. YOU chose to live in one of Thailand's highest crime rate city. That stuff is going to come with some rubbing. You Pattaya fellas need to harden up. How can you live in a place like Pattaya and not be hard enough to deal with internet comments about the city?

Furthermore, why would you live in a place like Pattaya and spend your time online defending the city, as if the city cares about you in return? It seems that would be counter productive to the whole concept of why you would live in Pattaya in the first place.

I'm sure everyone living in places like Bangkok, Phuket, Samui and Chaing Mai only dream of living in Pattaya. Poor buggers are wasting away in those crap holes with nothing to do. Don't know what they are missing. That is why they slag on Pattaya. I think you figured it out. clap2.gifwink.png

What I don't understand is why guys who live in Pattaya get their feelings hurt so easily when people who live in more civilized areas give it a good rubbing. It's not like you were born there and have any real attachment to the place. Pattaya is what it is. No reason to make excuses for it or try to justify it. YOU chose to live in the worlds largest brothel. YOU chose to live in one of Thailand's highest crime rate city. That stuff is going to come with some rubbing. You Pattaya fellas need to harden up. How can you live in a place like Pattaya and not be hard enough to deal with internet comments about the city?

Furthermore, why would you live in a place like Pattaya and spend your time online defending the city, as if the city cares about you in return? It seems that would be counter productive to the whole concept of why you would live in Pattaya in the first place.

I am surprise you did not mention Chang Rai, Surin, Nongkhai and every other remote vilagerolleyes.gif

PS. IS Onnut soi 500 still considered BKK or is it the outskirts?

Is that based on your own research or opinion? please do tell me when was fibro optic internet introduced in so called more civilized areas?????

Again is that from your own extensive research? or you comparing it to remote village in Isaan

I see you love to post stats, now lets see some facts... actually based on something besides your personal opinionblink.png

If you are going to make an argument, PLEASE try to come up with something factual and intelligent whistling.gif

As I see it you are saying you can't understand why people who live in Pattaya defend their city from people who have never lived there and may not even live in Thailand call it a sewer, hel* hole and things like that. Right?

Well I guess that's a fair question. But another one I have for you is why would people who have never lived in Pattaya want to criticize it in such harsh terms?

See what I am saying? The people who criticize Pattaya have never lived there and know almost nothing about the city.

I have lived in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. Pattaya is a much nicer place to live by any measure that matters to me. Air quality and alone would be enough for me to make an intelligent decision. When you add in cost and recreation, shopping and quality of public transportation (in a reasonable amount of time) and variety of food and accommodations there is really no contest.

I have to admit I am influenced by the posters on Thai Visa. I have had two opportunities to live in Phuket for free and have refused both times because of my negative views of the posters here who live in Phuket.

Plus there is the venom and puritan vigor with which Pattaya is criticized that also leads me to discount the people posting.

Rarely are the negative posts filled with facts or personal experience only hatred of men who are not committed to a monogamous, family, Western morality and lifestyle even though this is Asia.

Thai men can access the same lifestyle as Pattaya in almost any town in Thailand but Pattaya is the only opportunity for Western men not speaking Thai or not understanding Thai cultural traditions to experience what Thai males take for granted.

I do feel sorry for the guys who have not figured how to get a conservative Thai wife to enjoy going to Go go's. After you have been in Thailand for a while or dealt with women for a while maybe it will occur to you how to do it.

I would tell you but advice is only worth what you pay for it and I don't do anything for free anymore.

We all know why you are slagging off Pattaya. Better luck in your next reincarnation. Maybe you will come back as an old man, with a big pension living in Pattaya. smile.png

• Like 1

As I see it you are saying you can't understand why people who live in Pattaya defend their city from people who have never lived there and may not even live in Thailand call it a sewer, hel* hole and things like that. Right?

Well I guess that's a fair question. But another one I have for you is why would people who have never lived in Pattaya want to criticize it in such harsh terms?

See what I am saying? The people who criticize Pattaya have never lived there and know almost nothing about the city.

It is remarkable how so many people who have left or who have never lived in or even been to Pattaya will gravitate to the Pattaya forum. It's near the bottom of the forum list and takes a bit of an effort to find.

For example, as a Pattaya resident I have never visited the Chiang Mai, Phuket, Samui or other major city forums, yet people from these cities will visit the Pattaya forum and often post in an aggressive manner.

It's like these haters are trying to convince themselves not to like Pattaya as if it's a guilty pleasure they're trying to give up. I wouldn't even think of living anywhere else in Thailand. I leave Pattaya - I leave Thailand.

• Like 1

Wherever one lives in the world one will at some point feel they need a little break and a change of scenery. In my experience and traveling all over Thailand from the south to north, east to west it really is nice to visit these places for a few days, a few days and that sure is enough as the boredom starts to set in with bugger all to do and most places isolated and everything an inconvenience.

There is always that sense of adventure and excitement when one travels away from home but it doesn't last long, nothing better for me as when i drive down Sukhumvit road after a few days away and see the Sawasdee Welcome to Pattaya sign, it's like thank <deleted>*# I'm home.

pattaya.png

I'm confused. Where does someone with no money problems, no drinking problems and no unwanted circle of friends fit in to your scheme of things?

Or are you saying that Pattaya will get the better of him sooner or later?

I'm confused. Where does someone with no money problems, no drinking problems and no unwanted circle of friends fit in to your scheme of things?

Or are you saying that Pattaya will get the better of him sooner or later?

What about the guys who don't drink, have no friends, go to gym and spend the rest of their time posting on Thaivisa? biggrin.png

They should host the Olympics, maybe they can get balcony diving, jet ski scamming & katoy pickpocketing Olympic events.

did you think before you posted? sure does not look like itblink.png

just out of curiosity, but do you know what and where Thailand actually is???cheesy.gif

just in case, you do, you may want to do some researching and see what city has a bigger problem with jet ski and katoys, while you at it, google tuk tuk problems as well.

After you have, do feel free to make another post, hopefully more informed

They should host the Olympics, maybe they can get balcony diving, jet ski scamming & katoy pickpocketing Olympic events.

You need to keep things balanced. There's plenty of scamming going on in most cities in the world as well as suicides and thieving.

In most cities suicides are not sensationalized in local trash newspapers. They are not even reported in most cities, so the number here is distorted.

What about the guys who don't drink, have no friends, go to gym and spend the rest of their time posting on Thaivisa? biggrin.png

A sad lot indeed.

Thankfully I've never set foot in a gym in my life.

Now, where's the bottle opener?

I am just so happy. I am still smiling from my last weekend in Pattaya. I stayed at a great hotel. 2000 baht which is expensive for me. Normally in Pattaya I would spend a lot less. Of course normally they are booked in hourly increments. But nevertheless. In this world class hotel along with a free excellent breakfast they had two packs of condoms in a crystal glass on the dresser next to the list of Belgian chocolates in the fridge. What more could you ask for in a 4 star room? Chocolates, condoms and bottled French mineral water. We saw a 3 D movie in a bed and were later entertained by 42 clean naked women. And I know they were clean because we watched them take a shower. Wahoo what a town.

Wooow. So many replies. I don't think it is worth to talk about Pattaya so much. Nothing good is there. No nature. No pretty girls ( only left overs from Thai men taken care of farangs who do not know what a beautiful girl mean) , so amazing...

• 2 weeks later...