Bike Gps In Thailand

Hey, can any of your guys recommend a reputable online retailer of m/c GPS devices in Thailand, or a shop that sells them in Phuket?

Also, has anyone got an recommendations on a good one? cost - ease of use - clarity/view-ability - accuracy of maps

Thanks very much

Eagle GPS is located in Chiang Mai but they will ship any unit anywhere. The farang manager, Morris will give great support and answer all questions.

I use a small hand held on my bike. They are rugged, reliable and water resistant.

http://www.eaglegps.co.th/index.php/lang-en/outdoors

They also have optional mounts for motorcycles.

Cheers Guys, I see what you mean about the price difference! I might try and get a decent 2nd hand one shipped over from the UK, otherwise putting a normal one in a waterproof case may be an option. Has anyone done this? Does it greatly effect viability/touch screen sensitivity?

Eagle in CM and other places in Thailand are extremely expensive compared with most other places around the world.

Would probably be better getting one from another country, easier still if you know someone coming to visit as they could bring it over for you.

Is a Galaxy Tab 7" too big?

post-152992-0-02684100-1336119663_thumb.post-152992-0-83943300-1336119668_thumb.

post-152992-0-07938000-1336119666_thumb.

Less than 10k second-hand and have speed-navi navigation software already on them.

I added a windscreen sucker mount for 150bht and a plastic bag for if it rains.

You can also use a bluetooth headset (or wired headphones) under your helmet and just use voice directions with it in your pocket. And it's a phone too!

Edited by TommoPhysicist

As the poster above has suggested the Galaxy Tab which is a great idea, I personally use my Galaxy S2 phone with the car kit that has the suction cup for the glass type surfaces - installed a cigar adapter plug on the bike for power so the phone stays charged and the screen doesn't turn off using my Sygic navigation installed on the phone (TomTom Maps, free lifetime updates). All maps of Thailand are downloaded to the phone so no need for data or WIFI connection enabled on the phone. Connected my phone to my bluetooth headset in my helmet and when I need to make a turn it tells me than I look at the phone for navigation sitting above the spedometer. Starts to rain, which you will know when it's going to start raining here in Thailand generally, plastic back over the phone OR plastic bag over the phone and place in pocket. Really nice and easy setup, can receive calls through my bluetooth headset and navigate at the same time, when I park the bike system is easily removed and comes with me into the house.

Much cheaper than an over priced (my opinion) dedicated motorcycle GPS.

Edited by commande