All Hail Lionel Messi.........

theblether

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, wilai said:

378m I've heard....not that you lads have any advantages over the rest of us like:wink:

Don't you bladdy start :laugh:

On a serious note. Wouldn't it be great to see him playing in the prem every week. It would also generate extra ticket sales at the smaller clubs away grounds. People who may not even support the club and who would never get the chance to see Messi play would snaffle up any extra tickets. It's all a pipe dream anyway and won't happen.

Apart from PSG, you and Man U are the only ones who can afford him. Neymar is now running PSG so that rules them out. If he does decide to leave Barca, then I think you would go for him.

As for smaller clubs, those in Premiership are averaging close to capacity anyway (and City's existing team sell out anyway) so no real benefit there. At least the midweek game away to Stoke would be on the telly!:smile:

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

On a serious note. Wouldn't it be great to see him playing in the prem every week. It would also generate extra ticket sales at the smaller clubs away grounds. People who may not even support the club and who would never get the chance to see Messi play would snaffle up any extra tickets. It's all a pipe dream anyway and won't happen.

Look at ya, from division 2 to bringing the gift of Messi to the masses :laugh:

England's own Messi (aka Jadon Sancho) should be on Eurosport 2 and the Arabian channels at 18:30 tonight. Can see City putting a bid in for him soon.........or maybe not:giggle:

Seriously, The <17's looked very good the other night and are worth watching. Much brighter than the senior team and I think they have a reasonable chance of winning the thing.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't worry MrB i've been convinced you have no advantage because it is what it is!

Anyway i'd love to see him in our league at whatever cost and of course it wouldn't offer you any advantage!:smile:

14 minutes ago, wilai said:

Seriously, The <17's looked very good the other night and are worth watching. Much brighter than the senior team and I think they have a reasonable chance of winning the thing.

Yeah I saw it. Shame he wanted to leave.

We do have a good chance but I think the heat might disadvantage us. Germany got beat by Iran yesterday 4-0

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

Don't worry MrB i've been convinced you have no advantage because it is what it is!

We are all advantaged in varying degrees Carms. It's all a matter of where you are looking at life from on the ladder. It's just we are lucky to have moved up the class system in recent years. Under Swales, we were so skint the players had to busk outside the ground

12 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Hey aaah I think "ski" is Polish :whistling:  how about BangrakBobov :biggrin: 

Shoot, your'e right. Shouldv'e know that as my ex's granny was in the polish bit that got taken over by germany in the WW and they made them all drop their "ski's" at the end of their names.

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We are all advantaged in varying degrees Carms. It's all a matter of where you are looking at life from on the ladder. It's just we are lucky to have moved up the class system in recent years. Under Swales, we were so skint the players had to busk outside the ground

I'm not denying any of that, its not even up for debate.  That is the way it is!!!  And you clearly agree with me regards current times because me, you don't agree with the blatantly obvious!  And i do accept it, just don't like the deniers that just won't acknowledge the patently obvious.

Whats really important to me and if some genius on the forum can explain, is how, exactly is FFF supposed the be being implemented well and working?  

42 minutes ago, carmine said:

Whats really important to me and if some genius on the forum can explain, is how, exactly is FFF supposed the be being implemented well and working?  

It clearly doesn't work an is intended to keep the rich clubs rich and the poor clubs poor, as the door is now fully closed shut for any other investors to come in and pump huge sums of money into a club for a long term return on investment. The top table is now clearly defined.

I don't profess to be a genius but the only advantage I can see in FFP is that the debt can no longer be put against the club (like Abramovich used to). An owner can gift a set amount of money to a club each year but he can't put it down as a loan. Therefore, the club is somewhat protected from bankruptsy should owners who bankroll clubs then decide to walk away. I.E. for all the money that our owners have invested, as a club we are now in profit and in a very healthy financial position should they decide to walk away (which I don't think they will). We are also worth at least 5 times more now than when they took over.

Archived