Telephone Registration

Aviador

I receive Thai Visa automatically in my e-mail. The topic was the December 31st deadline for simcard registrations.

Oha one minute. If I were'nt a reader of these forums I wouldn't know anything about it. Yes, I did read something like that quite a while ago (again in the forums) but nobody here in Khao lak has a clue. I just topped off my phone again today and as to my inquiry about registering it, the kid just looked at me wide eyed and uttered the magig words that every Thai must learn in Kindergarten: "No have" :D

It is a dumb idea like so many brainstorms politicians come up with. Things like talking nail clippers and pens from the crew of an aircraft in the aftermath of the attack on the WTC in New York. I was the Captain of a Lear jet about a week after 9/11, departing the New York area at 3 AM with a transplant team aboard. Some stupid bitch, who barely spoke english, had qualms about letting us leave, because the surgeons had a satchel full of knives, scalpels and other dangerous looking paraphernalia, without first getting authoriztion form a supervisor who, at 3 AM was home in bed sleeping. :D Here is a guy in desperate need of a heart already being prepped for a transplant at NYU medical center, the donor in Cleveland is ready (about as ready as he will ever be :D and this broad is jerking us around. The heart is only good for about 4 hours (maximum that's why we used jets) and we are here dealing with an imbecil. After searching my briefcase she tried to confiscate a swiss army knife one my sons had given to me years ago as a birthday present. "Over my dead body" I screamed."Let's get on the airplane and get the h***l outa here" (see Udon, I remembered :o) . "I will get in big trouble" said the woman. "So be it". Well the night manager promised to explain the situation to the head honcho in the morning and we managed to leave.

The only reason I even brought this up. Assuming someone steals my phone, takes a bus down south, gives it to some towel headed camel jockey who blows up something. Somehow the phone is retrieved and traced back to me. Soooo ? Does that now make me an accessory ?

The warning about not answering unknown numbers makes more sense, to me. Anyway, happy New Year to all of you .

PS. The morning of that fateful day, September 11 , we were in Boston also with a transplant team. The doctors showed up at around 7 AM for the return trip to New York. As we taxied out to the other side of the airport, we passed the American Airlines terminal just as the B767 was pushed off the gate. I remember saying to my FO. "Isn't that a beautiful airplane?" (It turned out to be the first one to hit the WTC later on :D ) This time we were flying a Beechcraft Truboprop the only one available and to Boston, 40 minutes flying time, no matter what you fly.

As we neared New York's airspace, around Brigeport Connecticut, the controller queried: "Are you requesting priority?" "Shure stupid" I felt like saying. We are always priority. (Actually it was fun doing these trips even though they would wake you up in the middle of the night. Like driving a police car or fire engine with the lights flashing and horns blowing.) NYARTC must have known something was up, because as soon as we landed, the airport closed. I went into the office to finish the paperwork, when of the girls said: "An airplane just hit the WTC." "On a beautiful morning like this"?? I said. I thought perhaps some private pilot with his little Cessna had gotten too close. The she said, "No an airliner and another one just hit the other building".

I will never forget my answer."Must have been an Arab". "You've got a point there" said a female flight examiner who was there.

TV did a broadcast about our flight a year later, calling it a miracle, because we were the last airplane to land and the ambulance was the last vehicle to be allowed across the George Washington bridge, saving the life of the recipient. He was an ex Buffalo Bills football player. This was also the first time I actually met a recipient after having flown hundreds of those flights. NBC sports, I don't remember which station, did send me a tape of the interview and the film which I brought with me to Thailand. However it was in VHS form. My erstwhile Thai friend and partner gave it to someone he knows at channel 7 Phuket, who was going to make a DVD out of it. That was 6 months ago. Well I had my 15 minutes of fame. The second one. :D The first one was about Elián Gonzales, the little Cuban boy whom they found floating int the ocean.

But that's another story :D

Regards, the ol' Captain, it's been an interseting life, but who really doesn't miss it :D

I receive Thai Visa automatically in my e-mail. The topic was the December 31st deadline for simcard registrations.

Oha one minute. If I were'nt a reader of these forums I wouldn't know anything about it. Yes, I did read something like that quite a while ago (again in the forums) but nobody here in Khao lak has a clue. I just topped off my phone again today and as to my inquiry about registering it, the kid just looked at me wide eyed and uttered the magig words that every Thai must learn in Kindergarten: "No have" :D

It is a dumb idea like so many brainstorms politicians come up with. Things like talking nail clippers and pens from the crew of an aircraft in the aftermath of the attack on the WTC in New York. I was the Captain of a Lear jet about a week after 9/11, departing the New York area at 3 AM with a transplant team aboard. Some stupid bitch, who barely spoke english, had qualms about letting us leave, because the surgeons had a satchel full of knives, scalpels and other dangerous looking paraphernalia, without first getting authoriztion form a supervisor who, at 3 AM was home in bed sleeping. :D  Here is a guy in desperate need of a heart already being prepped for a transplant at NYU medical center, the donor in Cleveland is ready (about as ready as he will ever be  :D and this broad is jerking us around. The heart is only good for about 4 hours (maximum that's why we used jets) and we are here dealing with an imbecil. After searching my briefcase she tried to confiscate a swiss army knife one  my sons had given to me years ago as a birthday present. "Over my dead body" I screamed."Let's get on the airplane and get the h***l outa here" (see Udon, I remembered  :o) . "I will get in big trouble" said the woman. "So be it". Well the night manager promised to explain the situation to the head honcho in the morning and we managed to leave.

The only reason I even  brought this up. Assuming someone steals my phone, takes a bus down south, gives it to some towel headed camel jockey who blows up something.  Somehow the phone is retrieved and traced back to me. Soooo ? Does that now make me an accessory ?

The warning about not answering unknown numbers makes more sense, to me. Anyway, happy New Year to all of you .

PS. The morning of that fateful day,  September 11 ,  we were in Boston also with a transplant team. The doctors showed up at around 7 AM for the return trip to New York. As we taxied out to the other side of the airport, we passed the American Airlines terminal just as the B767 was pushed off the gate. I remember saying to my FO. "Isn't that a beautiful airplane?" (It turned out to be the first one to hit the WTC later on  :D ) This time we were flying a Beechcraft Truboprop the only one available and to Boston, 40 minutes flying time, no matter what you fly.

As we neared New York's airspace, around Brigeport Connecticut, the controller queried: "Are you requesting priority?" "Shure stupid" I felt like saying. We are always priority. (Actually it was fun doing these trips even though they would wake you up in the middle of the night.  Like driving a police car or fire engine with the lights flashing and horns blowing.) NYARTC must have known something was up, because as soon as we landed, the airport closed. I went into the office to finish the paperwork, when of the girls said: "An airplane just hit the WTC." "On a beautiful morning like this"?? I said. I thought perhaps some private pilot with his little Cessna had gotten too close. The she said, "No an airliner and another one just hit the other building".

I will never forget my answer."Must have been an Arab". "You've got a point there" said a female flight examiner who was there.

TV did a broadcast about our flight a year later, calling it a miracle, because we were the last airplane to land and the ambulance was the last vehicle to be allowed across the George Washington bridge, saving the life of the recipient. He was an ex Buffalo Bills football player. This was also the first time I actually met a recipient after having flown hundreds of those flights. NBC sports, I don't remember which station, did send me a tape of the interview and the film which I brought with me to Thailand. However it was in VHS form. My erstwhile Thai friend and partner gave it to someone he knows at channel 7 Phuket, who was going to make a DVD out of it. That was 6 months ago. Well I had my 15 minutes of fame. The second one.  :D  The first one was about Elián Gonzales, the little Cuban boy whom they found floating int the ocean.

But that's another story  :D

Regards, the ol' Captain, it's been an interseting life, but who really doesn't miss it  :D

Faster to reg my mobile than wade thru this psot about reging mobiles???

In Patong go to the TeleXiz shop and the street end of Soi Paradise. No you don't have to enter Soi Gay to get you form done.