Studio Or 1 Br?

Javabear

I'm looking for a decent 1BR or studio (prefer the 1BR) for a decent rate for a long term rental anywhere between Jomtien and Pratamnak hill. Proximity to the beach or the baht bus lines is not important. Must have a nice pool area, decent kitchen, and secure parking. I've been looking at the various websites with listings and it all kind of jumbles together after awhile so I was hoping for some recommendations from the nice folks here on TV. I'm also not sure at all about what something like this would go for so if I could get some ideas on that aspect as well that would be helpful. Thanks to all in advance.

I'be been renting in Central Pattaya for a couple of years now and paid 12K a month for a studio. I'm now much happier in a 1BR of about 55 m2 for 13.5K a month.

I'm only a stones throw from the beach so in your preferred location I guess you'll be looking for quite a bit less - say 7-8K per month ?

Good luck.

Simon

I have stayed/commuted in and out of Jomtien for 6 years now and rented lots of studios. View Talay 1 Studios start around 10,000 a month, VT2 around 12,000 VT3 and VT5 start around 15,000 and VT 7 seems to be around 18,000.

Personally I learned the hard way and realised 2 years ago you need the bigger unit for comfort and now have a 1 Bed unit. Obviously they are more expensive and you can basically add 5 to 10 thousand Baht onto the figures above.

If you go into the ground floor of all these units you will see adverts posted all over the place for rooms. In case you are wondering they never built a number VT4 ....There ae dozens of other Condos that are around the same price range.

Chateau Dale for example, View Talay residence, Nordic Village etc etc...

Try looking at Ruamchok Condo View 2 on Pratumnak Soi 5 . An 80 sq.m. one bedroom can be had for about 12,000 baht a month and they are constructing a new pool which should be completed in about a month. Very nice quiet area, 5 minutes walk to the beach, a 7/11 and a small Teso/Lotus. Most condos have a great sea view as well.

I think the best choice for someone who wants cheap is View Talay 1, especially building B as it is far from the road and the view on Pattaya side is realy perfect with nothing in front but houses and no risk to have anything in front in the future (but you don't mind if you just rent anyway).