Out Of Ground Pool

Hostile17

Before writing anything i just want to say i know nothing about anything DIY.

I have a twin house with a lot of space out front.

I thought about turning the ugly car park made of bricks into a pool that goes as high as the windows. I am unsure if we can dig under so it would be easier just to build from the ground up. Are most contractors able to do this? Logically i would think that if the contractor for a tiled pool ends up being not very good, it would be easy to fix leaks when the pool is not into the ground, right? We wont live there for much longer so if the pool lasts a few years, were good(thai style thinking :] )

Im asking here first because i dont want to ask the normal contractors and get a yes for something they would probably mess up.

Also would it be cheaper to build?

Assuming you want a pool for swimming have a look at this thread the pools discussed are easy to assemble and (importantly if you are going to move 'soon') disassemble.

If this is a decorative pool please post again with exactly what you want it to be.

No, i meant a real pool. I want to take over the whole parking area and build it up with a deck in somekind of non slip concretre. The area is about 5 by 6 meters. Would want to go about 1.2-5 meters high which would make the pool accessible by the living room window

• 1 month later...

Speaking from an engineering point of view I would think that, generally speaking, an above ground level permanent swimming pool would be constructed in the same way as a below ground level pool except that the only significant excavation required would be for the retaining structure base and wall foundations.

http://www.ukswimmin...399_9789802.jpg

http://www.ukswimmin...228_6352437.jpg