No Apocalyptic Events From This Weekend's Supermoon: Thai Scientists

webfact

It's not necessary to slag off all Thai scientists, the article is a press release designed to reasurre a largely poor, uneducated and highly superstitious population. It's too bad you didn't make a "value judgement" on what you wrote before posting.

We're all entitled to opinion and wit, dear sir! wink.png

-mel.

Yes, you certainly are one particular kind of wit...

Jeez....... you're all so serious. Go get some, and chill out! whistling.gif

-mel.

It's not necessary to slag off all Thai scientists, the article is a press release designed to reasurre a largely poor, uneducated and highly superstitious population. It's too bad you didn't make a "value judgement" on what you wrote before posting.

So it's aimed at TV readers then?

• Like 1

I really don't know why Thailand needs a National Astronomical Research Institute. I'm sure they are fine scientist. It is quite possible this organization was invented just for this Supermoon event to quell the rumors of the masses of impending doom. I myself, as a scientific type, believe that the Supermoon will insert such a gravitational pull on certain farang, namely in Pattaya, that they will go flying off balconies unless tied down. whistling.gif

As you are a scientific, can you tell us if the supermoon will have some erectile effects in Pattaya and Phuket massage parlours?smile.png

Well the scientists say it is going to cause a very big pull !

Will there be a strong smell of cheese?

Wallace and Gromit will be in Wensleydale heaven!

run for the hills! Grab the Chang and run for the hills!

You'll need an elephant in thems there hills. Chang... great idea! wink.png

-mel.

well you could load more beer on his back, that is true

I don't slag on the scientists, they respond to the question. The question from the population (or part of it).

And to be clear, if I had an employee that was convinced that the lunar event would bring about a apocalyptic event I would make sure to phase him out of the organization.

"If" you had employees. Would you really be so callus to fire some one, for voicing their opinions?

As a manager I have many employees that I handle and that sometimes have to take tough decisions

Whether to have Sombat on french fries duty this week or dress up as the Hamburglar to entertain the kids right mate? biggrin.png

( sorry couldn't resist TAWP)!

• Like 1

I don't slag on the scientists, they respond to the question. The question from the population (or part of it).

And to be clear, if I had an employee that was convinced that the lunar event would bring about a apocalyptic event I would make sure to phase him out of the organization.

"If" you had employees. Would you really be so callus to fire some one, for voicing their opinions?

As a manager I have many employees that I handle and that sometimes have to take tough decisions

Whether to have Sombat on french fries duty this week or dress up as the Hamburglar to entertain the kids right mate? biggrin.png

( sorry couldn't resist TAWP)!

Is that some kind of pig stealer or something, just asking?

For information, the "rainy season" has just started here in Phitsanulok; began on Friday. Everyone thought it was the normal course as it was expected.

After reading the article, designed to reasurre a largely poor, uneducated and highly superstitious population, everyone is sh1tting themselves! Throwing chicken bones, reading astral maps, its scary.

Even the Thais are starting to panic.................blink.png