Thai Salary And Their Lifestyle

hello boys and girls... im wondering about how some thai people live a very high so life style. Like owning a 3 storey block house (sold for 7.2M baht), owns expensive cars (800K+) and dining at pretty expensive restaurnats although the food and atmospheere is crap...

ive checked some avg salary on the interenet: http://www.worldsalaries.org/thailand.shtml

im not sure this is correct?

engineer 32K, higher than dentist at 31K?? well i know not all eng gets that, just the avg, prolly eng supervisor at age 30+

im guessing thai managers norm is 50K+ and division manager = general manager? is like 80K+ right?

whats ur thoughts

i would think normally thai couple works... so i would guess double income would be sussy.

and they usually get like 3 months bonus at jap companies scattered everywhere....

also i would think they live together with their parents who own the properties, thaz what i reckon G, k00l

People who have lots of money (in all countries) don't just live off the income of ordinary jobs. They own investments, run businesses, have inherited money, won the lottery or whatever. There is more to wealth than average wage. Many people might have an average wage but a very large number assets. I always see people asking how someone on an average wage of 25k can afford an average house of 150k. The answer is that they have built up assets over their life. The average deposit put down on a property in the UK is 40-50%. Most people to take these things into account. And this is what you're doing. Maybe someone earning 30k baht got given a house and car by their rich parents. Best way to find out is to ask them. I find that most people are happy to share this info. The richer people I know here mostly run very successful business.

People who have lots of money (in all countries) don't just live off the income of ordinary jobs. They own investments, run businesses, have inherited money, won the lottery or whatever. There is more to wealth than average wage. Many people might have an average wage but a very large number assets. I always see people asking how someone on an average wage of 25k can afford an average house of 150k. The answer is that they have built up assets over their life. The average deposit put down on a property in the UK is 40-50%. Most people to take these things into account. And this is what you're doing. Maybe someone earning 30k baht got given a house and car by their rich parents. Best way to find out is to ask them. I find that most people are happy to share this info. The richer people I know here mostly run very successful business.

And most of this wealth still derives from old family money. The new moneied wealth isn't that prevelent or infuential, but there are the obvious exceptions. Power and wealth still manifest itself from generations on.

I've seen expensive Mercedez parked out in front of cheap Thai houses(shacks) so nice car does not necessarily equal money here.

Twisted image value rises above everything.

It's not who you are, but what you have.

With Thais it's all about "face". My neighbor, a young lady, has had a Toyota Camry for well over a year and still has the red license plate. Asked my gf why she doesn't get a normal white plate like everyone else. The answer, Red plate means new and therefore more class.....

Transparency is not a Thai virtue, lot's of black money comes here.

The real wealth is recognised through the character, not falsehoods of wealth borrowed from interloping cultures.

I've seen expensive Mercedez parked out in front of cheap Thai houses(shacks) so nice car does not necessarily equal money here.

And how is that different from so-called western civilisation where sub-prime mortgages and massive credit card debt and record levels of personal debt have created the illusion that people who can't afford it are living way beyond their means?

A house, a nice car, a big tv and holidays annually doesn't necessarily equal money in the UK or US either.

"'ve seen expensive Mercedez parked out in front of cheap Thai houses(shacks) so nice car does not necessarily equal money here."

It couldn't possibly be that they have poorer relatives that they visit could it?

Also many Thais are also bound by guilt. I have known a few that could afford anything that they wanted but still lived in the house of their parents.

Seems like a lot of judgemental and imperialistic western perspective every time average income and how much do Thais make.

There are a lot of incredibly wealthy Thais. In Thailand, doctors, lawyers and engineers are considered upper class but it is more of a social status than a wealth status. The only doctors that I know that are really rich have either inheritted their wealth or have multiple clinics and businesses.

Starting government doctors make less than 20k to start for 2 years.

Most of the extremely wealthy Thais I know are from old money and or have very sucessful businesses. It is rare to see someone who is an employee of someone else that is upper crust.

And how is that different from so-called western civilisation where sub-prime mortgages and massive credit card debt and record levels of personal debt have created the illusion that people who can't afford it are living way beyond their means?

A house, a nice car, a big tv and holidays annually doesn't necessarily equal money in the UK or US either.

As most don't have the ability to recognise the same illusion as it applies to Western lifestyles..

Yet, it's the same hypnotic suggestion....

I think what that means is that the bloke in the shack doesn't have a car, so there's a vacant space in front of his house...

Or maybe he's a mechanic.

Or a waxer.

Or maybe its stolen.

As Ray French said: ".. it's no good speculating"

Allan Rooney: "You're quite right, no point"

though that was on the topic of video referees...

SC