Downtown Inn Closed

chiangmaicharlies

The same people who own Downtown also own two other major tourist hotels in town.

If Downtown Inn is refurbished and then re-opens, explain why it deserves more hate than the other venues?

I'm not sure everyone is rational on this forum.

Who could disagree with this last statement? But to speak of the topic:

Certainly mistrust might attach to the owners. If one knew the names of the other joints, one might avoid them. And why, if others were to blame (lot of confusion here, yet), pick on owners rather than exterminators?

Fear.

If there is fear building to hatred, it could be related to the lack of transparency - indeed, some reported that they though that there was opposition to open honesty about events coming from a number of directions. So did a news outlet, I seem to recall. Such uncertainty, born of being denied a clear effort to determine the causes (at least publicly), could cause hatred.

But, in an attempt to be rational, we must figure that transparency issues are a matter of culture clash, while 'developing country' is to blame as to causality. So it goes. Right? Just comes with the territory. Plus, "Don't worry, be hoppy!"

Not sure of one of the hotels in the chain but I know the Empress was associated with them. They ev3en had a shuttle to take you to the Downtown Inn for meals where the Empress discount card was honored.

Don't know about transparency but the World Health Association had taken a look into the matters and one lady from Seattle got very sick and had to check in with a doctor in Seattle. Never did hear any results from them of local authorities. Just speculation. And a lot of hype One reporter type even mentioned two in Ko SAamui a few years ago and a fellow who died as a casualty who did not even stay there, all he knew was the day before he went swimming there he asked his friend if he wanted to go with him tomorrow. The friend didn't even know if he had gone.

They finally had some Monks come in and chase the spirits out.

Must be haunted with ghosts. That is the only logical excuse.

Get rid of everything inside, clean it, paint it, change the name, have a boat load of monks come and bless the place, and everyone is happy and the ghosts are gone.

Must be haunted with ghosts. That is the only logical excuse.

Get rid of everything inside, clean it, paint it, change the name, have a boat load of monks come and bless the place, and everyone is happy and the ghosts are gone.

They did the Monks last year and it worked no more deaths.

I agree with you on every thing else the first thing they should do is take the sign down. Get the place all spiffed up and a new name and out side paint job and they can advertise it as newly remodeled.In a year there will be no more talk of it's unfortunate past.

I can't be sure, but it looks like something is up. I rode by and only glanced up quickly, but there is a bunch of netting out front and I am pretty sure that that there was a cloth sign over the entrance with something in Thai and an e-mail address that was something like www.demolish.com.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I saw them there removing things for two days it looked like about three pick up trucks. I saw no songtells.

Songtell???

Personally I've given up. wink.png

I thought they were called "show & tells"!

I hear they did have some staff issues and think they give the mattresses away free to who wants them.It does need a new name and to be renovated.

I hear they did have some staff issues and think they give the mattresses away free to who wants them.It does need a new name and to be renovated.

Even with a new name, it doubt if it will attract Thai's (staff or customers) that know the history of dead people.

Problem is, they had the only breakfast buffet that I know of that had unlimited bacon...

Sigh

The river view does. 350 baht great view of the river and the bacon is the only reason I would go back there again. I think the Empress does have bacon.

• Like 1

I think the free mattresses could be loaded with some thing... not safe.

they give the mattresses away free to who wants them.It does need a new name and to be renovated.

Edited by ARISTIDE

• 3 weeks later...

Went past this afternoon, all Teak windows gone.

Toilet cistons removed and lined up on the ground.

I would say that it will be refurbished.

As the old brown tiles were probably the original and they need to be replaced with a lighter tile.

A lot of banging going on, probably cleaning out all the rooms.

I

As the old brown tiles were probably the original and they need to be replaced with a lighter tile.

I

That banging was on the walls around the windows. The picture they had of the new hotel showed balconies. The article in the city of Bangkok said they had hired a company to demolish the hotel.

I

The windows have been sold. Nobody wants the toilets I would think. It will not be refurbished. The sign says it will be demolished.

I

The windows have been sold. Nobody wants the toilets I would think. It will not be refurbished. The sign says it will be demolished.

Would seem like a good place to plant flowers,,,,,,,,, the toilets uses as pots

• Like 1

I

Would seem like a good place to plant flowers,,,,,,,,, the toilets uses as pots

Good one yes shit pots