Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

Long time reader, new poster.

You can add my wife and I to the list; We submitted 21/05 and are still waiting.

My wife is pregnant with twins and cannot fly after the end of next week. I'm back here in the UK working. We can deal with her staying out there for the birth and coming afterwards - as long as the visa application is successful that is!

Stressful times for all, my advice is to remain positive. Like 7by7 has said, you will look back on this as a short period in a long happy life.

Why dont you contact user "VisasPlus". They posted last on page 22. I think they have some sort of pipeline into the embassy and may be able to send an email or make a phone call about your situation which Im sure would expedite your application so your wife would get her visa in time to still be able to fly.

Thank you for your vote of confidence. I do have former colleagues who work at the British Embassy, but it has been made clear to me ( quite rightly) that I cannot abuse my former work relationships by asking the Embassy visa section for favours. Plus, in all honesty, I don't believe that such a request, as in this case, would be seen as urgent or compassionate by UKBA.

Edited by 7by7
Unnecessary nested quotes removed.

Understand. But if this case is not very urgent or compassionate then no case is! Surely a small heads up to the embassy would be appreciated by them because they wouldnt want any stress or delay to cause any problems dont you think. The uk government would want to assist wherever possible with such cases!!!!

Dont you hava a contact number or an email address that JonnyReece could use to flag the urgency.

Also if his wife travel whilst she is pregnant this would save him a lot of money which could be used better for the childrens benefit!

Your response surprised me!

Think on..

Edited by 7by7
Unnecessary nested quotes removed.

You can add my wife and I to the list; We submitted 21/05 and are still waiting.

My wife is pregnant with twins and cannot fly after the end of next week. I'm back here in the UK working. We can deal with her staying out there for the birth and coming afterwards - as long as the visa application is successful that is!

Stressful times for all, my advice is to remain positive. Like 7by7 has said, you will look back on this as a short period in a long happy life.

Jonny

Try and send an email to this lady at the embassy/UKBA and explain your situation and give your application reference number. It may help! Worth a try. Save you some expense if your wife travels before the children are born.

Goodluck

Edited by 7by7
Personal email removed to prevent spam problems; see forum rules.

Why dont you contact user "VisasPlus". They posted last on page 22. I think they have some sort of pipeline into the embassy and may be able to send an email or make a phone call about your situation which Im sure would expedite your application so your wife would get her visa in time to still be able to fly.

Thank you for your vote of confidence. I do have former colleagues who work at the British Embassy, but it has been made clear to me ( quite rightly) that I cannot abuse my former work relationships by asking the Embassy visa section for favours. Plus, in all honesty, I don't believe that such a request, as in this case, would be seen as urgent or compassionate by UKBA.

Understand. But if this case is not very urgent or compassionate then no case is! Surely a small heads up to the embassy would be appreciated by them because they wouldnt want any stress or delay to cause any problems dont you think. The uk government would want to assist wherever possible with such cases!!!!

Dont you hava a contact number or an email address that JonnyReece could use to flag the urgency.

Also if his wife travel whilst she is pregnant this would save him a lot of money which could be used better for the childrens benefit!

Your response surprised me!

Think on..

I'm sorry if my response surprises you, but I don't see where the urgency is in the application. This pregnancy presumably hasn't just "happened". The applicant and sponsor have had time to make an application, knowing the time scales involved. The OP here says " We can deal with her staying out there for the birth and coming afterwards - as long as the visa application is successful that is! " The sponsor/OP accepts the situation as it is, and obviously understands it.

Jonny

Try and send an email to this lady at the embassy/UKBA and explain your situation and give your application reference number. It may help! Worth a try. Save you some expense if your wife travels before the children are born.

Goodluck

You don't seem to be a new OP here, so you should be aware that it is not in anyone's interest to post/publish names or email addresses of Embassy staff. By doing so you will certainly not help this applicant in any way.

Edited by 7by7
Personal email removed from quote; see above.

But he has already been waiting since 21 May so he applied in sufficient time so I disagree with you!! His situation should be expedited on urgent and compassionate grounds. as its been over 9 weeks already!!!!!! If he was a paying customer then Im sure you would respond differently!! And dont lecture me!!!!

Edited by 7by7
Unnecessary full, nested quotes removed.

There are no urgent or compassionate grounds. Unless you think, as you have said, that saving some money is urgent and/or compassionate.

And, please don't judge me. You obviously know already that we give, what we believe to be, helpful, and free, advice here. Otherwise you wouldn't have contacted me in the first place. The OP would have got the same advice even if he was a paying customer.

I have no interest in lecturing you. I will leave that to others, but if you cannot see anything wrong in putting the name and email address of staff members at the British Embassy on the internet, then perhaps you need a lecture.

Edited by 7by7
Unnecessary full, nested quotes removed.

tracy3eyes,

The embassy and UKBA make it clear that visa agents etc. have no influence over them and cannot influence the processing of an application in any way. Any agent who claims otherwise is, frankly, lying.

They also make it clear that settlement applicants should allow 12 weeks for their application to be processed. Sometimes there are compassionate grounds for jumping the queue, as in kadaffi's situation, but being pregnant isn't such.

Remember, the more people who do jump the queue on compassionate grounds, the longer it will take for your application to be processed!

VisaPlus devotes a lot of time to giving free advice to members of this forum; your suggestions and snide accusations against him are totally unfounded, totally unfair and totally out of order.

You should apologise to him.

Folks can I come at this from my own selfish perspective. I can see both sides of the argument, I submitted two settlement visa applications on the 22nd of May.....and obviously we're still waiting. The trouble is that every time I see a new message on the forum I think, 'Yippee the backlog of applications is being dealt with and someone else has heard from the Embassy'. And then I read 2 different views, both of which I can understand and sympathise with. So slow down with the messages, my heart might not be able to cope with all of these false starts.wai.gif

Cheers

Steady

I think what gets most people is that they may well say allow 90 days so most people would think that is 3 months when it is not it is close to 5 months with there being approx 21 working days per month.

But statistics show it is not taking 5 months for settlement visa's to be processed. It would seem around 10-12 weeks is the current guideline.

If you look it is pretty uncommon for straight forward settlement visa to take much more than about three calender months. Well within the 90 working days target.

It is only when you hit the ILR that the wait gets close to six calender months.

The longest waits seem to be this time of year so you need to be patient. It feels a long time and can be disruptive as well as nerve wracking.

I think what gets most people is that they may well say allow 90 days............

They don't say allow 90 days; they say they aim to process 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks.

They also say they define a week as 5 working days, so that's 60 working days. The table for June shows that they achieved this target for 100% of settlement applications.

Visa processing times in Thailand

Thanks everyone for your concerns and contributions. Believe it or not we got the notification this morning and asked to collect today also. We got the visa and we'll all be in the UK by the end of the week.

Still sinking in personally!

Good luck to everyone who is going through the same process, I can't explain to you the relief you will feel when you get the good news.

Thanks everyone for your concerns and contributions. Believe it or not we got the notification this morning and asked to collect today also. We got the visa and we'll all be in the UK by the end of the week.

Still sinking in personally!

Good luck to everyone who is going through the same process, I can't explain to you the relief you will feel when you get the good news.

congratulations! all the best for you and the family :)

• Like 1

latest update:

quibbler; submitted 12/12/11, result received 20/1/12, visa issued.

manxlad: submitted 5/1, result received 16/2, visa issued. Longer processing time as had to be referred to the Isle of Man.

kiethsimminds: submitted 5/1, result received 6/2, visa issued.

S4161: submitted 9/1, result received 6/2, visa issued.

ThompsonPeter: submitted 11/1, SMS received 8/2, result not reported by member.

samsingsong: submitted 20/1, result received 6/3, visa issued.

Danart69: submitted 2/2, result received 20/3, visa issued.

nelly1977: submitted 13/2, result received 14/3, result not reported by member.

jumpyjumpa: submitted 14/2, result received 16/3, visa issued.

Tingtongmakadangdang: submitted 15/2, no further news reported by member.

tribalfusion001: submitted 15/2, result recieved15/3, refused.

Romfordboy: submitted 22/2, result received 22/3, visa issued.

jingjingna: submitted 12/3, result received 16/5, visa issued.

retard: submitted 16/3, result received 21/5, visa issued.

simmsc: submitted 16/3, result received 23/5, visa issued.

chogiekim: submitted 16/3, result received 23/5, visa issued.

dracos: submitted 19/3, result received 21/5, visa issued..

rightontime: submitted 19/3, result received 23/5, visa issued.

jessicanguyenself: submitted 26/3 in Hanoi, result received 30/5, visa issued (extra 6 days to send passport back to Vietnam).

tribalfusion001: submitted 27/3, result received 25/5, visa issued.

funkyronster: submitted 12/4, result received 5/6, visa issued

farmerfred: submitted 16/4, result received 1/6, visa issued.

arik: submitted 20/4, email received 7/6, result not reported by member.

sweeneytodds: submitted 24/4; result received 3/7, visa issued.

POMCHOB: submitted April, result received June, visa issued.

ken2000s: submitted 8/5, result received 6/7, visa issued.

hardgrafter187: submitted 18/5

thomp256: submitted 18/5

JonnyReece: submitted 21/5, result recieved 28/7, visa issued.

steady: submitted 22/5

MaprangHolmes: submitted 29/5

Jejwinner: submitted 29/5

braid101: submitted 8/6

tomcreeduk: submitted 19/6

Jared: submitted 25/6

alaninlamphun: submitted 23/6

nickynalack: submitted 27/6

sheba: submitted 4/7

ralphsilver: submitted 5/7 (two child applications)

kadafi: submitted 5/7, result 26/7, visa issued. Given priority due to exceptional compassionate circumstances.

alldone: submitted 6/7

davos09: submitted 7/7

Kiggs: submitted 20/7

One reported result from 21/5 (today) so it looks as though those who submitted around that time should be hearing something in the next few days.

List is getting rather long, so I'll prune it in the next update.

• Like 1

JohnnyReece submitted his application on the 21/05. So I make that approx 50 working days for a reply. I'm up to 28 working days approx now so it's all down hill. ( fingers crossed )

21st of May??

Anyone know why applications are being processed out-of-order (chronological order) now?

Or, Johnny, did you contact the embassy to inform them of the pregnancy?

Thanks,

thomp256

Hello Thomp, I don't think there is actually is an order as such. They do seem to stay pretty close but I think it all depends how fast they find the information they need before it get passed on to the next stage. Im really hoping to hear this Friday so I can book the flight the weekend and not have to redo her medical as it runs out on the 9th. I think you will hear Monday. Fingers crossed for you.

It could be a number of things, such as different ECOs working at different speeds, something in one application that needs further checks and so delays it for a couple of days.

If you look at the list you will see that some seem to be processed slightly quicker than others, but this is not a true picture as the result dates are the dates the result was received by the applicant, not the date the embassy finished processing the application.

JonnyReece says he was notified the passport was ready for collection, so presumably he subscribed to the SMS service; did you, Thomp256?

Also he collected it, presumably from the UKVAC. If you opted to have the passport couriered to you this can add a couple of days, particulalrly at weekends, as the embassy return the passport to the UKVAC who then have to arrange a courier.

Have you checked the application tracker?

As already said, I am sure that those who applied around the same time will be hearing within the next few days; unless there is some problem with the application requiring further enquiries before a decision can be made.

As if it isn't annoying enough having to wait all of this time just for someone to look at an application just to top it off they start giving other people there's even though you submitted before them.

No offence to you johnnyreece congratulations hope everything goes well for you and your family.

Thanks Hardgrafter187