Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

Tuberculosis testing in Thailand

If you want to come to the UK for more than six months, you must to be tested to show that you are free from infectious TB before we will accept your visa application.........

This requirement is not universal; only in countries with a high rate of TB.

From your reply it is obviously not a requirement in Vietnam.

However, as you weren't tested when applying for your visa you may be sent to the medical centre for a chest Xray before being admitted to the UK.

• Like 1

Your next then davos :) then its my turn! If the 6/7 week trend continues I should get the email in 2/3 weeks.

The days are really starting to drag now....

Would like to add that this thread is a great help. Gives you a running idea of times.

Not to jump the gun but does anyone have a good link to flights from Thailand?

Thanks for ur reply and thanks for being here with us:-)

Tuberculosis testing in Thailand

If you want to come to the UK for more than six months, you must to be tested to show that you are free from infectious TB before we will accept your visa application.........

This requirement is not universal; only in countries with a high rate of TB.

From your reply it is obviously not a requirement in Vietnam.

However, as you weren't tested when applying for your visa you may be sent to the medical centre for a chest Xray before being admitted to the UK.

My wife took here tb test and has been approved for her visa. The tb certificate is valid for 6 months. So if it's is now 6 months old does she need to have a new one for her flight to the uk next week or is it only required for the visa? Cheers guys

My wife paid for the text alert, I keep checking the tracking number but still says application forwarded to British Embassy. Does anyone know if she'll get an email first? Or will she only receive the text that it's ready the same day?

I see a few people get an email saying it will be ready in two working days.

My wife paid for the text alert, I keep checking the tracking number but still says application forwarded to British Embassy. Does anyone know if she'll get an email first? Or will she only receive the text that it's ready the same day?

I see a few people get an email saying it will be ready in two working days.

Just a note, it may not happen to every person but we paid for the text service also but never got a text to say her passport was ready to collect.

Anyone had any news? What happened with yours cptruff?? We applied the same day as you (7th July) but haven't had any news yet.

The wait continues... sad.png

applied Friday 6th july.... nothing as yet, and I would deem our application to be fairly strong both from a sponsor and applicant point of view... so was surprised when CPTRUFF got his back first... now its over three days later I would like to know what CPTRUFF's passport contained.... refusal or approval...

There will probably be a backlog as they do the last few applications under the old rules then get rained up on the new rules.....

I would be very surprised if anyone from 9th of July new rules gets a response before theyve cleared out all those under the old process so bearing that in mind and given other responses i am expecting a response by Friday this week, but will not even worry until the 12 weeks are up which is a fair way off yet....

Hi Davos as you applied 7th July which was a saturday...did your visa make it to the embassy before Monday and is it being assessed as new or old rules... same question for CPTRUFF

Anyway... hold tight everyone w'ell get there in the end, was hoping before the Olympic park closes but will just be happy to have the family here...

I had a look @ .gov website the other day and they prosessed over 150 applications in July all within 60days. Thinking the backlog should be clearing about now, or should I say hope it has. With the new rules in place it might drop the amount of submission in July onwords.

Submitted on the 4th of July and got the passport (with visa!) back on the 22nd of August.

Big thanks to all those that took the time to share their experience and help make this whole process so much less painful!

Cheers!

Email recieved an hour ago - your passport will be ready to collect at 4pm today - collected at 4pm - Settlement Visa Granted

Applied Friday 6th July - No Interviews or phone calls - Visa issued 22nd August - told to collect passport today on the 24th August - collected 24th after 4pm - but better than waiting to be honest?.

2 years instead of 5 until ILR..... definitley worth expediting before the deadline......

all done .....is all done....... Adios...& chok dee

Applied for 2 settlement visas on May the 22nd. Picked the package up from the local post office Aug 25th (as soon as the doors opened!) and found two settlement visas stuck sweetly in the passports. Many thanks for all the support and advice.

But there's always another question hiding around the corner........My wife got a spouse/cp (KOL Req) visa but my niece got "visa to acc relative". Where does this leave her with respect to getting citizenship etc? She's 12 years old so doesn't have to pass the KOL. I'm talking about the niece - not the wife before anyone chooses to misunderstand.biggrin.png

You have to be next davos . Fingers crossed for ya.

Then its our turn :) will not know what to do with myself once the visa comes,will have nothing to do... ye right!!! Sick of jumping through hoops to please people I care nothing about.