Proof Of Income For Visa Extension

The embassy web page says that they off notarial services for $30. I'm assuming that they will notarize my statement as to my monthly income and that this will be sufficient for renewal of my Non-Imm O, based on retirement.

However, the embassy site implies that I need to prepare the document to be notarized in advance. Is this in fact true, or will they prepare one based on information that you provide? Or, will they just notarize the award letter provided to me by my pension payor?

From the ACS page of the US Embassy web site American Citizens Services - Notarials:

PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WHEN YOU COME FOR A NOTARIZATION:

* The documents to be notarized.

* Identification.

* Witnesses, if necessary.

* US$30 for the first notarial seal, and $20 for each additional seal. Cash (either Baht or dollars); personal checks cannot be accepted.

That is the general notarization requirements. What you do is get in line and ask for the Thai immigration retirement income form. They will provide a form and instructions to fill it out and pay cashier in next room. You enter the information in the spaces provided and pay the fee (in baht or $) and return to window - they take form and call you when ready for signing (maybe 15 minutes). You return to window to sign and leave. If lines long (marriages aplenty time) you may spend an hour total. You will need passport but nothing else.