Irrevocable Power Of Attorney On House Buy?

Ok I want to know what you people think of this whay of secure my future house.

1.buy the house/land with usufruct

2.3 part, rent the property out for 30 years just in case my wife want to finish me of .

3.Getting a power of attorney from my wife for all that have to do with the property, so i can sell or do what I want with the property

4.i can make the power of attorney irrevocable.

ok I think point 1 and 2 are ok but 3 and 4? It would be ok in many country were laws are followed but we all know its not the way things works here. So guys start bashing me.whats wrong with my plan?

If you have an Usufruct you cannot sell the property as you dont own it, you only have use of it.

yes I dont own it but i can get a power of attorney from the owner(wife)to to any thing I want.can not see that be any different from exempel in a company were you have to power of attorney from shareholders.Or maby there is a different?

I have been informed that if you are married with a Thai you cannot obtain a Usufruct to be "certified" by the Land Office/Amphur?. Guess you should check this one out to verify.

Once you are married, you can no longer make any legally valid or binding contract with your spouse.

On divorce they can all be canceled by either party.

So it doesn't matter what you do, she can cancel it.

The best way to secure your money is to rent the house and keep YOUR money overseas.

The riskier way is to lease the house from the current owner (not your wife) for 30 years.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Once you are married, you can no longer make any legally valid or binding contract with your spouse.

The best way to secure your money is to rent the house and keep YOUR money overseas.

The riskier way is to lease the house from the current owner (not your wife) for 30 years.

ok so If we buy the property first and make the usufruct and then after its done , get married?

And I do agree 100% about the best way to keep my money overseas, but it would be nice to have a small house but I want to sell it and controll it as I want at that is the trick i guess.

ok so If we buy the property first and make the usufruct and then after its done , get married?

And I do agree 100% about the best way to keep my money overseas, but it would be nice to have a small house but I want to sell it and controll it as I want at that is the trick i guess.

Never invest more money in this country than you can afford to walk away from .

• Like 1

I have been informed that if you are married with a Thai you cannot obtain a Usufruct to be "certified" by the Land Office/Amphur?. Guess you should check this one out to verify.

I'm married to a Thai and have an usufruct ( and a yellow Tabien Baan) My wife bought the house before we were married and got the Tabien Baan ( I think) before we got married, Might have been after, can't remember! Now she has my farang surname and I have the magic book etc

Edited by msg362

I'm married to a Thai and have an usufruct ( and a yellow Tabien Baan) My wife bought the house before we were married and got the Tabien Baan ( I think) before we got married, Might have been after, can't remember! Now she has my farang surname and I have the magic book etc

Even though you have the yellow Tabien Baan, I believe the Usufruct is not enforceable by you, unless you have the co-operation of your partner, should at some time in the future you seperate from your Thai wife. Perhaps you or a member of the Forum can provide factual information on this matter