Scanning Old Photo Negatives Into A Digital Image

WinnieTheKhwai

Does anyone have experience with this? Do photo shops typically offer this? Any recommendations?

I found a billion old negatives and may want to get some back as a proper picture on screen.. (Not talking ancient here, they range roughly 1994-1999.)

I use a negative scanning attachment that sits on your scanner. I save all the negative images, then batch them through Photoshop, using the negative reversal action. They come up just as originals...

What about scanning prints; anyone got experience with getting them done in CM ?

I have done thousands over the years, and quite frankly you are far better off investing in your own scanner, depending on the quantity you want to scan. If it's only a handful I will glady scan them for you, and put them on a flash drive, Keeping the scanner bed free from dust is the secret, and wiping all photos with an "antistat" cloth before scanning.

Edited by Maejo Man

What about scanning prints; anyone got experience with getting them done in CM ?

I have done thousands over the years, and quite frankly you are far better off investing in your own scanner, depending on the quantity you want to scan. If it's only a handful I will glady scan them for you, and put them on a flash drive, Keeping the scanner bed free from dust is the secret, and wiping all photos with an "antistat" cloth before scanning.

Thanks MM, that's a kind offer. However I think I must go and buy a scanner as I have a lot and I should get them on disc or whatever. Will keep me busy for a while.