Most Women In Isaan Drink: Poll

webfact

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"The foundation's director said the drinking habit among women in the region stems from their family practice that bars them from having an independent role in the society or expressing their viewpoints."

The foundation's director is making a pretty big inferential leap here. American women are very independent and have no problem expressing their viewpoints. A great number of American women also drink alcohol. I see no causal connection between independence and freedom to express viewpoints and alcohol consumption.

My other point is...so, what? I like to have a few beers and so does my Isaan wife. Whose business is it besides our own? Why don't they survey Bangkok women and women in Surat Thani. Why focus the study solely on Isaan women? This "study" appears to me to be more of a manifestation of Thai bigotry aimed at Isaan people.

Agreed, for wife and me alcohol is not a problem, but pleasure, when we go from Bangkok to our "summer- house in Isaan we bring some wine, beer and whiskey and have a good time.

I have been living in many country´s and travelling the world as a sailor, no matter were you go (people) women like to get drunk and have a good time to forget the hardship of life.

monkeys chew on millipedes to get stoned from their yellow juice

birds eat over-ripe berries to get drunk

People drink all sorts of fermented sugars to get drunk

Difference is , monkeys and birds don't then go and beat their mates to a pulp, or drive cars in to other cars.

Does your monkey have a car?

Difference is , monkeys and birds don't then go and beat their mates to a pulp, or drive cars in to other cars.

I don't own any monkeys. If I did, I wouldn't give them 'mon keys' to drive. seriously though, how much higher are we fellow hominids on the evolutionary ladder? It's also debatable whether monkeys would make better drivers than drunk humans.

Let me ask you a question: if you had a lovely teenage daughter, would you be ok with her riding across town on the back of a motorbike ridden by a drunk Thai woman?

How many percent of Thai women are from Issan?

How many Issan women are working in beer bars?

Regarding question #2. 90% of the women working in beer bars are from Isaan. So to answer the question, some calculation must be done. smile.png

I don't own any monkeys. If I did, I wouldn't give them 'mon keys' to drive. seriously though, how much higher are we fellow hominids on the evolutionary ladder? It's also debatable whether monkeys would make better drivers than drunk humans.

Let me ask you a question: if you had a lovely teenage daughter, would you be ok with her riding across town on the back of a motorbike ridden by a drunk Thai woman?

I have a lovely teenage daughter, her birthday was yesterday and is now 13 years old. She is educated and would never put herself into that situation. She can always call us. Where can one get a monkey? Can they do house work?

From the following headlines, it does not appear that we have evolved much.

"Chimps Trade Meat for Sex -- And It Works"

"German study shows chimps trade sex for food"

"Chimpanzees exchange meat for sex"

"Chimps Trade Meat for the Chance of Sex"

"Chimps 'trade' just like humans - and some even indulge in 'the oldest profession'"

"Do Monkeys Pay for Sex?"

"It turns out that one of humanity's oldest professions may be even older than we thought"

From the following headlines, it does not appear that we have evolved much.

"Chimps Trade Meat for Sex -- And It Works"

"German study shows chimps trade sex for food"

"Chimpanzees exchange meat for sex"

"Chimps Trade Meat for the Chance of Sex"

"Chimps 'trade' just like humans - and some even indulge in 'the oldest profession'"

"Do Monkeys Pay for Sex?"

"It turns out that one of humanity's oldest professions may be even older than we thought"

Where does one buy a monkey!? Edited by FOODLOVER
  • Like 1

I've not read everything posted so far so forgive me if I am repeating what has already been said. In my partner's home village in Nan very few woman drink except on 'special' occasions. There are needless to say a considerable number of special occasions! Economics plays a big part, the men drink lao cao because its cheap. Beer and whisky/ sang som are considered luxuries and just not affordable on a daily basis. That said when we visit I generally take a box or two of Leo and the girls will drink beer while the men tend to stick to the lao cao. Thus it might be appropriate to seek a link between female drinking habits in rural Thailand with the presence of farang. Clearly, a further example of how 'westerners' are corrupting the chaste, daughters of Siam.

female drinking habits in rural Thailand with the presence of farang

Well, as the farang is paying for the beer, what do you think, are they drinking more or less? tongue.png

I don't drink any more, I don't drink any less either. biggrin.png

Well, as the farang is paying for the beer, what do you think, are they drinking more or less? tongue.png

Are you a female? unsure.png

Are you a female? unsure.png

I would imagine a shill. No topics ever posted and almost all posts in the political forum.

As a second class citizen living in a 3rd world country and working in a 4th rate industry subsidised by a 5th rate government - well you would, wouldn't you.

I thought this thread was about Thailand not Greece.

• Like 2

Isan woman drink to forget what they had to do when they were young for money to bail their families out of poverty. What would be a good poll is how many Isan women worked in the sex industry to help their poor families.

Great idea and a poll in Bangkok for how many hi so Thai Chinese ladies married well to help their families get richer than they were before the marriage.

Or we just do a poll as to how many Thai women think it is easier to fall in love with a rich guy than a poor guy?

Or why limit it to Thai women. Do a world wide poll.

Or we could just let the ladies do whatever it is they want to do without applying our male Western standards to

Asia.

Or we could take lessons getting off high horses without hurting ourselves.

• Like 1