Permits For Guest House

Not at all

Put everything is in your wife's name

Good. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day – accept this guidance as a gift on my daughter's birthday.

Edited by Slaps

Depending where you are located the restrictions might be slightly different. You might get more specific if you post location.

Hotel license is one document, Building rental tax (rong ruen). Land tax (tee din)

There is also sometimes a tax on waste producing businesses, can't remember name. Sign tax.

Then you might have a local tax to Or Bor Jor or Or Bor Tor.

I believe a hotel license is only needed for a certain number of rooms, perhaps its 5? Not sure on that number but most places will have more than that anyway.

Thanks cmsally - location is near Siam Square, four rooms.

So these taxes do apply in every case? Or only when rental income is above a certain amount?

It's airbnb.com style, like renting your own rooms - no hotel really, no guest house.

Edited by cyberholz

I doubt that with 4 rooms it would pay you to go into the tax system. But you would have to be careful about how you advertised etc As pointed out you shouldn't need hotel license. If in a condo you would have to look at their regulations.

Thanks cmsally - location is near Siam Square, four rooms.

So these taxes do apply in every case? Or only when rental income is above a certain amount?

It's airbnb.com style, like renting your own rooms - no hotel really, no guest house.

Too small for a licence and if you open it COMPLETELY in your wife's name she, as a Thai, doesn't even need to register a business registration as a one man (woman) business owned and operated by a Thai is not required to do so.