Uk Residence Permits - Required To Get A Shengen Visa For A Eu Country ?

Thai wife resident in UK with UK national husband under settlement visa based on marriage but not yet ILR wants to go to other European countries.

German website states "Furthermore, you must possess a valid Residence Permit for the UK." http://www.london.diplo.de/Vertretung/london/en/07/02__Visa/01__Schengen.html

But I read this permit as being for non UK people wanting their non EEA family to reside.

Can someone please conform what the position is for Thai spouses of UK nationals wanting to apply for visas to other EU countries and this residence permit thing.

You may find once she has exited the UK she may not be allowed back in.

Why must you always attack or mislead posters? Are you ill?

OP, your wife (like me) must have the schengen visa and her setttlemen visa (like my ILE visa) is all that is needed.

Just fill the form and photo, send your passport and copy, her passport and copy, marriage cert an copy inc English translation, no fee, one recorded evelope for return of docs and your wife will get a visa. All fine and nothing to be too serious or worried about.

Have fun.

You may find once she has exited the UK she may not be allowed back in.

Why? whistling.gif

She has a legal right to stay in the UK!

And as the spouse of an EU citizen they are obliged to issue your wife with a schengen.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL