Phuket Go-Go Dancer Survives Suicide Plunge

webfact

Phuket go-go dancer survives suicide plunge

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- A broken-hearted transgender person is in intensive care at Patong Hospital after surviving a suicide plunge from a Phuket hotel last night.

A local media report listed the identity of the survivor as “Nong Yok”, a 33-year-old dancer at a night venue named as the “Russia A-Go-Go” club.

According to the report, Nong Yok tried to end her life by jumping from a fourth-floor room near her own accommodation at the Suksabai Hotel on Soi Baan Kamnan, near Patong Municipality Offices.

Nong Yok fell two floors before landing on an awning fitted to the second floor. She suffered head trauma, a broken leg and other injuries.

Medical staff at Patong Hospital reported they were keeping her under close observation, as her psychological condition was described as “very poor”.

Nong Yong, described in the report as “beautiful”, decided to end her life after learning that her Thai boyfriend had left her for another woman.

The report noted that Nong Yok was born a man, but had already undergone gender reassignment surgery.

After learning that an up-country wedding between the couple had already been planned, she decided to end her life, according to the report.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle14946.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-05-10

Matters of the heart are can destroy a person...I can truly see and understand how this can happen. My heart was so badly broken at one time due to loss of a love one,it took me 3 years to find the pieces...I wish a full recovery for "her"...

They are talking about attempted suicide here, not some medical illness. Suicide is never an excuse. Killing yourself is never an alternative to acknowledging that sometimes life sucks. dry.png

Gender reassignment surgery? He had a sex change, for Christ's sake!

And your point is?

Well his exclamation indicates he is a fahrang of Judao-Christian belief system with all it's assumptions, prejudices and associated hypocrisies. Still we can't all be perfect smile.png

Hogwash. A bloke is a bloke is a bloke, whether they've had their equipment removed or not. Got nothing to do with screwed up western values.

• Like 1

Matters of the heart are can destroy a person...I can truly see and understand how this can happen. My heart was so badly broken at one time due to loss of a love one,it took me 3 years to find the pieces...I wish a full recovery for "her"...

They are talking about attempted suicide here, not some medical illness. Suicide is never an excuse. Killing yourself is never an alternative to acknowledging that sometimes life sucks. dry.png

Why not?

Why not?

Yeah kaowong...Why not...? Please enlighten us here...

And your point is?

Well his exclamation indicates he is a fahrang of Judao-Christian belief system with all it's assumptions, prejudices and associated hypocrisies. Still we can't all be perfect smile.png

Hogwash. A bloke is a bloke is a bloke, whether they've had their equipment removed or not. Got nothing to do with screwed up western values.

Hogwash! A woman born in a man's body is still a woman.

I think sometimes it's very easy to judge, but hard to understand.

Do you think someone who attempts suicide is sound of mind. I think they must be suffering from depression at least, or grief. I would call that temporary mental illness of sorts.

My definition of suicide is: "A long-Term solution, to an often Short-Term problem . . . ."

BTW; I find it refreshing to read so many compassionate posts here; of course there are always some callous people among us; never mind !

Hope the victim makes a full recovery and eventually find that perfect soul-mate in life, like I was so very lucky to have found ! ! !

My definition of suicide is: "A long-Term solution, to an often Short-Term problem . . . ."

BTW; I find it refreshing to read so many compassionate posts here; of course there are always some callous people among us; never mind !

Hope the victim makes a full recovery and eventually find that perfect soul-mate in life, like I was so very lucky to have found ! ! !

Well said...wai.gif Me too...She has given me the very best part of my life. Edited by TeddyFlyfisherDavis

It is well known that a mental illness is the trigger of most suicides....

It goes against all natural human thoughts to take ones own life...mental illness removes this in built mechanism.....

A Thai/Thai relationship ends with one of them trying to take their own life and the majority of postings on here are sympathetic (and quite rightly so) that a human being should be so desperately unhappy as to try to take their own life.

Why is it then that if the relationship had been Thai/Farang and the Farang jumped we would most likely have had a majority of postings saying it was their own fault for being stupid enough to fall in love?

A Thai/Thai relationship ends with one of them trying to take their own life and the majority of postings on here are sympathetic (and quite rightly so) that a human being should be so desperately unhappy as to try to take their own life.

Why is it then that if the relationship had been Thai/Farang and the Farang jumped we would most likely have had a majority of postings saying it was their own fault for being stupid enough to fall in love?

No, the majority would have said it is not suicide but murder. He must have been pushed.

And your point is?

You are pretty well read on exclamation marks!!!

And your point is?

Well you are wrong. A woman is a women, and some are born into a man's body. Sorry to break it to you.

Hogwash! A woman born in a man's body is still a woman.

Gender Identity Crisis is just a fancy western term for someone with psychological issues. Most likely inflicted upon them during their formative years by their parents. Why do you think it is referred to as a "disorder" in medical texts?

As I said before, there is no such thing as a woman being born into a man's body.

And your point is?

Judeo Christian theology does accept gender reassignment surgery in many cases.

Not everyone is a pentecostal or ultra orthodox jew.

Sorry, but its the genes that control the development. People are born with all sorts of bits and pieces that do not fit with the gender assigned by the hormones flowing whilst the fetus is developing. Sometimes the "blueprints" the genes hold are defective. You might wish to read up on gonadal differentiation. It is not disputed by any reputable scientist. Do you really want a lecture in embryology?

most ladyboys are ok until they get drunk then the man comes out i have seen it happen there f@@ked up in the head with yaba and drink,.

I can't say I have enough experience of ladyboys to make such a statement - I good to have someone with in depth knowledge and expertise on the board.

most ladyboys are ok until they get drunk then the man comes out i have seen it happen there f@@ked up in the head with yaba and drink,.

Glad to see you counted them all and watched them all to be able to come up with this statement. Somebody had to do it, I'm glad it wasn't me.

I get quite a chuckle about how nervous some male falang are around ladyboys. Probably due to utter ignorance.

Thais seem to be blithely accepting of them as a normal part of their society. Good for them!!!!

You mean Thais seem comfortable about something they've been around since birth.

And Westerners seem uncomfortable about something they've never really been exposed to.

Well, I hope your thesis will be made public when you complete it.

• Like 2