Crackdown On People Who Watch Movies Or Use Mobile Phones While Driving: Thailand

webfact

I always did think those aftermarket DVD players were madness. I nearly got sideswiped last week overtaking some moron in a pickup who wandered over the white line of a dual carriageway because he was watching the TV. At the risk of being a "Thai knocker" you definitely need both eyes on the road driving in LOS. At least with the factory fitted ones you can't watch them from the front while the vehicle is in gear. As it should be.

I bought a Isuzu Cab 4 with a Kenwood originally installed that not only can I see behind me in reverse but I can watch music videos and DVD's if I choose while I am motoring around. I do not choose.

My friends MU- 7 with the Kenwood i -genie system will certainly not let the front seat passengers watch anything. As soon as the vehicle is put in gear the front screen goes blank.

That's probably an unintentional fault rather than an intended feature!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the darkened windows make it impossible for anyone to see inside most of the cars on the road, how do they plan to enforce this law? They tried before, and failed - for precisely this reason,

And if I remember well, the very dark tint was actually made illegal about 10 years ago after casing out and robbing a bank using a car with completely blacked out windows which prevented the security cameras from seeing into the car. It had nothing to do with road safety.

I see the ban has really been enforced with success, I never see any vehicles in Thailand with completely blacked out windows... until I wake up, open my eyes and walk outside that is!

Since the darkened windows make it impossible for anyone to see inside most of the cars on the road, how do they plan to enforce this law? They tried before, and failed - for precisely this reason,

And if I remember well, the very dark tint was actually made illegal about 10 years ago after casing out and robbing a bank using a car with completely blacked out windows which prevented the security cameras from seeing into the car. It had nothing to do with road safety.

I can remember watching a news broadcast on that where the police had stopped a minibus and were making the driver peel off the film inside, the cheap very dark stickon one. When finished the driver closed all the inside curtains and drove off.smile.png

I always did think those aftermarket DVD players were madness. I nearly got sideswiped last week overtaking some moron in a pickup who wandered over the white line of a dual carriageway because he was watching the TV. At the risk of being a "Thai knocker" you definitely need both eyes on the road driving in LOS. At least with the factory fitted ones you can't watch them from the front while the vehicle is in gear. As it should be.

I bought a Isuzu Cab 4 with a Kenwood originally installed that not only can I see behind me in reverse but I can watch music videos and DVD's if I choose while I am motoring around. I do not choose.

My friends MU- 7 with the Kenwood i -genie system will certainly not let the front seat passengers watch anything. As soon as the vehicle is put in gear the front screen goes blank.

That's probably an unintentional fault rather than an intended feature!

the screen shouldn't go blank but once the parking brake is disengaged then dvd video will not play on the front monitor - not even from USB - you should have the SRC screen where you can control the dvd/video - also some phone functions are greyed out.