Thailand Needs Cricket

INDEED SIR!

May I recommend that Yingluk employs a team of batsmen to travel the country gentle tapping down any slight bumps there may be in the roads....

Some of your earlier deliveries were a little obvious, your second spell with the new ball has proven much more engaging.

I feel sadly that more then one has gone through to the keeper

Am I glad to see you back. Thought I was going to have to handle the lot on my own,

Captain

Vice Captajn

Drink boy

and what ever else

including ... and I must stress this.........COACH of the CHEER SQUAD rolleyes.gif

I'll drive the coach for the cheer squad

EDIT: SO long as you boys can flatten out the bumps.

No, in the road...

Your on. That gives me time for other thing. And don't ask.smile.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

INDEED SIR!

May I recommend that Yingluk employs a team of batsmen to travel the country gentle tapping down any slight bumps there may be in the roads....

Some of your earlier deliveries were a little obvious, your second spell with the new ball has proven much more engaging.

I have to admit that I am more of a rugger bugger and am having difficulty handling your smooth red balls. I had to give up my interest in Rugger because my man boobs were getting too tempting for some in a loose scrum.

But you, kevjohn were selected because you could make decisions under pressure.

With the introduction of Aussiechris and his love for beach cricket ... we have to have options for all situations.

post-104736-0-44092400-1336809265_thumb.

kevjohn, as their manager, do you suggest that we have 2 separate Cheer Leading squads or a lager single one so that routines can be co-ordinated?

Additionally ... post-104736-0-00509600-1336809544_thumb.

May I get involved in the Leer squad. I can provide references....mainly from Strangeways....but what is better than a Government letter of recommendation..??

Request denied ... the "Leer squad" squad should be firmly focused on the activities of the Cricket match ... the Cheer Squad is purely for the lunch time entertainment.

Please refrain from lowering the tone of an important discussion about the potential future of Thailand’s sporting heritage.

Couldn't I just tell them that it is just a traditional cucumber sandwich??

INDEED SIR!

I have to admit that I am more of a rugger bugger and am having difficulty handling your smooth red balls. I had to give up my interest in Rugger because my man boobs were getting too tempting for some in a loose scrum.

But this not to do with footy. This is to do with CRICKET...... right!

re post #167

I was wondering that too.

I was thinking of using the girls from your photo as one squad and the girls from the other photo,

can't remember who posted it, as a back up squad.

What might your thoughts be on that idear.

Don't worry, what ever you say won't offend me.

I have very thick skin.thumbsup.gif

Dear John kevjohn, maybe we have made a mistake promoting someone so early in their career as you seem to be cracking under pressure.

Myself, David48 as the Promotions Manager have presented ALL the personal for your assessment, but now you seem overwhelmed with the task.

Maybe you would need an assistant and plopmeister has indicated his/her willingness to assist.

Are you up to the task or need help?

Edited by David48

INDEED SIR!

We may have a problem.

What about all that huggen and bum slappen we see on the TV when they reach a ton.

Is that going to be allowed? ermm.gif

INDEED SIR!

Agree...and so far feel that my moobs are in safe hands....

re post #167

I was thinking of using the girls from your photo as one squad and the girls from the other photo,

Dear John kevjohn, maybe we have made a mistake promoting someone so early in their career as you seem to be cracking under pressure.

Myself, David48 as the Promotions Manager have presented ALL the personal for your assessment, but now you seem overwhelmed with the task.

Maybe you would need an assistant and plopmeister has indicated his/her willingness to assist.

I was thinking more of a sponge boy for the Cheerleaders..Any inadvertant fumbling with my hands could be put down to my natural English instincts..

re post #167

Myself David48 as the Promotions Manager have presenter ALL the personal for your assessment, but now you seem overwhelmed with the task.

If he wishes.

I will use all the help I can get.

Thanks for being so understanding.

Must take a tea break as the boss is calling and I don't want my hot dinner put in the freezer. O NO whistling.gif

re post #167

Myself David48 as the Promotions Manager have presenter ALL the personal for your assessment, but now you seem overwhelmed with the task.

If he wishes.

Must take a tea break as the boss is calling and I don't want my hot dinner put in the freezer. O NO whistling.gif

You have a dog called freezer??..oops sorry I didn't know you had a speach impediment and meant caeser...

brit1984 ... maybe time for a little parental control and a gentle guiding of your thread back in your direction as in the first post.

Mind you ... we did have some fun blocking a few deliveries and hitting the odd one for six ... a fine innings indeed!

DRINKS BREAK ...

brit1984 ... maybe time for a little parental control and a gentle guiding of your thread back in your direction as in the first post.

Mind you ... we did have some fun blocking a few deliveries and hitting the odd one for six ... a fine innings indeed!

DRINKS BREAK ...

We could go back to pondering the pros and con of thais playing cricket while driving but I'm sure the OP will

come up with something more.

I can't think of any more topics as my time is now taken up full time making use of plopmeister assistance.ermm.gif

Edited by kevjohn

Since the last thread update I provided, we have identified a couple more issues that cricket could help with; the list of practical example we have discussed is currently as follows:

1. better driving and road safety awareness (including for pedestrians)

2. an end to the "face" culture

3. better building / construction standards

4. a reduction in scam artists

5. fairer police

6. an end to Bangkok's flood problems

7. less bumpy roads upcountry

Can anyone think of more practical problems that could be solved by cricket?

Can anyone think of any problems that cannot be solved by cricket?

DRINKS BREAK ...

We could go back to pondering the pros and con of thais playing cricket while driving but I'm sure the OP will

come up with something more.

I can't think of any more topics as my time is now taken up full time making use of plopmeister assistance.ermm.gif

I understand why I was allocated this job as Coach.

No one else could handle working with so many beautiful young ladies.

No need to say anything as I know what you all are thinking.wink.pngclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Since the last thread update I provided, we have identified a couple more issues that cricket could help with; the list of practical example we have discussed is currently as follows:

5. fairer police

Less critisism of all things Thai.

I love em....... they make wonderfull cricketers.thumbsup.gif

Edited by kevjohn

re post #167

If he wishes.

You have a dog called freezer??..oops sorry I didn't know you had a speach impediment and meant caeser...

Nope but I did have a goat called.............. wait for it.........

Nannybiggrin.png

Hey David 48

When is this assistant going to pull his pads on and give me a little help.

Looks like I will just have to follow that old saying...

If you want a job done rite then do it youself. sad.png

Now TV spell check........ did I get that rite

Edited by kevjohn

5. fairer police

Less critisism of all thing Thai.

I agree, the Thai people have the potential to be great cricketers, as do all nationalities (except the Americans)

It cannot be denied that Thailand has a few minor imperfections, as do all countries (except Singapore apparently)

Cricket can only be a force for good; we just need this initial discussion to identify all the potential benefits before we can move onto the next step of presenting my plan (now our plan) to the Thai government

Edit: anyone thought of any problems cricket can't solve yet? (even if just to be the exception that proves the rule)

Edited by brit1984

New innings so lets start with a safe shot....Surely the most obvious improvement would be a return to traditional cricket whites. Only their skill with the bat and ball will count, not what colour they are wearing...

Yet again, you have raised a very good point

Cricket in Thailand should, of course, be encouraged only its traditional form (including wearing whites)

I think the Thai people will learn that by wearing all whites, and having regular drinks break, it is possible to spend an afternoon in the sun without being burnt to death

Thai fashion standards could also be improved if the young and trendy started to wear cricket jumpers in the bars and restaurants

New innings so lets start with a safe shot....Surely the most obvious improvement would be a return to traditional cricket whites. Only their skill with the bat and ball will count, not what colour they are wearing...

Cricket in Thailand should, of course, be encouraged only its traditional form (including wearing whites)

I think the Thai people will learn that by wearing all whites, and having regular drinks break, it is possible to spend an afternoon in the sun without being burnt to death

Thai fashion standards could also be improved if the young and trendy started to wear cricket jumpers in the bars and restaurants

Or dare I say it.....tank tops...Or is there a new word for this wonderfull piece of clothing...

5. fairer police

I agree, the Thai people have the potential to be great cricketers, as do all nationalities (except the Americans)

It cannot be denied that Thailand has a few minor imperfections, as do all countries (except Singapore apparently)

Cricket can only be a force for good; we just need this initial discussion to identify all the potential benefits before we can move onto the next step of presenting my plan (now our plan) to the Thai government

Edit: anyone thought of any problems cricket can't solve yet? (even if just to be the exception that proves the rule)

To the Thai Government.

Why wasn't I told that this was going to go to such height.

Typical. Keep the cheer squad coach in the dark.w00t.gif

Edited by kevjohn

Or dare I say it.....tank tops...Or is there a new word for this wonderfull piece of clothing...

Unless of course you are an umpire and can't work out how to tie it around your stomach......This predicament could be put to Yingluk now that the flood and inflation problems are solved...Should be a doddle..

5. fairer police

To the Thai Government.

Why wasn't I told that this was going to go to such height.

Typical. Keep the cheer squad coach in the dark.w00t.gif

I mentioned in the OP that government or NGOs would need to take a lead on this programme

It would of course be easier for the government as they can influence the school curriculum

Edit: another possibility would be for private enterprise to promote cricket in the hope of turning into a profitable industry in Thailand (in which case the positive benefits for Thai society would still exist as positive externalities)

Edited by brit1984

Just goes to show.... what I read yesterday has taken 2nd place today .

As I said in another thread.........I must be getting oldsad.png

Edited by kevjohn

I nominate theblether as the captain of the TV team. thumbsup.gif

Are you sure we should have a Scot captaining the team.

My only experience of Scottish cricket was when I had tickets for the ICC world cup game in Leicester for Scotland v West Indies with Brian Lara as captain. We were all set for a decent day of exhibition cricket, despite having all our beer confiscated on the way in, but unfortunately, having won the toss, Scotland decided to bat.

It was all over pretty quickly though the WI did get some pretty impressive bowling figures in - unfortunately I missed most of the match queuing at the bar for the one round we managed to get in before it all was over.

Mike Denness?

'cough' as I remember 'Cricket' is the product name of a disposable cigarette lighter...

and, yes there is Jiminy Cricket; an animated Walt Disney character who had a homosexual relationship with the puppet Pinocchio which was sublimated by the censors in the 1950s...

English perversion in SE Asia should be discouraged...