Thailand Needs Cricket

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

O! No 5 days? People must be out of their minds but then again every one to their own.

Me ....I like being cheer squad coach.

Kevjohn relegated to the IPL. Real cricket doesn't have cheer squads.

IPL Please explain. As said in post 265, I know nothing. But i still can't get over that 5 day thing.

Indian Premier League; it actually has cheerleaders.

You're a good Aussie, Kevjohn; talks big about cricket, but can't play it. Good on you, mate.

The IPL 20-20 games are great; cheerleaders, and you're still sober enough to get a taxi home at the end of it.

WOW Great........ just scord my first aussie mate.

You don't think I'm an Aussie, do you? Perish the thought.

IB an Antipodean - oh how we laughed!

kenwhitameenanatjimmy?

I was a bit surprised you were a cricket fan, though

The IPL 20-20 games are great; cheerleaders, and you're still sober enough to get a taxi home at the end of it.

If you go to the toilet, you might miss a whole innings.

Do you mean to say that you spend hours on the loo...... what...reading the sport in the Sunday Tele.

Edited by kevjohn

Do you mean to say that you spend hours on the loo...... what...reading the sport in the Sunday Tele.

Poor diet from eating snacks at the IPL.

I tried that Harrisons 600 beer - it was like the stuff you use for cleaning whiteboards; I was completely blank afterwards, not even a trace of recollection...

SC

So how can cricket improve, or offer variety?

Well an addition to consider ...

Cricket, being a sport mainly played and enjoyed by those with a good grasp of the English language, the Thai people, playing Cricket would naturally have to develop a greater understanding of the English language.

OH, brit1984 ... apologies if some of things I mention have already been identified because I have been burning the midnight oil selecting the candidates for kevjohn to work with.

Plus, when things got tough, I had to do duel interviews simultaneously.

I do hope you appreciate the work effort to date.

Edited by David48

So what follows naturally on from above is that the increased use of the English language requires more teaching.

Which requires more English Teachers.

More opportunities for those who naturally speak English.

Some of whom will be Poms and Aussies who will, in turn, revel in the increased play of Cricket.

Edited by David48

That's just it; IPL doesn't last hours.

Cricket, being a sport mainly played and enjoyed by those with a good grasp of the English language, the Thai people, playing Cricket would naturally have to develop a greater understanding of the English language.

OH, brit1984 ... apologies if some of things I mention have already been identified because I have been burning the midnight oil selecting the candidates for kevjohn to work with.

I unserstand why all my interviews went off without a hiccup.smile.png

To update..........due to the time difference I have offered my services as bowler.

quote 221 , I think, will give you more detail.thumbsup.gif

IB an Antipodean - oh how we laughed!

kenwhitameenanatjimmy?

I was a bit surprised you were a cricket fan, though

I've been called lots of things, SC... and I prefer Jimmy!

I've been a cricket fan since I was a boy of 9... and that's an awful long while ago.

Well I've been organising computer lessons for our Thai umpires so that they know what to do as 3rd Umpire.

More details in quote #263 Just need to tell you these thing so that you know I have been doing my little bit.whistling.gif

Edited by kevjohn

I did mention that cricket could improve English language skills in post #1 but it is one point that deserves further discussion

India is probably the best and most obvious example of what cricket can achieve in this regard

I did mention that cricket could improve English language skills in post #1 but it is one point that deserves further discussion

sorry brit1984 ... your first post was so yesterday ... and over 20 girls ago.

OH ... Ok then ... have we done 'Planning'?

We all have had experience with 'Thai Planning'.

They will need a rigorous change there.

The planning of the test matches followed by the one dayers and the possibility of the 20/20 over matches.

Or should the 20/20 matches be left for the kids to develop their interest at an early age?

Edited by David48

sorry brit1984 ... your first post was so yesterday ... and over 20 girls ago.

When you say "20 girls ago" I hope you are referring to the thread

The planning of the test matches followed by the one dayers and the possibility of the 20/20 over matches.

Or should the 20/20 matches be left for the kids to develop their interest at an early age?

Indeed we mentioned planning in reference to Thai builders and flood defences for Bangkok

However, as you correctly identify it is obviously a much wider issue affecting many areas of Thai society

As a newly industrialised (and still growing) economy, Thailand is a country is faced with many important decisions about which path to take for the future; cricket could help guide Thailand as it navigates its way along this great journey

Now we are getting down to the nitti grittismile.png

Maybe we should play the 20/20's first then the one dayers and last, but not least, the tests.

Reason.....tests go for 5 days ........so I'm told..... so that our cheer squads are not worn out, they can

build up to the longer periods of play.wink.png

Edited by kevjohn

Indeed we mentioned planning in reference to Thai builders and flood defences for Bangkok

However, as you correctly identify it is obviously a much wider issue affecting many areas of Thai society

As a newly industrialised (and still growing) economy, Thailand is a country is faced with many important decisions about which path to take for the future; cricket could help guide Thailand as it navigates its way along this great journey

I think it is worth adding that when I talk about cricket helping Thailand on this point (and more generally), I really mean cricket can help Thailand to help itself

Spot on

Wish I had your foresight to see these things and adjust our game of cricket to accommodate these situations.wai.gif

Why does Thailand need cricket.....enough people running round in slips (and all the rest of the gear) and lots of sex tourists bowling the maiden over.

No No Harry

These are the things that we are trying to address by introducing this great game into the Thai way of lifesmile.png

In a related theme ...

England have the Barmy Army. OH BTW ... I reckon the Barmy Army is just brilliant.

How you Poms have both the soccer hooliganism and the Barmy Army stretches my reasoning.

So, for the Thai team supporters ... what form would they take?

Would they adopt the Barmy Army approach?

Be a little Calypso inspired?

From above

Jimmy leads the Barmy Army in Melbourne.

Unfortunately we Aussies have no creditable reply to this.

Maybe the harmony and unison of the love of Cricket might be able to bring real pressure on what the Thai Government is trying for with a political answer to reunification.

Imagine the Yellows and Reds singing together … we are the Thailand!

A collaborative unified voice.

There you go brit1984 … I knew I had one good point in me … or have you covered that from this angle also?

Oh … even the duck makes an appearance!

Look for the duck at about the 1.20 mark.

From above

Jimmy leads the Barmy Army in Melbourne.

Unfortunately we Aussies have no creditable reply to this.

Maybe the harmony and unison of the love of Cricket might be able to bring real pressure on what the Thai Government is trying for with a political answer to reunification.

There you go brit1984 … I knew I had one good point in me … or have you covered that from this angle also?

Oh … even the duck makes an appearance!

Look for the duck at about the 1.20 mark.

Thanks David - although plopmeister did refer (implicitly) to this point (post #201) it is worth making it explicit

I will add reconciliation between all Thai people on both sides of the political divide to the list

Thanks David - although plopmeister did refer (implicitly) to this point (post #201) it is worth making it explicit

I will add reconciliation between all Thai people on both sides of the political divide to the list

Humm, I thought that I bought a new perspective to the discussion, but apparently I am behind the times.

Thus being out of my depth and will humbly retire from this thread.

Position of Promotions Manager now open.

Good Night and Good Luck.

Now we are getting down to the nitti grittismile.png

Maybe we should play the 20/20's first then the one dayers and last, but not least, the tests.

Reason.....tests go for 5 days ........so I'm told..... so that our cheer squads are not worn out, they can

build up to the longer periods of play.wink.png

But if there is too large a gap ( snigger) then their periods may interfere with play...I understand that they can be quite messy when rubbed against cricket whites...Although the stain can be blamed on rubbing the new ball of course....not that I have done so myself...

Which then leads to the question of choreographry and costume...What do they wear and do they have to be taught to dance Isaan cos they have never been there...? I mean they could wear red costumes but then get embarressed when all they know how to dance to is status quo..

In order for me to further demonstrate how cricket can help Thai society, please could people remind me of any imperfections they have noticed over here?

Can't say that I've noticed any.

SC

I remember a thread in the motor forum. Something about tyre pressure.

Maybe britt1984 can suggest how cricket may solve that problem

or when theblether is back on deck, he may be able to enlighten us.wink.png

Cricket is a great game for statistics, and the ability to accurately recall batting averages, run rates, or other feats of pelmanism will stand you in good stead when trying to recall the appropriate pressure for your vehicle in the prevailing conditions and route ahead.

The ability to calcuate target run rates on the fly will help you judge the fuel needed to reach your destination economically, without carrying excess, and hours spent at the batting crease will give you the patience to drive economically yet briskly, when required

SC

Very funny and a most amusing thread and I love cricket also!!!!