Thailand Needs Cricket

OH ... Ok then ... have we done 'Planning'?

We all have had experience with 'Thai Planning'.

They will need a rigorous change there.

The planning of the test matches followed by the one dayers and the possibility of the 20/20 over matches.

Or should the 20/20 matches be left for the kids to develop their interest at an early age?

Now we are getting down to the nitti grittismile.png

Maybe we should play the 20/20's first then the one dayers and last, but not least, the tests.

Reason.....tests go for 5 days ........so I'm told..... so that our cheer squads are not worn out, they can

build up to the longer periods of play.wink.png

But if there is too large a gap ( snigger) then their periods may interfere with play...I understand that they can be quite messy when rubbed against cricket whites...Although the stain can be blamed on rubbing the new ball of course....not that I have done so myself...

Which then leads to the question of choreographry and costume...What do they wear and do they have to be taught to dance Isaan cos they have never been there...? I mean they could wear red costumes but then get embarrassed when all they know how to dance to is status quo..

Just had a shocking memory of Thai Bankokians visiting me when I lived in Isaan..Their dancing can only be described as the Ted Heath shoulder shrug..if we get the right girls we can stop the city boys dancing to korean music!!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are now past 300 posts and still nobody has thought of any problems in Thailand that can't be solved by cricket...

...or are you just being shy?

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

S'not fair this thread. I dunno hardly anythin' 'bout cricket. I was too busy watchin' the girls play hockey. w00t.gif

And fantasising that one day you will be a girl?

Anyway, no cricket knowledge is required for participation in this thread; are you aware of any imperfections of Thailand?

S'not fair this thread. I dunno hardly anythin' 'bout cricket. I was too busy watchin' the girls play hockey. w00t.gif

And fantasising that one day you will be a girl?

Anyway, no cricket knowledge is required for participation in this thread; are you aware of any imperfections of Thailand?

I'm a leg by my stump man. wink.png

Thread update:

So far we have agreed on the following areas where cricket can help Thailand:

1. better driving and road safety awareness (including for pedestrians)

2. an end to the "face" culture

3. an end to the "up to you" culture

4. better building / construction standards

5. a reduction in scam artists

6. fairer police

7. an end to Bangkok's flood problems

8. less bumpy roads upcountry

9. more tolerance for sunshine

10. less single mothers

11. reconciliation of all Thai people on both sides of the political divide

12. English language skills

13. better use of computers / technology

14. improved economic planning

Can anyone think of any problems that cannot be solved by cricket?

or

Can anyone think of any other problems / imperfections in Thailand?

The offside rule?

I assume you were trying to say an appreciation of the laws of cricket should make it easy for Thai people to understand other rules and laws, entailing a more peaceful and civil society; I agree

The offside rule?

I assume you were trying to say an appreciation of the laws of cricket should make it easy for Thai people to understand other rules and laws, entailing a more peaceful and civil society; I agree

I agree too.........if it meens being Cheer Squad coach for our team.clap2.gif

Thread update:

So far we have agreed on the following areas where cricket can help Thailand:

1. better driving and road safety awareness (including for pedestrians)

2. an end to the "face" culture

3. an end to the "up to you" culture

4. better building / construction standards

5. a reduction in scam artists

6. fairer police

7. an end to Bangkok's flood problems

8. less bumpy roads upcountry

9. more tolerance for sunshine

10. less single mothers

11. reconciliation of all Thai people on both sides of the political divide

12. English language skills

13. better use of computers / technology

14. improved economic planning

or

OK guys.....have done some research and found that Thailand is OFF the list of countries that

play cricket

Here http://wiki.answers....es_play_cricket

So how about we make that one of the reasons for our Thai guests to learn this noble game.wink.png

Some of these countries are really at the top of the list.

You may notice that 2 or 3 were an after thought

And just think.........no need to go back to your home country if you really love playing.clap2.gif

So come on guys............ seeing that I am geeting so excited, lets have it all up and running

for when I come back to live.thumbsup.gif

PS I will still carry on as Cheer Squad coach until then.smile.png

Edited by kevjohn

I could be away for some time as my extra research may take a little time. ermm.gif

Google brings up about 34 million pages so it may take me an hour or two. smile.png

Feel free to add anymore helpfull pointer............especilally if they will help

out with coaching.

Have to away now, to do more reading, but I hope it will not be too long. coffee1.gif

PS I may be deaf, but I did that comment. sick.gif

Edited by kevjohn

What, still at it, Kev? Keep it up for another day, and you can claim a five-day Test... with the usual result, a draw.

And Wiki's wrong, isn't it?

Sorry......... not for me to say whether they are wrong or just 'Not spot on"

I'm only the researcher.wink.png

34million pages......... to many for me to edit.smile.png

I'd have to go and research........How many pages does Wili make false statments in.

Just Googled and I get about.......take not of this...... about 516 million pages.whistling.gif

This is starting to look like a lifetime project........this lifeermm.gif , and the nextermm.gif ...and the nextermm.gif ...and the nextermm.gif

so there goes my "Another Day"cheesy.gif

hope you guys come back and help in the nextermm.gif ...and the nextermm.gif ...and the nextermm.gif

How can cricket reduce the tax imposed on imported wine...of which I have imbibed excessevly tonight.....again!

and how can cricket teach the buggers how to make decent wine themselves..?

How else can a man of my age, stature and build EVER get a chance at our cheerleaders when they are surrounded by you handsome lot other than getting them blotto ??

How can cricket reduce the tax imposed on imported wine...of which I have imbibed excessevly tonight.....again!

How else can a man of my age, stature and build EVER get a chance at our cheerleaders when they are surrounded by you handsome lot other than getting them blotto ??

Don't worry my dear assistant coach.wink.png

I will make sure that you have ever chance of access to our cheer leaders.

I lock all the handsome lot up.whistling.gif

See.........problem solved.thumbsup.gif

Now..........about that decent wine.........well, I can't help there

but I do hope that I can get a decent cup of coffee.coffee1.gif

Cracking! So, as driver of the cheerleaders' coach, random blokes are going to come up proferring libations to get me steam boats so's they can get closer to the cheerleaders? There's more to this cricket than I thought. A billion indians clearly are not wrong....

A good five day test (or a poor one) is an opportunity to learn - doh, can you believe that my vocabulary fails me; not restraint, not moderation, but patience and endurance; the ability to drink a gross surfeit interminably slowly and without ill natured or violent excess. whereas to achieve the same with wine rather than beer would call for rstraint and moderation, either one of which may be hard to find but together are scarcely credible.

SC

Cracking! So, as driver of the cheerleaders' coach, random blokes are going to come up proferring libations to get me steam boats so's they can get closer to the cheerleaders? There's more to this cricket than I thought. A billion indians clearly are not wrong....

A good five day test (or a poor one) is an opportunity to learn - doh, can you believe that my vocabulary fails me; not restraint, not moderation, but patience and endurance; the ability to drink a gross surfeit interminably slowly and without ill natured or violent excess. whereas to achieve the same with wine rather than beer would call for rstraint and moderation, either one of which may be hard to find but together are scarcely credible.

SC

OK..... I believe you SC. ermm.gif

Another update on this highly envolved research into this noble game.

It's going well...wink.png

O! boy O boy......almost died of shock.....or maybe heart attack....sad.png x100

but this is something that I come accross in my research.

Only look if you are in good health.....ermm.gif

http://wiki.answers...._a_cricket_live

I was starting to think that cricket was not so good for a long and healthy life....

but......then I relised I was reading about a different "cricket" thank the good lord for that.

Well..... now that I have survived that shock.....back to the research.thumbsup.gif

Edited by kevjohn

O! boy O boy......almost died of shock.....or maybe heart attack....sad.png x100

I was starting to think that cricket was not so good for a long and healthy life....

but......then I relised I was reading about a different "cricket" thank the good lord for that.

Well..... now that I have survived that shock.....back to the research.thumbsup.gif

Thank you for taking your responsibilities so seriously

With such an attitude, we may still be able to make a decent batsman of you

Thank you for taking your responsibilities so seriously

With such an attitude, we may still be able to make a decent batsman of you

O! Thank you....I do hope that I can live up to those high expectations that you have of me....sad.pngthumbsup.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by kevjohn

While browsing the TV forum earlier, I came across one more reason Thailand needs cricket... namely, to address the feckless work ethic of many Thai workers... for example, I have often observed Thai shop assistants sleeping in the shop (sometimes even when they are the only employee present)... participation in cricket, especially by promoting greater concentration, could engender an improved work ethic among Thai workers

While browsing the TV forum earlier, I came across one more reason Thailand needs cricket... namely, to address the feckless work ethic of many Thai workers... for example, I have often observed Thai shop assistants sleeping in the shop (sometimes even when they are the only employee present)... participation in cricket, especially by promoting greater concentration, could engender an improved work ethic among Thai workers

Now that could come in at the top of the list

just behind.....( 1 ) better driving and road safety awareness.

If this keeps up, we may need to start another book.............or 2.....whistling.gif

edit

Forgot to mention...the old body is back to about 80%.wink.png

Some posters seam to think that I spend a lot of time on this forum

but.........if they were as old as me and spent 12 hours in one day practicing bowling,

something I have never done before, then they would know why...whistling.gif

Edited by kevjohn

or

Even though I have been disendorsed as the promotions manager, I still take a passing interest.

One issue that might be not be able to be resoled is the third umpires decision and how that is adjudicated and witnessed by the crowd.

For example, after a decision request from the umpire, the green light is given ... but that means stop (at the crease).

But, if the Batsman is out then the red light is given ... which means go (leave the crease)

Much like most of Bangkok’s traffic ...

or

Even though I have been disendorsed as the promotions manager, I still take a passing interest.

One issue that might be not be able to be resoled is the third umpires decision and how that is adjudicated and witnessed by the crowd.

For example, after a decision request from the umpire, the green light is given ... but that means stop (at the crease).

But, if the Batsman is out then the red light is given ... which means go (leave the crease)

Much like most of Bangkok’s traffic ...

What happens if they are colour blind?

Maybe they could get the 3rd umpire's decision via their ear phones plug into their phone or ipad....clap2.gif

The offside rule?

I heard a rumour...is it true....has PoorSucker applied to join the cheer squad? giggle.gif

The offside rule?

I heard a rumour...is it true....has PoorSucker applied to join the cheer squad? giggle.gif

To far back but I do believe that

someone offered him up as the assistant's assistantclap2.gif .....Understand...whistling.gif

Edited by kevjohn

someone offered him up as the assistant's assistantclap2.gif .....Understand...whistling.gif

I would MUCH prefer a GoodSucker to a PoorSucker amoungst the Cheer Leaders. Do we have a BloodyExcellentSucker on here??.

I would MUCH prefer a GoodSucker to a PoorSucker amoungst the Cheer Leaders. Do we have a BloodyExcellentSucker on here??.

You?.......sad.pngermm.gifcheesy.gif

You?.......sad.pngermm.gifcheesy.gif

One never knows ones boundaries