Thailand Needs Cricket

What about the age selection of the team?

Should it be played in the spirit of the relationships we currently see in Thailand?

Sort of an intergereration theme.

Old and young, young and old alike.

We don't want middle aged WASPs playing with themselves.

But we do have a health and safty issue to consider as well.

Plus we don't want the old buggers scoring a duck because of a rush of blood to an older member.

Imagine ole Pattaya Pat post-104736-0-48772100-1337664282_thumb. in a stand with Australians Lara Bingle post-104736-0-11356800-1337664334_thumb.

We wouldn't want him to hit a rash shot just to get off the mark and down her end.

Just a note to those less knowledgeable, that is actually a photo of Australia's famous Lara Bingle taken at the SCG (Sydney Cricket Ground) ... some sort of promotion for the game.

EDIT:- Quiet nod to SC ...

Well I'm glad we got off the topic of drinking sensibly, or the whole thread would have been doomed.

The Thailand v China ladies' cricket from the Asian games didn't have any Lara Bingles, by the way.

In fact, I didn't recognise any of them...

SC

Yep.....I knew it......When I saw your driving I thought.....SC needs some new glasses.

I will get a new pair too you.....second hand but no scratches...smile.png

I'll accept any glasses, so long as they're not empty.

I have friends who are always encouraging me to get a new pair of glasses...

SC

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you been following cricket recently? The last Players vs Gentlemen game was in 1962!

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Boy, doesn't that year bring back memories..sad.png

Thats the year I left schoool and started working to feed my self....rolleyes.gif

Have you been following cricket recently? The last Players vs Gentlemen game was in 1962!

Thats the year I left schoool and started working to feed my self....rolleyes.gif

Are you a subsistence farmer?

What about the age selection of the team?

Should it be played in the spirit of the relationships we currently see in Thailand?

Sort of an intergereration theme.

Old and young, young and old alike.

We don't want middle aged WASPs playing with themselves.

But we do have a health and safty issue to consider as well.

Plus we don't want the old buggers scoring a duck because of a rush of blood to an older member.

Imagine ole Pattaya Pat post-104736-0-48772100-1337664282_thumb. in a stand with Australians Lara Bingle post-104736-0-11356800-1337664334_thumb.

We wouldn't want him to hit a rash shot just to get off the mark and down her end.

Just a note to those less knowledgeable, that is actually a photo of Australia's famous Lara Bingle taken at the SCG (Sydney Cricket Ground) ... some sort of promotion for the game.

EDIT:- Quiet nod to SC ...

Well I'm glad we got off the topic of drinking sensibly, or the whole thread would have been doomed.

The Thailand v China ladies' cricket from the Asian games didn't have any Lara Bingles, by the way.

In fact, I didn't recognise any of them...

SC

Yep.....I knew it......When I saw your driving I thought.....SC needs some new glasses.

I will get a new pair too you.....second hand but no scratches...smile.png

I'll accept any glasses, so long as they're not empty.

I have friends who are always encouraging me to get a new pair of glasses...

SC

Don't think much of you friendssad.png .....can't even get you a pair of glasses..ermm.gif

Well, just goes to shows how cricket can bring people together..wink.png

Are you a subsistence farmer?

No...I'm a corn, beef and veggie farmer but I grow milk on the side...smile.png

post-147205-0-35892300-1337674987_thumb.

Who come you can find all these photos of Lara.smile.png

I tried to find some but when I try to open the photo

my computer over heats.sad.png

Please.......some advice..wink.png

Edited by kevjohn

post-147205-0-35892300-1337674987_thumb.

Who come you can find all these photos of Lara.smile.png

I tried to find some but when I try to open the photo

my computer over heats.sad.png

Please.......some advice..wink.png

The Bingle Photo was David48..

She is pretty hot looking. Cricket Australia should have sponsored her as Clarkey's wife....kept more interest in the game

Speaking of fielding ...post-104736-0-83078200-1337686182_thumb.

Did some ask for another Bingle cricketing photo?

Notice the correct technique for fielding the ball so nothing passes through her legs and resulting in a mis-field.

I'd like to drive the team bus. The cheerleaders get a taxi...

SC

What we haven't yet defined is what a cricket ground looks like form a fielding perspective.

post-104736-0-46904000-1337686083_thumb.

There is something in that picture that reminds me of those white,wide brimmed hats.

Notice the correct technique for fielding the ball so nothing passes through her legs and resulting in a mis-field.

Now I know.....they keep the sun out of you eyes so that you can see who is fielding.wink.png

I'd like to drive the team bus. The cheerleaders get a taxi...

SC

Why don't you drive the taxi and you choose who you drive...thumbsup.gif

Edited by kevjohn

The girl in the photo definitely needs some "Slip Slop Slap"".

Can you accomodate.....New I could count on you, Harry..thumbsup.gif

glad you follow the adds on aussie TV..clap2.gif

What we haven't yet defined is what a cricket ground looks like form a fielding perspective.

It doesn't show Cow Corner

Buffalo corner ... TiT

It doesn't show Cow Corner

No... it shows "Long Stop"...but is there a connection?...whistling.gif

That one doesn't look so Bingle

That one doesn't look so Bingle

Who cares..... I find both of them easy to look at.wub.png

The girl in the photo definitely needs some "Slip Slop Slap"".

post-104736-0-29110500-1337688423_thumb.

She certainly needs some sort of protection ... "Slip Slop Slap" ... would that be the correct order of actions for her particular needs?

BookMan ... 'bingle6' is the actual name of the file ... so make what assumption you can.

Maybe a younger Lara?

OK, OK ... back to answering directly the OP's question ... Thailand needs Cricket.

Have we discussed the strategic thinking of bowling techniques and approaches can be used to out the batsman?

Thai people is often accused of rote thinking. There is a topic going strong in the General Forum on this subject about Copycat Business where Thai people just copy the person's ideas. This wouldn't work in cricket due to the many variable nuances of the game.

• Weather
  • Pitch conditions
  • Batsman/Bowlers Form
  • Win/Lose the toss
  • New Ball
  • Cloud cover
  • Reverse swing
  • 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th day wicket

The list goes on.

So cricket can indeed help Thais become more creative in their approach to problems.

Edited by David48

OK, OK ... back to answering directly the OP's question ... Thailand needs Cricket.

Have we discussed the strategic thinking of bowling techniques and approaches can be used to out the batsman?

Thai people is often accused of rote thinking. There is a topic going strong in the General Forum on this subject about Copycat Business where Thai people just copy the person's ideas. This wouldn't work in cricket due to the many variable nuances of the game.

• Weather
  • Pitch conditions
  • Batsman/Bowlers Form
  • Win/Lose the toss
  • New Ball
  • Cloud cover
  • Reverse swing

The list goes on.

So cricket can indeed help Thais become more creative in their approach to problems.

You have made a very good point (actually two very good points)

Including cricket in the school curriculum would increase both educational standards and outcomes

Improved strategic thinking among Thai people would also enhance economic efficiency

• Weather
  • Pitch conditions
  • Batsman/Bowlers Form
  • Win/Lose the toss
  • New Ball
  • Cloud cover
  • Reverse swing

The list goes on.

Including cricket in the school curriculum would increase both educational standards and outcomes

Improved strategic thinking among Thai people would also enhance economic efficiency

Another point that could be added to those excellent

points allready put forward by David48 is

Underarm bowling in relation to doing something underhanded.

• Weather
  • Pitch conditions
  • Batsman/Bowlers Form
  • Win/Lose the toss
  • New Ball
  • Cloud cover
  • Reverse swing

The list goes on.

Another point that could be added to those excellent

points allready put forward by David48 is

Underarm bowling in relation to doing something underhanded.

I see what you mean and I like your thinking... you are a genius

Indeed, underarm bowling is only allowed in cricket if the opposing captain is informed beforehand and agrees to it

Through cricket, Thai people will learn that before acting in a way that could be seen as underhanded, it is good form to inform those who could potentially be affected by such behaviour (and receive their approval)

Not only will this lead to less underhanded behaviour but also a lower murder rate (as revenge killings against those who have acted in an underhanded way will cease)

• Weather
  • Pitch conditions
  • Batsman/Bowlers Form
  • Win/Lose the toss
  • New Ball
  • Cloud cover
  • Reverse swing

The list goes on.

After reading these very interesting point raised by you, I have done some research and I came across a topic called ‘Lateral Thinking”.

Link: http://en.wikipedia....ateral_thinking

Reading this topic, I immediately could see the connection between “Cricket” and “Lateral Thinking”

After Thais have developed this new way of thinking, from very early childhood to adolescence, their ability to progress in modern times would be unlimited.

Edited by kevjohn