Thailand Needs Cricket

OK, OK ... back to answering directly the OP's question ... Thailand needs Cricket.

Have we discussed the strategic thinking of bowling techniques and approaches can be used to out the batsman?

Thai people is often accused of rote thinking. There is a topic going strong in the General Forum on this subject about Copycat Business where Thai people just copy the person's ideas. This wouldn't work in cricket due to the many variable nuances of the game.

• Weather
  • Pitch conditions
  • Batsman/Bowlers Form
  • Win/Lose the toss
  • New Ball
  • Cloud cover
  • Reverse swing
  • 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th day wicket

The list goes on.

So cricket can indeed help Thais become more creative in their approach to problems.

You have made a very good point (actually two very good points)

Including cricket in the school curriculum would increase both educational standards and outcomes

Improved strategic thinking among Thai people would also enhance economic efficiency

Another point that could be added to those excellent

points allready put forward by David48 is

Underarm bowling in relation to doing something underhanded.

I see what you mean and I like your thinking... you are a genius

Indeed, underarm bowling is only allowed in cricket if the opposing captain is informed beforehand and agrees to it

Through cricket, Thai people will learn that before acting in a way that could be seen as underhanded, it is good form to inform those who could potentially be affected by such behaviour (and receive their approval)

Not only will this lead to less underhanded behaviour but also a lower murder rate (as revenge killings against those who have acted in an underhanded way will cease)

Hey Boss

Thanks for such high praise.wai.gif

I never even got a "thank you" from my science teacher when, I gave him the best answer on how a spaceman who had fallen

out of his spacecraft, could get back to it using the bag of tools that he was carrying.sad.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Boss

I never even got a "thank you" from my science teacher when, I gave him the best answer on how a spaceman who had fallen

out of his spacecraft, could get back to it using the bag of tools that he was carrying.sad.png

Feel free to elaborate on that incident; maybe we can praise you belatedly

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Edited by brit1984

Hey Boss

Feel free to elaborate on that incident; maybe we can praise you belatedly

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

You asked for it Boss

Remember the old saying "don't put all your eggs in the one basket”thumbsup.gif

Well, the other 29 brilliant science students said “ With your back to the spacecraft, throw the bag of tools from in front of you forcing you back to the spacecraft”......Gravity involved there.

Good old genius here doesn’t think this is the best solution so, I said “ Put your back to the spacecraft and, taking one tool at a time, throw it away from you.

This way, if you miss the first time, then you still have more eggs in the basket.....savvy.thumbsup.gif

That is a short explanation, but you being a man of much knowledge, will understand....wink.png

Ps...If your still floating in space after throwing the last tool…I feel sorry for you....sad.png

I do not know if the science teacher was just embarrassed to have it pointed out that people cannot fall out of spaceships. They do need to be pushed or jump.

Yeah.... well he wasn't very brigh......I can't remember what nationality he was but it brings back memories of those irish jokes.

edit Must admit though, the only spacecraft we had in those days were in comics.

Edited by kevjohn

I do not know if the science teacher was just embarrassed to have it pointed out that people cannot fall out of spaceships. They do need to be pushed or jump.

He wasn't pushed; it was suicide. And besides, I wasn't even there at the time.

SC

Didn't you go outside every night ,in the days there were still stars in the cities skies, and watch little Laika circling the earth.

I was born and raised in the bush, Harry. Never saw the city skies until the mid 60's.

Bit like some people I've met in Thailand.

Cricket will change this when we get some, out of province games, on the move.

SC

Do you mean "In space"?... Yeah .....a bit before my time, but I do share the same surname as one of the first astronauts...wink.png

Edited by kevjohn

SC

Do you mean "In space"?... Yeah .....a bit before my time, but I do share the same surname as one of the first astronauts...wink.png

You're related to Flash Gordon? Cool!

Edit: So in all seriousness

should we start calling you Laika?

I did a bit of research on this and related topics

and it reads worse than something from Hartlepoole, so it does...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkeys_in_space

Edited by StreetCowboy

SC

YOu're related to Flash Gordon? Cool!

You are on the ball...wink.pngthumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Tried to paste a diagram of the various field positions in cricket, but it didn't work, so my comments about the complexity of a cricket field is now moot and deleted.

Wavefloater, can you send it to me, or give me the link and I'll try and post it for you.

As you probably noticed, I'm a visual kinda guy!

While we are waiting for Wavefloater to respond, a little research reveals, 3 different viewpoints on Field placement or settings ... post-104736-0-02942600-1337745729_thumb. post-104736-0-93728900-1337745716_thumb. post-104736-0-31467000-1337745715_thumb.

All with their own unique perspective on the game.

The first two appeared to have a lot of fielders; that sort of of unfair 'ganging-up' behaviour is just the sort of thing that we are trying to discourage with cricket in Thailand. I firmly believe we should be quite strict on limiting teams to only 10 fielders and a bowler, regardless of whatever antics you antipodeans might get up to in that respect... I'm beginning to see how you have managed so well in the ashes...

SC

While we are waiting for Wavefloater to respond, a little research reveals, 3 different viewpoints on Field placement or settings ... post-104736-0-02942600-1337745729_thumb. post-104736-0-93728900-1337745716_thumb. post-104736-0-31467000-1337745715_thumb.

Sorry guys! I hadn't planned on doing anything else with the diagram, so I didn't look back here quickly. The diagram I wanted to use was one (of the many) I found in Google images. Admittedly, the one I selected was particularly confusing (with designated position titles for what seemed like every 5 square meters) of the oval. I don't have the link right now, but I'm sure that googling something like "Cricket field positions diagram" would bring up lots of suitable images. The second one (cricket fielding positions.gif) in your list is close to what I was trying to post -- it includes all the "silly" positions.

Edited by Wavefloater

I doubt the accuracy of any of those diagrams. Not one of them shows a streaker.

We'll have none of that here. Most of our members would not stand for naked flesh.

I put it down to age...

SC

EDIT: Or perhaps strong drink

Edited by StreetCowboy

I doubt the accuracy of any of those diagrams. Not one of them shows a streaker.

We'll have none of that here. Most of our members would not stand for naked flesh.

I put it down to age...

SC

Next time I see naked flesh I must show I will not stand for that and lie down next to it.

Do you think the posision of the cheer leader, in the third diagram, is a good idear?

I put it down to age...

SC

Thank goodness...at least I can lay down...ermm.gif ...but not next to Harry...wink.png

Edited by kevjohn

Do you think the posision of the cheer leader, in the third diagram, is a good idear?

I have confidence that our cheerleaders will perform well in any position...they have a great coach, and I drive it.

If you look at the second diagram, you will notice the

positions of "Long On" and "Long Off" being the point of entry and exit for the streaker.

Then, on the lower left and right sides, there are the sweepers positions thus being the positions for the cheer squad.

The girl in the photo definitely needs some "Slip Slop Slap"".

post-104736-0-29110500-1337688423_thumb.

She certainly needs some sort of protection ... "Slip Slop Slap" ... would that be the correct order of actions for her particular needs?

BookMan ... 'bingle6' is the actual name of the file ... so make what assumption you can.

Maybe a younger Lara?

Must be a younger lara....She looks kind of crap there compared to the other one....doesn't really look like Bingle at all.