Thailand Needs Cricket

OK, OK ... back to answering directly the OP's question ... Thailand needs Cricket.

Have we discussed the strategic thinking of bowling techniques and approaches can be used to out the batsman?

Thai people is often accused of rote thinking. There is a topic going strong in the General Forum on this subject about Copycat Business where Thai people just copy the person's ideas. This wouldn't work in cricket due to the many variable nuances of the game.

• Weather
  • Pitch conditions
  • Batsman/Bowlers Form
  • Win/Lose the toss
  • New Ball
  • Cloud cover
  • Reverse swing
  • 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th day wicket

The list goes on.

So cricket can indeed help Thais become more creative in their approach to problems.

After reading these very interesting point raised by you, I have done some research and I came across a topic called ‘Lateral Thinking”.

Link: http://en.wikipedia....ateral_thinking

Reading this topic, I immediately could see the connection between “Cricket” and “Lateral Thinking”

After Thais have developed this new way of thinking, from very early childhood to adolescence, their ability to progress in modern times would be unlimited.

Good point thumbsup.gif

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It really is not cricket. A five hour gap and no commentator saying it reminds him of 1920 when he bowled a maiden over on a sticky wicket in front of a panting crowd.

Yeah Harry…looks like things are slowing down....sad.png

Maybe the other guys have found someone something more interesting....wink.png

I must admit that whilst doing some more research on this topic, I accidentally

had 40 winks that turned into a 2 hr nap, but you understand.....thumbsup.gif

Then to top it all of, the wife get on the computer, reading this topic. Have I had some explaining to do re David48’s replies re Lara. That has taken an hour......smile.png

And as for these Thai bowlers, 5hrs does seam to be a long time to be bowling a “maidens” over....smile.png

Have to wait an see if things pick up after tea or otherwise we might be in for a long night.

Edited by kevjohn

It really is not cricket. A five hour gap and no commentator saying it reminds him of 1920 when he bowled a maiden over on a sticky wicket in front of a panting crowd.

Then to top it all of, the wife get on the computer, reading this topic. Have I had some explaining to do re David48’s replies re Lara. That has taken an hour......smile.png

And as for these Thai bowlers, 5hrs does seam to be a long time to be bowling a “maidens” over....smile.png

Have to wait an see if things pick up after tea or otherwise we might be in for a long night.

It can get quite exciting with the floodlights on...

It can get quite exciting with the floodlights on...

Yeah Boss...I'm one of those people who like to see whats going onthumbsup.gif ....Note..(Can't type in the dark)

One very sensitive issue in Thailand is which country's coin will be used to determine who plays what. I would hate to see the moderator languish in the Hilton.

Edited by harrry

One very sensitive issue in Thailand is which country's coin will be used to determine who plays what. I would hate to see the moderator languish in the Hilton.

Better than, out amongst the buffalo, in that little tin shed.wink.png

State of origin games in Australia tonight.....

Woop eeeee.......Red and Blue with the ref in white....Now who said I'm not patriotic.

Queenslander's prefer 'maroon'...they get very very sensitive about these things

Woop eeeee.......Red and Blue with the ref in white....Now who said I'm not patriotic.

Queenslander's prefer 'maroon'...they get very very sensitive about these things

Sorry about the preferred "maroon", but I am still, patriotic.smile.png

Edited by kevjohn

Sorry about the preferred "maroon", but I am still, patriotic.smile.png

It's okay mate...I'm not a Queenslander.

Well...now that's settled, maybe we could settle on red and blue for our cricket team colours.thumbsup.gif (colors} for the yankssmile.png

Edited by kevjohn

Well I am a QLD'er and yes, the Maroons won.

Cricket takes a distant 2nd place round these parts this time of year.

To be expected really..

Ever since NSW started selecting its B team for the games it hasn't been much of a contest. rolleyes.gif

But cricket can also blend two vocations together.

Hence a fusion of modelling, fitness instructor and cricket.

Woman are soooooooo good at multi tasking ...

post-104736-0-26726200-1337776762_thumb.

Edited by David48

Well I am a QLD'er and yes, the Maroons won.

Cricket takes a distant 2nd place round these parts this time of year.

To be expected really..

Ever since NSW started selecting its B team for the games it hasn't been much of a contest. rolleyes.gif

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Now .. it would be poor form to have a page here without an interesting graphic.

Woman in cricket ... we agree that we all need that?

post-104736-0-90524600-1337776626_thumb.

As I explained in another thread a few weeks ago I am not sure about women's cricket, per se

While in theory, women playing cricket is a combination made in heaven, in practice someone needs to make the sandwiches

I suppose this would be less of an issue in Thailand due to the easy availability of low wage foreign workers (e.g. from Burma)

Regardless of whether they play, I am confident women can benefit from some involvement in cricket; and obviously men will benefit from the involvement of women

Now .. it would be poor form to have a page here without an interesting graphic.

As I explained in another thread a few weeks ago I am not sure about women's cricket, per se

While in theory, women playing cricket is a combination made in heaven, in practice someone needs to make the sandwiches

I suppose this would be less of an issue in Thailand due to the easy availability of low wage foreign workers (e.g. from Burma)

Regardless of whether they play, I am confident women can benefit from some involvement in cricket; and obviously men will benefit from the involvement of women

Don't worry about the using low wage foreign workers.

To keep my cheer squad members out of trouble, they can make the sandwiches......wink.png

To keep my cheer squad members out of trouble, they can make the sandwiches......wink.png

Your game. Letting them get together and talk among themselves....and arming them with sharp objects. I hope there are no duckponds near. Though there must be as I have heard a lot of cricketers go out for a duck.

Your game. Letting them get together and talk among themselves....and arming them with sharp objects. I hope there are no duckponds near. Though there must be as I have heard a lot of cricketers go out for a duck.

I'LL ask Thai Airways to send some plastic utensils. Might help keep the damage to a minimum...smile.png