Thailand Needs Cricket

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One other big issue in Thailand, that we have not yet discussed, but which most of us are probably aware of, is that there is an established (and not so well hidden) sex industry in operation in most major tourist areas. For those who may be unaware this essentially involves poverty stricken Thai females selling their bodies to (often rather awful) men to fund their alcohol/gambling/drug/iphone addiction.

What do people think about getting some of the "bar girls" involved as cheer leaders?... I know it is not the ideal solution from an aesthetic perspective (they are an ugly bunch in general) but we are trying to save a country here...

Boys, Boys, Boys ... I maintain that this is the idea vehicle for transport ... just paint it in the teams colours.

Do have a look at http://gallery.xeman...d-bus-pictures/ for painted bus images.

Want to know more about

Fish Farms or a simple Australian Visa Application ?

vw-suv.jpg

This is more like it. airconditioned for the cheerleader's comfort and reliable for Bangkok traffic.

As if I'd drive a VW...

This bus is off the market.

The Sri Lankan team , since 2009, have been looking for this exact fit of their needs. They have bought the last dozen available, ,,,,just to be sure

http://www.telegraph...n-Pakistan.html

What Cricket can do for Thailand ...

In a segue from what BookMan mentioned could Cricket assist to integrating the Cultures in southern Thailand, thus reducing the tensions and the death toll?

Has this been mentioned before?

guys...I need to advise everyone.. My eyesight is very bad... I hope you wil make a special allowance for me....ill be bringing my oversize bat.

post-147205-0-36665200-1337946698_thumb.

So you come from that part of Qld that has big things as tourist atractions?

Cough ... I do !

What Cricket can do for Thailand ...

In a segue from what BookMan mentioned could Cricket assist to integrating the Cultures in southern Thailand, thus reducing the tensions and the death toll?

Has this been mentioned before?

Indeed, we discussed that mini cross-border cricket leagues in the border regions could lead to better relations with Malaysia (and also Cambodia to the east). However, it is important enough issue that it deserves to discussed at length until a solution is found; thank you for reminding us of this important issue that cricket can solve...

One other big issue in Thailand, that we have not yet discussed, but which most of us are probably aware of, is that there is an established (and not so well hidden) sex industry in operation in most major tourist areas. For those who may be unaware this essentially involves poverty stricken Thai females selling their bodies to (often rather awful) men to fund their alcohol/gambling/drug/iphone addiction.

What do people think about getting some of the "bar girls" involved as cheer leaders?... I know it is not the ideal solution from an aesthetic perspective (they are an ugly bunch in general) but we are trying to save a country here...

In anticipation of general acceptance by the team of your suggestion I will endeavour to find a few lassies who could integrate successfully into the team.

Athletic performance and flexibility would be priorities.

An added benefit would be that the existing Cheer Squad could learn some 'new tricks' from the flesh of new blood.

Of course, any new member into our team would be required a through medical examination and tests to make sure they are fit for service.

I assume that we all agree to that?

Want to know more about

In anticipation of general acceptance by the team of your (the above) suggestion I will endeavour to find a few lassies who could integrate successfully into the team.

Athletic performance and flexibility would be priorities.

An added benefit would be that the existing Cheer Squad could learn some 'new tricks' from the flush of new blood.

Of course, any new member into our team would be required a through medical examination and tests to make sure they are fit for service.

I assume that we all agree to that?

Want to know more about

Edited by David48

KevJohn, since you will need to train them in their new duties and responsibilities do wish to join me with a tour 'in-situ'.

This would require a visit to their current place of employment and assist with a visual assessment.

Limited refreshments are available and complimentary, because this is thirsty work after all and it is Summer in Thailand and we all know the importance of hydration in hot climates … and where we will be going is certainly a ‘hot’ place.

What we are looking for with the new blood is proportion of body balance … after all, on of the duties of cheer leading is to excite the crowd and engender home team support … and athletic ability.

Also I believe a friendly attitude and people skills would warmly be appreciated by all.

But KevJohn, if you think that you have your current hands full with the existing Cheer Squad and decline this invitation then maybe another squad member can stand up?

Want to know more about

Edited by David48

For anyone who is just joining this thread, please do not feel obliged to read the entire thread before commenting... we are currently only at the brain-storming stage so any perspectives / insights are welcome...

Another issue cricket can help with... bathroom / wetroom floors that do not have a natural slope towards the drain... all plumbers / builders should be required to pursue a sabbatical working alongside cricket groundsmen (similar to the programme I suggested for the highway maintenance people)... during this work experience, the plumbers / builders will learn about irrigation and water management... therefore through cricket, bathroom floors all across Thailand will develop a natural slope towards the drain

FYI:

Baseball to cricket translation.

I read it and went from knowing NOTHING about cricket to knowing almost nothing.

If I cared, it probably would have helped more.

The rules of cricket are complicated, and can confound Americans weaned on baseball. Here’s an attempt to explain the basics of the game:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/cricket-for-dummies/2012/05/18/gIQApbevfU_story.html

All great points David; I especially like the double posting strategy to re-affirm your viewpoint

Actually brit1984, it's not so much the case of 'double posting', but you are correct ... there is a 'strategy' being employed.

When I'm reading other's posts, if it's TLTR ... too long to read, then I might scan quickly over it, see if there is a salient point or two and read in depth a poster who is terse and has the clarity to make a strong point simply and quickly.

So, for me now ... one post, one subject.

My three consecutive posts above deal with separate matters of the same subject are addressed to two separate audiences.

Want to know more about

About TLTR ... too long to read ... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tltr

There is also TL;DR ... Too Long; Didn't Read ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Too_long;_didn%27t_read

The exceptions is when theblether is babbling on about something ... he does a good job of maintaing the readers interest for extended periods of time.

He'd make a great early/middle order batsman

Want to know more about

Edited by David48

FYI:

I read it and went from knowing NOTHING about cricket to knowing almost nothing.

The rules of cricket are complicated, and can confound Americans weaned on baseball. Here’s an attempt to explain the basics of the game:

http://www.washingto...evfU_story.html

We still need some outside ground staff JT. You won't need to know anything about cricket to take the money and clip the tickets. thumbsup.gif

Sterling idea!

Just think of the added benefits. The game needs cash and each bargirl should come with 3-4 personal sponsors each. We just need to leverage some of that sponsors cash into the game.

However ... I can offer this for criticial apprasial ... whether we can convert one or two to the joy of Cricket is up to the skills of KevJohn

post-104736-0-78058000-1337993803_thumb.

Just so that we can embrace the wholesomeness of this photo it came from "Pattern School - The Original Home Of Stretch-fit Pattern Making"

Full review of those above can be found here

Want to know more about

Edited by David48

But, I would give special mention for the very Famous Elly Tran.

She seems to embody the features which are typicially desiried in a Cheer Leader Team and possess that disarming smile which would make most mens' hearts melt.

post-104736-0-53730200-1337994370_thumb.

Personally I think she has nice hair also.

Kevjohn, what do you think ... as she would become part of your squad.

Want to know more about

Edited by David48

FYI:

http://www.washingto...evfU_story.html

We still need some outside ground staff JT. You won't need to know anything about cricket to take the money and clip the tickets. thumbsup.gif

Maybe JT could use the Roller on the wicket

All great points David; I especially like the double posting strategy to re-affirm your viewpoint

Actually brit1984, it's not so much the case of 'double posting', but you are correct ... there is a 'strategy' being employed.

When I'm reading other's posts, if it's TLTR ... too long to read, then I might scan quickly over it, see if there is a salient point or two and read in depth a poster who is terse and has the clarity to make a strong point simply and quickly.

So, for me now ... one post, one subject.

My three consecutive posts above deal with separate matters of the same subject are addressed to two separate audiences.

Want to know more about

One Topic One Post

Even the Thai government supports that with their OTOP scheme .

SC

Another issue cricket can help with... bathroom / wetroom floors that do not have a natural slope towards the drain... all plumbers / builders should be required to pursue a sabbatical working alongside cricket groundsmen (similar to the programme I suggested for the highway maintenance people)... during this work experience, the plumbers / builders will learn about irrigation and water management... therefore through cricket, bathroom floors all across Thailand will develop a natural slope towards the drain

I believe at present most Thai plumbers are afficionados of crown green bowling

SC

Edit: Sincere apologies for another digression, but when was the last time you saw crown greeen bowling on television? There's not even a thread on it in our sports forum. Many people believe that it is shown on Eurosport, but that is mere wishful fantasy (http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=950474) - the idea that might by chance flick on the TV to an Allcock classic. I was checking the spelling there, and I came across this (http://www.booksonbowls.co.uk/tony.html) "packed with ... match action shots" - I could scarcely contain myself. Its rare enough to get more spectacular sports like shinty on the mass media - can you believe Astro has told me that they do not intend to show the Mactavish Cup? Despite it being one of the most talked-about sporting competitions on these fora.

Edited by StreetCowboy

KevJohn, since you will need to train them in their new duties and responsibilities do wish to join me with a tour 'in-situ'.

But KevJohn, if you think that you have your current hands full with the existing Cheer Squad and decline this invitation then maybe another squad member can stand up?

Want to know more about

Hands full? Then 'knees up, Mother Brown"

SC

TV Cricket - the Team with Two Knees