Do You Check Your Profile Page?

Profile views is another interesting metric on your profile page. Not sure if it is a sign that people like you or dislike you but it is harder to manipulate than likes and shows interest of some sort.unsure.pngohmy.png

Always surprised me how many profile views I have attracted in relation to the amount of posts......

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank Tywais. your number one (after George... He gave me a like)wai.gif

I'm pretty stingy when it comes to handing out likes, don't want to be seen as showing favoritism. tongue.png

I don't mind showing favouritism by handing out likes to participants in my threads

By the way, I started a thread recently... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/554349-thailand-needs-cricket/

• Like 1

Out of interest, how many of the profile views are prowling search engines? Do they get detected?

SC

That is a good question but I’m not sure anyone would have a good answer. Recently I have noticed Google, Yahoo and such in the active viewers listed at the bottom of a topic but that seems to be new. Perhaps part of the recent upgrade.

When it is working you will also notice there are often more guests than members viewing a topic. It is my guess some of those are search engines or worse. If like me you sign in anonymously, your name doesn’t show but you are counted in the list of anonymous users. So I would guess there are some nonhuman entities in the count of profile views.

Edited by villagefarang

That is a good question but I’m not sure anyone would have a good answer. Recently I have noticed Google, Yahoo and such in the active viewers listed at the bottom of a topic but that seems to be new. Perhaps part of the recent upgrade.

Always been there, search spiders such as Google, Yahoo, Facebook but they don't affect profile view counts. However some counts may be higher from guest views and why dates on last viewers may not be in sync with last views.

• Like 1

I think my favourite part of the profile page is looking at someones posting history. You can tell an awful lot about a person by looking at that.

Really I urge folks to give it a try.

I know some quality ones but it would be unfair of me to post them here. whistling.gif

Edit: Perhaps i should have said shameful. tongue.png

Hey smokie36

I must be a quality poster because I , not long ago, had a very important visitor.

If you don't believe me then you can check it out.thumbsup.gif

I had a visit from one of the boys in blue yesterday as well.

Hope he was enjoying my banter with smokie37....and nothing more...umm....ermm.gifblink.png

Well I always read my PM's. thumbsup.gif

I am pretty sure there are some accidental profile views as well due to people hitting your name instead of the time stamp directly below it. People can be clumsy that way.biggrin.png

On occasion I will see the name of someone I am certain would not intentionally visit my profile page.laugh.pngthumbsup.gif

Edited by villagefarang

I think my favourite part of the profile page is looking at someones posting history. You can tell an awful lot about a person by looking at that.

Really I urge folks to give it a try.

I know some quality ones but it would be unfair of me to post them here. whistling.gif

Edit: Perhaps i should have said shameful. tongue.png

Hey smokie36

I must be a quality poster because I , not long ago, had a very important visitor.

If you don't believe me then you can check it out.thumbsup.gif

I had a visit from one of the boys in blue yesterday as well.

Hope he was enjoying my banter with smokie37....and nothing more...umm....ermm.gifblink.png

Well I always read my PM's. thumbsup.gif

Maybe checking to see who is posting on the jovial threads.clap2.gif

Profile views is another interesting metric on your profile page. Not sure if it is a sign that people like you or dislike you but it is harder to manipulate than likes and shows interest of some sort.unsure.pngohmy.png

Always surprised me how many profile views I have attracted in relation to the amount of posts......

You seem to have 2.2 profile views per post while I am at something like 7.6. No idea what that means. Surely a fluke.

You seem to have 2.2 profile views per post while I am at something like 7.6. No idea what that means. Surely a fluke.

Mine is 16.5 views to posts. Must be a lot of guests checking. This is how Tywais explained it to me.

Mine is 16.5 views to posts. Must be a lot of guests checking. This is how Tywais explained it to me.

There you go…absolutely no rhyme or reason to it all.tongue.pnglaugh.png

All about attacting interest......you blog....I am a quiet inobtrusive poster......Kev solicits......does that explain?

• Like 1

I hope Blether realises that at least 50% of his likes are in pity...

And all you lot that concentrate so much on likes, page views, profile views and god knows what else is in there to make you all feel better......masturbation is a much better pass time.

And all you lot that concentrate so much on likes, page views, profile views and god knows what else is in there to make you all feel better......masturbation is a much better pass time.

You young blokes only have one thing on your mind.wink.png

As you get older you will come to relise that there is more to life.whistling.gif

I'm glad I found Thaivisa. clap2.gif

Note to self .......make sure my buddy see this post.sad.png

Whatever you do guys, please do not abuse the LIKE system!

Too late ... ya think?

No I don't think anyone has abused it to any great degree. Not yet at any rate.

You are correct smokie36clap2.gif

Mine seem to have slowed up.sad.png

It's always nice to find a job one can do well.

I am pretty sure there are some accidental profile views as well due to people hitting your name instead of the time stamp directly below it. People can be clumsy that way.biggrin.png

On occasion I will see the name of someone I am certain would not intentionally visit my profile page.laugh.pngthumbsup.gif

I'm sure none of your profile views are accidental thumbsup.gif

But I am sure some of my 'Likes" must be.sad.png

but not that special one.wink.png

You have certainly set the inquisitive minds in motion with this topic.clap2.gif

Edited by kevjohn

You have certainly set the inquisitive minds in motion with this topic.clap2.gif

Yes, but as you see that motion has ebbed in accordance with the nature of how things go. There will no doubt be a lull for a while, long or short, before things pick up again. I call it post fatigue but what do I know?

Yes, but as you see that motion has ebbed in accordance with the nature of how things go. There will no doubt be a lull for a while, long or short, before things pick up again. I call it post fatigue but what do I know?

You know a great deal...........believe me..thumbsup.gif

Yes.....people do seam to get away from these more sensible topic and post about politics and bar girls

but "who am I to judge?" smile.png

Edited by kevjohn

I check my profile fairly often especially to see who has given me likes.wink.png

There is one poster that I would really like to get a "like" from but he hasn't done so yet.sad.png

But I do understand what the OP means. smile.png

Did you get it from one of them three?

• Like 1

I check my profile fairly often especially to see who has given me likes.wink.png

There is one poster that I would really like to get a "like" from but he hasn't done so yet.sad.png

No....I'm still waiting..sad.png

but I'm please to see that my spell checker is back.....thumbsup.gif

How can one browse past posting history in greater depth? The search just seems to return one post per thread. . .

Maybe this will help.

post-44431-0-12912500-1336733111_thumb.j

Following on from villagefarang screen shot, BigJohnnyBKK, this is you ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=forums&mid=104646&sid=e877e0e3eb1de80144ae6cb3dcde3581&search_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&userMode=content

PM me if you want to know how ...

villagefarang ... like your work, long timer and still originial ... rare combination to find.

• Like 1

Apologies for the secondary post as I could have added it to the post above, but had to restart my computer because the darn thing is running soooooooooooooooo slow.

So, from above what is also appreciated is that when you start a post you stay with it, read and reply to the interesting or controversial posts.

Mind you ... the time it took to read page 4 of this thread ... I would like back again!

No....I'm still waiting..sad.png

but I'm please to see that my spell checker is back.....thumbsup.gif

kevjohn, welcome to one of life’s little ironies .... or, as U2 describe it ... 'I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

• Like 1

How can one browse past posting history in greater depth? The search just seems to return one post per thread. . .

Maybe this will help.

post-44431-0-12912500-1336733111_thumb.j

Following on from villagefarang screen shot, BigJohnnyBKK, this is you ... http://www.thaivisa....rch_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&userMode=content

BigJohnnyBKK, somehow that link got truncated ... blow is the clickable link ...

[searchInKey]=&userMode=content"]http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=forums&mid=104646&sid=e877e0e3eb1de80144ae6cb3dcde3581&search_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&userMode=content