Do You Check Your Profile Page?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I check my profile fairly often especially to see who has given me likes.wink.png

There is one poster that I would really like to get a "like" from but he hasn't done so yet.sad.png

But I do understand what the OP means. smile.png

Sorry. smile.png

• Like 1

Do you have suggestions as to who has good profile pages??

That is not fair, my memory isn’t what it once was and I haven’t been taking notes. I have noticed that some are quite colorful, others informative but sadly most are quite forgettable. The latter being my motivation for starting this topic.saai.gif I wasn’t thinking of telling others what to do or how to do it, just suggesting they have a look and actually make a choice.

I check my profile fairly often especially to see who has given me likes.wink.png

There is one poster that I would really like to get a "like" from but he hasn't done so yet.sad.png

I ran out of likes earlier today or I would have given you one already. They seem to have me on a short leash these days.ermm.gif

Scratch that, I’m free to like again.

Edited by villagefarang

I ran out of likes earlier today or I would have given you one already. They seem to have me on a short leash these days.ermm.gif

Scratch that, I’m free to like again.

Is it time to check my profile again?clap2.gif

Sorry. smile.png

Sorry transam. Hope i haven't disappointed you but your not that special poster. sad.png

• Like 1

My profile is probably the least inspiring of them all.

However that doesn't mean anything else than that I value my privacy more than anything else.

I noticed that you draw conclusions from peoples profile. May I ask why ?

Yermanee wai.gif

However that doesn't mean anything else than that I value my privacy more than anything else.

Yermanee wai.gif

i love your profile picture. i look at your avatar a hell of lot longer than others. shes pretty. tongue.png

Yermanee wai.gif

We can never really know our fellow man but we garner what we can from what is available. Without the normal visual and auditory cues of everyday life, online we are limited to what people write and how they write it. The profile is part of that.

We are social creatures by design so perhaps that has something to do with why I draw conclusions. I’m not sure conclusion is the right word though, as it implies finality and something definitive. Online the best we can do is make an educated guess which then might help to guide our actions until proven wrong.

Yermanee wai.gif

i love your profile picture. i look at your avatar a hell of lot longer than others. shes pretty. tongue.png

Yeah, isn't she ?

And when you finish the beer she looks even prettier thumbsup.gif

Yermaneewai.gif

Yermanee wai.gif

We can never really know our fellow man but we garner what we can from what is available. Without the normal visual and auditory cues of everyday life, online we are limited to what people write and how they write it. The profile is part of that.

We are social creatures by design so perhaps that has something to do with why I draw conclusions. I’m not sure conclusion is the right word though, as it implies finality and something definitive. Online the best we can do is make an educated guess which then might help to guide our actions until proven wrong.

An educated guess might be correct for some of them but my guess is that you're completely wrong for most.

No offence intended.

Yermanee wai.gif

Sorry. smile.png

Sorry transam. Hope i haven't disappointed you but your not that special poster. sad.png

Is it the one with the tennis bird scratching her arse ?

How can one browse past posting history in greater depth? The search just seems to return one post per thread. . .

Maybe this will help.

post-44431-0-12912500-1336733111_thumb.j

Is that a Search result?

I don't get that "page 1 of 40" control at the top, only shows the four most recent and then stops.

OP -- I checked your website and blog today.

I was hoping to find info about a place near Chiang Rai called (I think) Kun Khum. It's the place where they've a got a Japanese war memorial.

Sorry but that is a new one for me. Guess my lack of interest in all things war related is showing. Thanks for stopping by the blog and sorry I can’t be of more help.

How can one browse past posting history in greater depth? The search just seems to return one post per thread. . .

Maybe this will help.

post-44431-0-12912500-1336733111_thumb.j

Is that a Search result?

I don't get that "page 1 of 40" control at the top, only shows the four most recent and then stops.

You need to click "find content" first to get this page.

Yermanee wai.gif

Yeah, isn't she ?

And when you finish the beer she looks even prettier thumbsup.gif

Yermaneewai.gif

What beer?laugh.png

Yermanee wai.gif

An educated guess might be correct for some of them but my guess is that you're completely wrong for most.

No offence intended.

Yermanee wai.gif

Usually when people feel the need to say, “No offense intended” they are not being truthful but I am of course not saying that is the case here.biggrin.pngwink.png

The more guarded someone is, the less chance others have to know who they are. Is that the fault of the observer or the observed?

This thread has really made my day.

I have now received 25 likes. Profile says that is "excellent"

I have to thank George for the one that tiped me over.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

This thread has really made my day.

I have now received 25 likes. Profile says that is "excellent"

I have to thank George for the one that tiped me over.thumbsup.gif

You can stop now, as "excellent" is as high as you can go. Theblether is at 995 and he is still only excellent. Where is the next mountain to climb?wink.png

^^^^^^ good lord do you sound like a fanboy.

simple fact of the matter is nobody here need know my age, email add and favoured type of underwear.

nor for that matter need they know where i sit or what i wear while i am posting. you are here to entertain me, not i you.

it may sound harsh, but you are reading too much into this whole thing. the internet is for entertainment, work and information retrieval. My social life exists offline, in unhygienic meatspace , if you will.

Have to say I agree so I have given you a "like" clap2.gif