Listeroid / Lister Engines - Where Can I Find These Engines In Bangkok?

aquaponeer

The ones we used in outback Australia to run concrete mixers and stationery occasional-use generators were imported from India.

I would think the industrial engine area south of Yaowarat would be a good starting point, most likely used here for pumping water as well.

Apparently "Yanmar" is a locally made clone, exported overseas as well.

Yanmar used to make low rpm engines here for marine/industrial use, no idea if they still do but modern day Yanmars bear no resemblance to Listers.

I have 2 old Yanmar variants on a Lister. 16hp and 2 cylinders with a very low rpm. Heavy though, they weigh over 300kg a piece(with marine gearbox). Beautiful engines, happy to chug along all day without missing a beat. The huge flywheels seem to make them very smooth runners. All parts are readily available from Chong Tek Seng in Bkk but nowadays most parts are cheap chinese copies.

Lots of these old style engines for sale in the engine yards in bkk. lots imported from Japan. Not cheap though, I paid 13,000B for a 40 year old runner but in need of work.

FWIW there are lots of youtube videos showing the Indian made listeroids in operation. They just dont look anything like the standard of the good old British originals.

how old are these?

The look like they could work forever!

How are they cooled? Air only?

On the video it looks like pretty high rpm, how much do they make?

Diesel or Gasoline?

My FIL has one of those in his shed. Don't even know if it works.

His father bought it to power a rice mill over half a century (maybe more) ago.

Thing is huge - the flywheels alone look like they weigh half a tonne.

My FIL has one of those in his shed. Don't even know if it works.

His father bought it to power a rice mill over half a century (maybe more) ago.

Thing is huge - the flywheels alone look like they weigh half a tonne.

If you ever want to get rid of it, please post in some forum I am sure some people would love to have it, (including myself but I have no space).

And don't try to start it. Things might be OK and like new after an overhaul, but a start without overhaul can destroy it......

• 2 weeks later...