Childrens Books - Where To Buy

We've recently just moved back to Bangkok with our 2 1/2 year old daughter. She's really loves her books, both looking at independently and being read to. We of course we want to keep that going, and there is certainly no lack of enthusiasm on her part!

My question is, is there a good book shop in Bangkok that we can take her to, that has a good selection of English language books for her age?

The sort of thing i'm talking about are traditional tales (like the old ladybird books for the Brits among us), Julia Donaldson, Jill Murphy etc....

We could always order them online or have them sent, but i'd really like to take her to a book shop and have her involved in choosing the ones she likes the look of.

Any suggestions?

Thanks wai.gif

'LL'

Hi,

Welcome back to bangkok.

regarding english language books, you might want to try kinokuniya. they have around 3 bookstores in bangkok. I was there a few days ago and saw many children sitting on the floor "reading" books. there have a large selection for all ages.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Welcome back to bangkok.

regarding english language books, you might want to try kinokuniya. they have around 3 bookstores in bangkok. I was there a few days ago and saw many children sitting on the floor "reading" books. there have a large selection for all ages.

Hope that helps.

Yes, thank you for that. Could you possibly point me in the direction of where their shops are?

Hi,

Welcome back to bangkok.

Hope that helps.

Yes, thank you for that. Could you possibly point me in the direction of where their shops are?

Google it, or find on facebook.

I know there is one at siam paragon and another at emporium.

Hi,

Welcome back to bangkok.

Hope that helps.

Google it, or find on facebook.

I know there is one at siam paragon and another at emporium.

Yes, thank you again.

You're talking to the man that generally googles everything. Amazing how a couple of bottles of beer chang removes ones reasoning on things.

Thanks again.

Agree with Kinokuniya and Scholastic. The Kinokuniya at the Paragon has the biggest selection of children's books, while the Emporium branch has a nice selection (just not as much as the Paragon).

Other books store chains like Asia Books, Se-Ed, and B2S also have children's sections (the larger branches have the best selection), but IMO the selection is much more limited than the large Kinokuniya branches.

I also highly recommend the Nielsen Hays Library, which is located just behind the British Club. You can spend all day looking at books there for free, and if you become a member you can check books out to take home. They also have crafts and other activites on the weekends. There are other libraries around BKK, but the Nielsen Hays is the best fit for the preschool crowd.

And if you do end up ordering some, I also recommend Book Depository, as their pricing is comprable to Amazon but they offer free shipping to Thailand.

HTH

Edited by Niranut

Agree with Kinokuniya and Scholastic. The Kinokuniya at the Paragon has the biggest selection of children's books, while the Emporium branch has a nice selection (just not as much as the Paragon).

Other books store chains like Asia Books, Se-Ed, and B2S also have children's sections (the larger branches have the best selection), but IMO the selection is much more limited than the large Kinokuniya branches.

I also highly recommend the Nielsen Hays Library, which is located just behind the British Club. You can spend all day looking at books there for free, and if you become a member you can check books out to take home. They also have crafts and other activites on the weekends. There are other libraries around BKK, but the Nielsen Hays is the best fit for the preschool crowd.

And if you do end up ordering some, I also recommend Book Depository, as their pricing is comprable to Amazon but they offer free shipping to Thailand.

HTH

Hi,

I tried ordering from the book depository before but seems they do not ship to thailand.

Another thing is: would you know about a library in bangkok for teenagers?

Thanks

Blossombkk