Air Asia

steve w

Beer and noodles are for sale. You can, of course, stock on beer before the flight, but stocking on sixpacks of mama is a bit strange. I think they'd charge you for hot water anyway.

Flights are short, true, but delays will make you hungry even before the take off. Stuff yourself at Burger King in departure lounge and take a sixpack (of beer) as carry-on.

Flights ain't that long really. Can't you wait till you get there? :D

no ,i got to have my regular 8 meals a day ,i'm a growig lad :o

Understood. Carry on! :D

I flew with Royal Brunei Airlines a while back and as they are a dry airline decided to raid alcohol bank in the First-Class lounge - we were bumped from Bus-Class with the company we were working for - and just gave all the booze to the flight attendant. She bunged it in her fridge and just kept serving us whenever we wanted. The boss was not happy when we arrived in Brunei more than haf-cut. :D

Beer and noodles are for sale. You can, of course, stock on beer before the flight, but stocking on sixpacks of mama is a bit strange. I think they'd charge you for hot water anyway.

Flights are short, true, but delays will make you hungry even before the take off. Stuff yourself at Burger King in departure lounge and take a sixpack (of beer) as carry-on.

I have not seen beer for sale on air asia flights out of Bangkok, the menu card has some sandwiches listed but these are not available on all routes i.e. not out of Bangkok (anywhere?) , so I would rely on a choice of two pot noodles tea, coffee and soft drinks.

And a little bottle of water was 30 baht. And they don't give you water, none. They don't give you anything. And if you decide to bring your own food, don't let them see it, as it clearly states all over the place that outside food is not allowed on the aircraft. And everything on the flight is real expensive.

I honestly dont think you will get away with a hand carry six pack. Cabin Crew seem very aware of whats happening around them and clamp down pretty quickly.

The AirAsia logo is something like " Now Everyone Can Fly" and that hits the nail right on the head. There is nothing wrong with experienced flyers taking a low cost airline to save a few $$$$$s BUT these low costs also attract people who have never flown before and some of these flights can be a real eye opener. My first Air Asia flight reminded me of many years ago when I flew from Guongzhou to Wuhan. There were no seat belts, chairs were loose and there were no seats or belts for cabin crew. BUT a fellow passenger sitting next to actually had two chickens and a PIGLET in the overhead locker - gospel truth.

shocked me rigid at the time but actually laugh about it now

My first Air Asia flight reminded me of many years ago when I flew from Guongzhou to Wuhan. There were no seat belts, chairs were loose and there were no seats or belts for cabin crew. BUT a fellow passenger sitting next to actually had two chickens and a PIGLET in the overhead locker - gospel truth.

shocked me rigid at the time but actually laugh about it now

But pigs DO fly :o

In the early days at Britannia Airways we had 2 737-200s which were convertable. In summer they would fly fitted-out for 130 holiday-charter passengers, while in winter they worked as short-haul cargo jets, and we once DID carry a load of pedigree porkers (UK to Aussie, I think) by specially-chartered aircraft.

Truth is aways stranger than fiction :D

I have not seen beer for sale on air asia flights out of Bangkok, the menu card has some sandwiches listed but these are not available on all routes i.e. not out of Bangkok (anywhere?) , so I would rely on a choice of two pot noodles tea, coffee and soft drinks.

Agreed no beer on Airasia flights................there are Mama noodles (Tom Yam Kung) and Jok (Rice Porridge) also Tuna sandwiches , Pringles, Kit Kats and drinks coke etc also tea and milo....and water.

Take note noodles are only served on hour plus flights.

As others have said your officially not allowed to take food/drink on board although people do.

Agreed no beer on Airasia flights................there are Mama noodles (Tom Yam Kung) and Jok (Rice Porridge) also Tuna sandwiches , Pringles, Kit Kats and drinks coke etc also tea and milo....and water.

Take note noodles are only served on hour plus flights.

As others have said your officially not allowed to take food/drink on board although people do.

oh well supose i can survive for an hour and 20 minutes without beer :o