Interesting Doco My Thai Bride, Where Can I See It.

ShanePashen

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant actually find one single download point if I search myself or if I use your search criteria. I simply have to admit that I suck at searching.

Perhaps you could be so nice to tell me exactly where I can download it...?

Edited by Forethat

If your Thai girl friend has a tattoo make sure she is never anything more than a casual fling. Thai girls and tattoos are a bad sign, almost always. Possibly good to rent but nothing else.

Good, indepth analysis there.

Nothing shallow about your judgement...................

The film maker seems determined to stop as many people as possible seeing the work so search all you like, you ain't gonna find the torrent anywhere unless you don't mind registering your email and credit card info with some shifty-looking service provider.

You can, however, view it here but you will need a Canadian proxy or VPN.

The film maker seems determined to stop as many people as possible seeing the work so search all you like, you ain't gonna find the torrent anywhere unless you don't mind registering your email and credit card info with some shifty-looking service provider.

You can, however, view it here but you will need a Canadian proxy or VPN.

Hey dude -- what are you referring to? I read your earlier comment and watched that Theroux documentary.

No problems viewing it here in Pattani (by the Malaysian border).

I thought it was really interesting.

However ....... you described that guy Blake as a loser. I'm not so sure. The guy was suffering from a stress disorder (PTSD) and was on heavy medication.

Got to feel for the poor guy. Worked all his life to be begging for some of it back only to be offered a one way ticket to a bedsit and measley government pay out.

Poor guy.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Poor guy? Come on - he married a prostitute, and an old unattractive one at that. Thailand is full of pretty young girls, who aren't prostitutes, who are desperate to marry a foreigner. Don't go to Pattaya to find a wife for Christs sake it stupid.

Didn't he think about how many guys she had probably been with? The analogy of a pin-cushion comes to mind.

Edited by Neeranam

This and many more on youtube. Just type in : What Thai women think about westerners:

Having watched this I have to say I am shocked. How can a business like this operate when they have when the people running it having absolutely no qualifications and zero scruples? That Irish woman seems as though she has no journalistic training whatsoever and the women she talked to seem to just want to destroy the lives of these hot older gentlemen, most likely because they are jealous that these guys don't find them attractive.

If your Thai girl friend has a tattoo make sure she is never anything more than a casual fling. Thai girls and tattoos are a bad sign, almost always. Possibly good to rent but nothing else.

You may think my judgement is shallow, but it is also correct most of the time. Ask a Thai person what they think about a girl with a tattoo? Maybe they are shallow also?

You may think my judgement is shallow, but it is also correct most of the time. Ask a Thai person what they think about a girl with a tattoo? Maybe they are shallow also?
You are correct, IMHO. I've never seen a girl with a tattoo and a foreigner that I didn't think was an ex-bar 'girl' or internet 'girl'.

Funny how the West makes documentaries like this about ferrang in Thailand but in Thailand they make documentaries like this one . Something to think about .

Sure there are plenty of guys like this guy out there , he's been on Thai TV programs quite a lot . Interesting life . Went to Cambridge , turned his back on the ratrace in the UK . Taught in Thailand , Worked on a building site in Thailand ! and now runs a small farm with his family in Khon Khen . Check it out .

• Like 1

I just thought that rather than the ' She did me wrong ' documentaries that seem to be everywhere it might be good to show a foreigner who has obviously integrated well into Thailand . Lives happily with his family ect . Not many of us would have gone to extremes of living that he has but fair play to the guy . He's up there on the platform with the monks with a good message . There's more to life than getting rich !

• Like 1

I just thought that rather than the ' She did me wrong ' documentaries that seem to be everywhere it might be good to show a foreigner who has obviously integrated well into Thailand . Lives happily with his family ect . Not many of us would have gone to extremes of living that he has but fair play to the guy . He's up there on the platform with the monks with a good message . There's more to life than getting rich !

The guy speaks Thai fairly well - I think this is the most important ingredient in integration. Also he talks of 'kwam sook" rather than "sanook" that the Pattaya guys talk about. The previous vdo of the guy who married his Thai teacher has a good chance of success. The ones that marry 'entertainment' girls have little chance. Many of these girls I have met, if not most, over the years actually refuse to teach their other halves Thai as they want them to remain clueless and separate from the world around them.

• 1 month later...
This film is on pirate bay, I just finished downloading it. No VPN is needed. After thirteen years here, I found it sort of interesting. Midway through the film you feel like this guy is the poster child for the wacky farang that comes to Thailand, marries the first bar girl he meets, and then moves to upcountry hell after building the mansion in the village. But by the end of the film, and you realize he is flat broke and and truly screwed, you almost feel sorry for the guy. Anyway the airlines should show this film on inbound flights to Thailand .... :-)

I just downloaded this film and watched it with the wife(she translated the thai ,which the film does not do ) i felt sorry for this guy at the end ,but two things came across ,he was a loser in the begining ,saying that after being divorced at 32 he could not get a woman except one with two or three kids ,rubbish i was still dating 20 plus girls at that age and i was divorced with a child ,then at 40 he was over the hill and to old for British women absolute drivel ,then i got the impression that he was a big drinker (you hardly ever see him without a bottle of chang) and it was obvious that his wife really did not like him and from what she said in Thai was that well off people thought they could could buy you. ,she was also willing to let him stay at the house to live if he did not bother her. so all in all a born loser ,but i still felt some sympathy for him.

• Like 1

Well deserved, the guy is in his 50's and believe that he can have 20 years old girls and "nobody judges you for it" in Thailand ? He lives in Lalaland

The lesson to be learnt is not "without money you lose everything"

It's "Without common sense you don't know that 20 years old are not naturally attracted to 50 yo "

Get a grip ...

The guy on the show tells us about beautiful available Thai girls, how he didn't want ugly women with children, which was all he could get in the UK.

Then he moves in with an ugly Thai woman with children. Amazing Thailand.

I thought that all in all they were quite well matched, it's not as if he was getting a stunning 20 year old virgin.

Now if you want to see a truly awful woman, take a look at "Mee and my Dad"

http://vimeo.com/1314479

@HS

Usual stuff, about how she moved in with him because she thought he was loaded, then found out he wasn't so out he goes.

She didn't seem to actively dislike him, just that he wasn't what she originally thought (wealthy).

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

The person investing in the home with thier Own Finances should always take care to never loose what they can not afford.

Tread Cautiously ..........

Don't pay cash for a vehicle unless it is wholy in your name (the foreigner).

Better to finance it with the misse's Credit with your down payment.

If things go sour, you can walk away.

Many ways to protect yourself with a house and property.

Not going to get into details here, but talk with other Expats that have experience in doing a 30 year Lease of the Land and other legal paperwork.

Remember that you can Never Own the Land in Thailand, but you can own the Dwelling.

Thai divorces are not always easy. Especially if the other party will not cooperate and sign at the Ampur. Then you have to go to Court.

And that can take a long time and is a hastle.

If the relationship works out fine, then great, but if not, Be Prepared ahead of time.

Edited by KimoMax

I just downloaded this film and watched it with the wife(she translated the thai ,which the film does not do ) i felt sorry for this guy at the end ,but two things came across ,he was a loser in the begining ,saying that after being divorced at 32 he could not get a woman except one with two or three kids ,rubbish i was still dating 20 plus girls at that age and i was divorced with a child ,then at 40 he was over the hill and to old for British women absolute drivel ,then i got the impression that he was a big drinker (you hardly ever see him without a bottle of chang) and it was obvious that his wife really did not like him and from what she said in Thai was that well off people thought they could could buy you. ,she was also willing to let him stay at the house to live if he did not bother her. so all in all a born loser ,but i still felt some sympathy for him.

Abso-xxxxxx'-lutely !! 100% loser

I roared with laughter when he said something along the lines of, "In the UK, I'm a social leper. Everything's set up for younger people but in Thailand, you've got all these lovely women who genuinely want to be with you" and when he echoed a legion of Thaivisa forum members when said that Western women come with 3 kids and a load of emotional baggage as if he was such a fuggin' catch.

The thing is, he did look in the mirror - I saw him do it

Maybe he saw something other than the overweight, sweating like a turkey at Christmas, borderline alcoholic, coronary-bypass-patient-in-waiting that I did.

Even all that isn't really responsible for the guy's epic failure. No, the lion's share of blame for that was - and probably remains - his attitude and his personality

Edited by metisdead

I roared with laughter when he said something along the lines of, "In the UK, I'm a social leper. Everything's set up for younger people but in Thailand, you've got all these lovely women who genuinely want to be with you" and when he echoed a legion of Thaivisa forum members when said that Western women come with 3 kids and a load of emotional baggage as if he was such a fuggin' catch.

Maybe he saw something other than the overweight, sweating like a turkey at Christmas, borderline alcoholic, coronary-bypass-patient-in-waiting that I did.

Even all that isn't really responsible for the guy's epic failure. No, the lion's share of blame for that was - and probably remains - his attitude and his personality

Yep another dreamer who ends up in a nightmare.

Still sad to see he wont be the last .

I have to agree for once :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched it. Interesting documentary. Maybe some parts were staged though.

Wonder why he allowed himself to be filmed? I guess a lot of guys would have been too embarrassed to be seen to be publicly fleeced like that.

The bar where they met, the Rooster Bar, looked a lot like the one in Buckskin Joe's, although that closed in ca 2003 which I guess puts paid to that.

http://youtu.be/fUIbwO05JAA

Edited by katana