There Is A Real Person Behind Each Nick!

Sometimes I have noticed that the responses on here don't reflect that fact.

Perhaps some of you feel the same i don't know.

All I can say to you is when you look at my lazy hammock loving avatar you consider the ten miles I walked over the Great Glen in Scotland today.

Also that I miss Thailand terribly and look forward to returning soon.

Really I am wondering what is on your minds?

All of you are human behind those avatars and nicks....at least let us all know you are there.

Perhaps then we can better understand one another's views. wai.gif

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since I have cricket on my mind ... I usually play with a straight bat.

Yep ... that's me in the Avatar.

The other is the son of the sister of a 'friend' of mine.

Orange quite becomes me I think ...

Since I have cricket on my mind ... I usually play with a straight bat.

Yep ... that's me in the Avatar.

The other is the son of the sister of a 'friend' of mine.

Orange quite becomes me I think ...

I don't know a lot about cricket David but my lassie is a willowy affair....nothing medium paced about her at all. wink.png

Edited by smokie36
  • Like 1

Me. I'm just an old country boy (lad) who likes to have a joke and enjoy a good laugh.

If I can help someone then I will.

There is that old saying "If you can't say something good then don't say anything" and

I do try to live by that and as for Thailand.... I love it and look forward to being back to live

there in 2015. Until then just holidaysthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Don't worry if you think I'm off form at the moment.

My next thread will be about constructive posting across the Forum.

I will endeavour to bring that one to a wider audience. thumbsup.gif

I am waiting.wink.pngthumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Sorry I thought you said 'constructive posing'. I'm not sure we're ready for the smokie pouch just yet...

Sorry I thought you said 'constructive posing'. I'm not sure we're ready for the smokie pouch just yet...

I can do that too endure...for a fee. Send me a PM. laugh.png

I can do that too endure...for a fee. Send me a PM. laugh.png

Perish the thought w00t.gif

• Like 1

I enjoyed a rest in the hammock and baking heat only last week, have to lay a towel on though as the tension placed on a thin T shirt allows the local wildlife to access a drink through my clothing!!!

Just returned to the UK after great time with my wife and children, life is good, if not perfect yet!!

On my mind right now? waiting to enjoy the finale of the premier league season, should be a great afternoon, I have a flutter on the games just for fun, profit well loss usually!! but it gives a real interest in the outcome of every game. This is one entertaining activity I miss when I am in Thailand.

• Like 2

My avatar is from a photo I took of the latch on the door into the Guia Lighthouse in Macau . The brass fitting is well crafted and enigmatic in apearance .

I am , on the other hand , just a Shaky fan .

• Like 1

Smokie, you are feeling low - the weather's <deleted> over there even now that it's the verge of summer and you're missing the charms of your Thai lady. That's just natural. But you have all the attractions of our native land to take your mind off that. You know what I mean, haggis suppers, cold but not heavy rain that goes on for days, pints of heavy, the endless debate about Rangers and being very careful in Old Firm boozers,

Come back soon

• Like 2

......and here was me thinking that was you currently swinging gently in your hammock pondering your next post.....

If it's any consolation, sometimes when I'm swinging gently in my hammock I think how pleasant it could be to experience "cold" occasionally.

Interesting thread...

What is on my mind at the moment? That TV has changed over the years and is a lot more fun nowadays....

I reckon I am a good all rounder ( as is my stomach)..There are people on here that have lived in Thailand longer than I..but most have Knott. but I don't want to ape them either in action or in name.

• Like 1

Yes the weather is particularly bad today but I have stocked the fridge full of beer and battening down the hatches for the evening.

Sure there is some beautiful scenery here...I love to go walking around the Highlands. Too lazy for the longer routes but plenty to see nonetheless.

Its a welcome retreat from the nagging of my lassie. (I hope she don't read thisbiggrin.png )

Back to the LOS soon enough folks...don't feel too sorry for me...I have a blessed life with the best of both worlds really. We can all find things to complain about if we try hard enough.

Yes plopmeister the forum is more fun these days. I attribute that to some excellent and truthful yet fun posters. They are a good bunch. Also a mention for the mostly excellent, consistent and more reasonable mods we have now. thumbsup.gif (hope that is OK to say)

Onionluke that is a fascinating fact. How is Macau? I have yet to visit. Was in Vietnam and Cambodia a lot the last couple of years but that is on the to do list.

pastitche sadly I am an East Coaster at heart so prefer a good white pudding. Mind you the smell rising from the bag is similar enough. Haggis is a breakfast thing for me.

473geo were you standing next to me in the Fluke this afternoon? He lost as well...mind he offered to buy me a beer too. Maybe you have voted in that thread too? As a Spurs fan I was happy enough to get fourth. The UK this time of year is OK....plenty of sunlight hours which I love.

chops what's up mate? i never thought that at all....

Yes the weather is particularly bad today but I have stocked the fridge full of beer and battening down the hatches for the evening.

Sure there is some beautiful scenery here...I love to go walking around the Highlands. Too lazy for the longer routes but plenty to see nonetheless.

Its a welcome retreat from the nagging of my lassie. (I hope she don't read thisbiggrin.png )

Back to the LOS soon enough folks...don't feel too sorry for me...I have a blessed life with the best of both worlds really. We can all find things to complain about if we try hard enough.

Yes plopmeister the forum is more fun these days. I attribute that to some excellent and truthful yet fun posters. They are a good bunch. Also a mention for the mostly excellent, consistent and more reasonable mods we have now. thumbsup.gif (hope that is OK to say)

Onionluke that is a fascinating fact. How is Macau? I have yet to visit. Was in Vietnam and Cambodia a lot the last couple of years but that is on the to do list.

pastitche sadly I am an East Coaster at heart so prefer a good white pudding. Mind you the smell rising from the bag is similar enough. Haggis is a breakfast thing for me.

473geo were you standing next to me in the Fluke this afternoon? He lost as well...mind he offered to buy me a beer too. Maybe you have voted in that thread too? As a Spurs fan I was happy enough to get fourth. The UK this time of year is OK....plenty of sunlight hours which I love.

Young man it is not sad to be an East Coaster and I should have realised that you were given that excellent delicacy you chose as your nickname. White pudding (sometimes known as mealy pudding) is OK, I could find that when I lived in central Scotland but perhaps you could tell me about the red pudding I have seen on sale in Fife and other places up that way?

I do wish that some of these people behind the silhouettes would gather enough to create an av...

Anything will work.

I am still trying to gather enough to create a personality .

I do wish that some of these people behind the silhouettes would gather enough to create an av...

Anything will work.

Hope my avatar fits

It is a perfect likeness of me........before I put the weight on.sad.png

Edited by kevjohn

Anything will work.

I am still trying to gather enough to create a personality .

Oh if only... maybe the wizard of oz could give me one

A personality! Oh for goodness sake, missus!

SC

My avatar is just a picture of my ugly lil' face. w00t.gif

I'm trying to stop spending my money on food and 7 Eleven is killing me as I am slowly piling on the lbs. ermm.gif So I am under house arrest and have become a massive internet geek. Also I think I have an obsession with David Attenborough as his voice just soothes me every time! I realised today that I have downloaded 40GB of David Attenborough documentaries... But yes, move a long... Nothing interesting to see here. coffee1.gif

Young man it is not sad to be an East Coaster and I should have realised that you were given that excellent delicacy you chose as your nickname. White pudding (sometimes known as mealy pudding) is OK, I could find that when I lived in central Scotland but perhaps you could tell me about the red pudding I have seen on sale in Fife and other places up that way?

Thanks for your reply. Yes i too have seen red pudding offered in the chip shops of that fine Kingdom. I believe it is a loose suasagemeat concoction however I have never tried it, preferring to stick with my white favourite.

While we are on the subject can anyone shed light on the contents of a "mock chop". I have seen that a few times as well.

I'm trying to stop spending my money on food and 7 Eleven is killing me as I am slowly piling on the lbs. ermm.gif So I am under house arrest and have become a massive internet geek. Also I think I have an obsession with David Attenborough as his voice just soothes me every time! I realised today that I have downloaded 40GB of David Attenborough documentaries... But yes, move a long... Nothing interesting to see here. coffee1.gif

I'm not going to argue with a Mancunian lass, especially one with your pedigree, although I did spend a couple of years in Salford so I could be described as semi hard at least? rolleyes.gif

Try Family Mart instead by the way as they never have anything I would desire to eat. thumbsup.gif

All of you are human behind those avatars and nicks....at least let us all know you are there.

I am here.

I'm delighted you popped by to say hello Old Croc, I've often considered giving your avatar a friendly back rub!

I'm not going to argue with a Mancunian lass, especially one with your pedigree, although I did spend a couple of years in Salford so I could be described as semi hard at least? rolleyes.gif

Try Family Mart instead by the way as they never have anything I would desire to eat. thumbsup.gif

Hah! Salford is probably worse than Manchester! You win 'ard brownie points. wai.gif

As for Family Mart, there isn't one near me unfortunately. I might just try and get myself banned from my local 7 Eleven so I can't go in there. ;)